Quantcast

Monkeys You Have Met?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
shit. @jonKranked chiming in reminded me that we hung at snowshoe, although we drank beers and ate wings together we did not ride together because of his ima git you sucka toe issues. but zdubyadubya and i did hit a trail up there...

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
@buckoW any chance you'll ever make your way stateside again? east coast-ish?
If I do it would be to go see my Dad in Tucson and visit friends in Colorado and Mexico. I would like to go see Neko and ride with you too but I think that is wishful thinking for now. I can’t even get out of this valley unless it is to go to work. I’m too comfortable therefore you are going to have to come over here!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If I do it would be to go see my Dad in Tucson and visit friends in Colorado and Mexico. I would like to go see Neko and ride with you too but I think that is wishful thinking for now. I can’t even get out of this valley unless it is to go to work. I’m too comfortable therefore you are going to have to come over here!
switzerland

notably devoid of banjos

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
shit. @jonKranked chiming in reminded me that we hung at snowshoe, although we drank beers and ate wings together we did not ride together because of his ima git you sucka toe issues. but zdubyadubya and i did hit a trail up there...
Well the toe incident was at the start of the ride. Then limped the rest of the way through.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
switzerland

notably devoid of banjos
100% not true! However, there are way more accordions in the backwoods around here. Same idea tho.

You guys just need to give me a heads up about how many deathtraps I gotta weld up for this.

I got 4 for y’all currently. The first one is more deathtrappy than the rest and that’s reserved for @kidwoo

This is the Chalet in town we usually rent out for people like you!
https://www.regiondentsdumidi.ch/en/592941-chalet-joli-nid-7184/

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I hear banjos

Anybody else hear banjos?
We had a random dude walk out of the bush playing a banjo at a campsite in Pennsylvania.

His lady wasn't far behind and dragged him out by the ear.

The next morning our campsite neighbors woke up, chugged cups of redbull and mountain dew and then took off.

So yeah, go to PA for the weirdos*.

*though the redbull and mountain dew bros were from west virginia...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
We had a random dude walk out of the bush playing a banjo at a campsite in Pennsylvania.

The next morning our campsite neighbors woke up, chugged cups of redbull and mountain dew and then took off.

so you've definitely met jonkranked

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Nick
SkaredShtles
Jonkranked
-bb-
Full Trucker
6thElement
Adventurous
Toshi
Pesqueeb
John P
DW
MattG
Kazlx
Kidwoo
BrianHCM
Acadian
The Law
Sir Chomps-a-lot
Abe
TN
Eric
I stayed with one of the guys in OK when I got the M, but can't remember who it was.
... Lots more

How far you want to go back here? I met or rode with almost 100% of the CA monkeys at one point or another. A good chunk of the monkeys that were racing college and national circuits 2000-2005.
wait? where when.. Downieville? Crack in Pacifica? UCSC? I know I have had a lot of concussions but I am drawing a blank

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I bought and tried to learn to play banjo about 10 years ago. Could manage the picking just fine but 5 poorly healed broken bones in the left hand was a lost cause.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If somehow, someway, Plattekill became a thing again. I can only hope to remember the parts I walked and watched some crazy shit there. I still have scars from those BMW pedals.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I met a lot of monkeys but got shitfaced with @jdcamb the night before a 24 hour race. Good times right there.
Woodford Reserve pre night ride with Tequila Doug and Babs. Stunt Matty was there also. Dalton was a cool course. Dude named Bill made some awesome BBQ and Breakfast.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have met a lot of Monkeys over the years some of the shortest have been @6thElement who picked up a jersey at my apartment in Brooklyn and left before I could offer a beer and @kidwoo who I met while he was riding with with Acadian but both were to fast for me to follow down the mountain.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Met and/or ridden with a few of you fine people ...

SS
Pesqueeb
6thElement
Adventurous
MTG
jstuhlman
stoney
Full Trucker
Kidwoo
jonKranked
JohnE
stiHacka
rideit

sunringlerider
sylentk
toshi
montana rider

edit: HAB

Lots of great stories here. I hope to keep this list growing. I need to travel more.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
switzerland
100% not true! However, there are way more accordions in the backwoods around here. Same idea tho.

You guys just need to give me a heads up about how many deathtraps I gotta weld up for this.

I got 4 for y’all currently. The first one is more deathtrappy than the rest and that’s reserved for @kidwoo

This is the Chalet in town we usually rent out for people like you!
https://www.regiondentsdumidi.ch/en/592941-chalet-joli-nid-7184/
i would never leave switzerland....almost....

the chalet....if i only knew 20 people....let alone 50...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Hmm, let's see...

CrabJoe
StiHacka
Sandwich
Inclag
Schwaa
Dan-O
Splat
BadDNA
IRB
MBC
Treesaw
Sqrl
JBP
Quo Fan
Suspect Device
6thElement
Stoney
Toshi
Nick
Ful Trucker
SkaredShtles
Pesqueeb
JonKranked
JohnE
Westy
Montanarider

Probably missed some in there.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This thread could be more easily answered if the question had been, "which monkeys have you had to take to the ER or been taken to the ER by?"

edit per @stoney

His answer should be, "who hasn't taken him to the ER".

Last edited:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
If anyone remembers the shit show that was the Virginia forum you would remember all the psychopaths that eventually got banned. I crossed paths with several of them and maintained anonymity so I wouldn't have to talk to them. That being said @mrbigisbudgood and @peter6061 we're good people.
LOL, yeah that forum was a mess. I used to ride with @peter6061 from time to time and raced the 2005 SSWC together, along with @Agentorangemen

I've met a lot of monkeys, but there was usually drinking, so I missed some names. Pretty sure I've met:

Agentorangemen
Berkshireridre
binary visions
Boostindoubles
Brungeman
canadmos
Cromby1
deyv & isa
dirtgirl
douglas
Echo
I Are Baboon
ICEBALL585
jacksonpt
JBP
jdcamb
JollyTime
jozz & Karine
JustBill
maddog17
MMcG
McGRP01
MtnBikerChk
NEGladerider
peter6061
psycle-on
QuoFan & Teresa
sirknight6
spincrazy
splat
Sq-earl
Squeak
stef
syadasti
Tammy
Treesaw
Tweek
W00dy

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
4xBoy
6thElement
Adventurous
ballr
BurlyShirley
dexter
dh girlie
HAB
John P
johnbryanpeters
JohnE
jonKranked
kidwoo
Lelandjt
Lord Opie
Montana rider
mtg
Nick
Pesqueeb
rideit
scrublover
Serial Midget
SkaredShtles
snowskilz
Sq-earl
Squeak
StiHacka
stoney
sylentk
ThePriceSeliger
Toshi
TreeSaw

Ridden with most of them, only a handful that was just a meetup for a beer or something. And yeah yeah I know, there's a couple up there that no longer post, but they used to quite a bit. And while I haven't met him face to face, I did have a nice phone chat with gonefirefightin about construction stuff a week or two ago so maybe that's an honorable mention.

Last edited: