Quantcast

Monster Park weekend @ Snowshoe?

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I see that there's a race going on this weekend as well? Anybody know if the western territory trails will be open to people who arent racing that weekend? I realize that you wont be able to ride the course during the race, but what about during practice on friday?

You will be able to ride the trails all you want too on Friday on the Western side - they usually have the non-racers go down a different entrance to get to everything which is to the left of the lift. They won't let you go thru the start area unless you have a number plate.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
"For the Saturday and SUNDAY of the race weekends ABOVE, as well as the dates of July 1 & 2 and August 12 & 13, both the Ballhooter Lift and Western Express Lift will be operating."----(from snowshoe's website, posted below the monster park and race schedule for that weekend.)

They're having a race Monster Park Weekend. And that race is listed ABOVE what I pasted from their site. So why wouldnt that apply?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
profro said:
That just doesn't make sense... :confused:

yeah.
i've confirmed that.

we'll have to see what happens when we get up there.
i'm wondering if they have a large amount of riders on sunday, if they won't get it up and running.
as that shuttle bus may get a little backed up.

i guess they have to set that up in advance.
seeing as how they'll need a group of employees to man it.

hey jeffkill.
how many of ya'll's bunch are going to be there ?

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
I rode the shuttle bus on friday and I was getting in a run every 30mins. The worst part about it was pedaling all the way down to the station to get picked up. Jermey and I did race runs on Saturday and Sunday on the lift and we were getting back to the top every 25 to 30minutes.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
dhbuilder said:
hey jeffkill.
how many of ya'll's bunch are going to be there ?
Im not sure if any of the Hickory guys are gonna be up there. Im going up with 2 other guys, and my gf is comin up to watch the comp on Sunday.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Just go ride the other side of the mountain on Sunday.
I am telling you guys it is fun as hell.
I was totally surprised because that stuff is not my deal,
but after leaving a couple of poop stains on some of the stunts,
that basin side is a blast. Its got more slimy, rooty, rocky, steep stuff than I would have thought.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Yeah, the basin side is fun too, the trails are just really short. Im going either way, I was just curious as to what was going on with the lifts. I just got off the phone with the bike shop up there, and they dont even really know. The guy I talked to didnt even know if the western territory lift was gonna be open on Friday?? And that seems kinda stupid to me, being that race practice will be going on.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
TCP21 said:
I will be there but not racing i dont think.
it doesn't matter.

register for the race anyway.
it's only $45 for all day friday and saturday.
it'll cost you more not to race.

i'm not a racer anymore by any means.
but the vibe up there is so cool and laid back, you'll be cheatin' yourself if you don't.
all it is is one more run during a day when you're out there riding anyway.
and it'll definately be the best groomed trail on the mt.

you'll see.
this ain't no norba event.
it's a blast.

stoneysnake

Monkey
May 24, 2002
easy living, wv
monster park is going to be insane and this is definitely going to be a race course you will not want to miss. especially you doug e. fresh. extra special i promise!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
stoneysnake said:
monster park is going to be insane and this is definitely going to be a race course you will not want to miss. especially you doug e. fresh. extra special i promise!

Straight down cup, turn onto Shays, and then finish off with lower hairball?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
You know I won't miss it. I'll be there in my usual fashion on Thursday night. Whatever course has the most gnar, I'm in for that one!

TCP21

Monkey
May 13, 2005
Greensboro, NC
dhbuilder said:
it doesn't matter.

register for the race anyway.
it's only $45 for all day friday and saturday.
it'll cost you more not to race.

i'm not a racer anymore by any means.
but the vibe up there is so cool and laid back, you'll be cheatin' yourself if you don't.
all it is is one more run during a day when you're out there riding anyway.
and it'll definately be the best groomed trail on the mt.

you'll see.
this ain't no norba event.
it's a blast.

im just not doing this race but i am doing the last race.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I see what you guys are saying that it would be cheaper to race, but will they let you ride the basin side too if you only pay race fees? I would assume you can ride everything outside of the race course on the western territory?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
JeffKill said:
I see what you guys are saying that it would be cheaper to race, but will they let you ride the basin side too if you only pay race fees? I would assume you can ride everything outside of the race course on the western territory?
Yep, if you pay to race, you get access to the whole mountain including the basin side.
I will be thinking about you azzclowns that weekend while I am sitting in a monkey suit at my cousin's wedding.:mumble:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
JeffKill said:

There were a few guys that were going back and forth from side to side at the first race with their pass that got from singing up to race. We didn't because we where having so much fun on the Western side. You may want to call up to the Bike shop at Snowshoe and ask.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Jeremy R said:
Yep, if you pay to race, you get access to the whole mountain including the basin side.
I will be thinking about you azzclowns that weekend while I am sitting in a monkey suit at my cousin's wedding.:mumble:
the unabridged downhillers dictionary.

azzclown.
someone who goes to their cousin's wedding, while his buddies are rippin it up at snowshoe. :love:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
dhbuilder said:

azzclown.
someone who goes to their cousin's wedding, while his buddies are rippin it up at snowshoe. :love:
Hey,

Aren't you supposed to be weedeating a certain mountain? :clue:

:weee:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
stoneysnake said:
this is definitely going to be a race course you will not want to miss. extra special i promise!
please, please, please,
let it run down that beautiful nasty rocky trail that runs out of the old wild zone area.

i was fixated on that every time on the lift ride back up.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
profro said:
Hey,

i had to go look at something for a worrywart of a potential customer.

picked up a new husqvarna weedeater yesterday.
and a s...load of titanium wire.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
dhbuilder said:

azzclown.
That's Mr. Clown to your buddy......:)

I can hear the dust collecting on my bike this very moment.:help:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
profro said:
Hey,

wow.
i just checked the c.hepler weather link.

i'm glad i'm not up there now.

looks like another weekend of great moist trails again.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
dhbuilder said:
wow.
i just checked the c.hepler weather link.

i'm glad i'm not up there now.

looks like another weekend of great moist trails again.
Yep, I'm at home working this afternoon and its rolling through here right now.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Jeremy R said:
Yeah, you wouldn't want to miss 2 of your cousins getting married to each other. :hot: Have fun at the pig roast. :oink: :oink: :oink:

Today, I got the green light from the wife to go race snowshoe on our anniversary weekend. I gave her the choice of a second honeymoon or I go to Snowshoe. She said have fun at snowshoe.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
ChrisKring said:
Yeah, you wouldn't want to miss 2 of your cousins getting married to each other. :hot: Have fun at the pig roast. :oink: :oink: :oink:

Today, I got the green light from the wife to go race snowshoe on our anniversary weekend. I gave her the choice of a second honeymoon or I go to Snowshoe. She said have fun at snowshoe.
That's it.
I am starting my raindance tonight.
The special race cancelling monsoon version.
Its a dance I learned from my Indian cousin who is married to my half brother's aunt.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Jeremy R said:
That's it.
I am starting my raindance tonight.
The special race cancelling monsoon version.
Its a dance I learned from my Indian cousin who is married to my half brother's aunt.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

damnit.
now i have to go build a new trail.
(still a pretty good deal though.)

Jun 11, 2004
Jeremy R said:
That's Mr. Clown to your buddy......:)

I can hear the dust collecting on my bike this very moment.:help:

Does your cousin realize that its Monster Park weekend as well??

Maybe he/she will re-schedule the wedd'in.................

You made the right choice though...........I much rather be doing the Electric Slide in a monkey suit than racing/watching MP!

See you at the next one JR..................

stoneysnake

Monkey
May 24, 2002
easy living, wv
34 ft. road gap over west ridge road is one of the highlights of the new race course. the course will definitely fit in with the monster park theme. lots of machine work. very big, very fast, and very long! i'll try to get some pics up by monday.

late

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
that's outstanding !!!

with a jump the big, it's going to have to have a relaxed naturally fast run in.
pedalling into something that big usually leads to getting out of shape in mid air. :help:

we have a 35-40ft. roadgap/stepdown that has a wicked curving run in that needs no pedaling.
and the guys are killin it.