Quantcast

MRP Mini-G - let the bashing begin

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
SMT was using taco style chainguides way before e13. This is where MRP got the patent and poached the designer from.

Yeop, I'm pretty sure that is the redneck that designed it. Pretty nice bloke though :)

Chaz-man

Chimp
Jan 23, 2007
In a hole near a mountain
SMT was using taco style chainguides way before e13. This is where MRP got the patent and poached the designer from.

Yeop, I'm pretty sure that is the redneck that designed it. Pretty nice bloke though :)
See, thats what the pictures in the patent show, a half circle (180 degrees) bashguard attached to a BB shell with a bottom bracket sandwich. I don't see much of a chainguide there, looks like a bashguard only. That guy needs some better teeth! :pirate2:

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
He had a guide version too, the bashie wrapped around like the mrp does now. The one in the pic was for street stalls and stuff.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm resurrecting an old thread to post this: http://www.vitalmtb.com/news/press-release/Press-Release-MRP-s-Integrated-Bash-Guard-Awarded-U-S-Patent,385

"Mountain Racing Products (MRP) is proud to announce the recent award of United States Patent No. RE 42,436. This patent covers MRP products that have a chain ring protector that mounts to the frame of a bicycle rather than to the crank spider - including the G2, G2 SL, XCG and the new 2X guide."

I'm not sure what the patent covers... is it just the taco? does that mean e-13 will have to pay royalties now? just curious.