Quantcast

Monkeys in Switzerland?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
@buckoW are you in Switzerland? Or is my European geography failing me? Any other monkeys?

I found ski bindings I’ve been looking for (old color scheme preferable to new ugliness!) from a .ch site but they only ship to Switzerland…

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
bindings? come on you can find those here

The only thing worth getting from switzerland is secret hidden nazi treasures that they stole and hide in the mountains.
I want the old school high viz yellow as I currently have.

D16758CB-58A1-4795-9A30-8F42BEF5031D.jpeg

not this new ugliness:

87D65FB6-E303-4E76-BBBA-33B079FA048C.jpeg

7A473412-E361-48B4-A2E1-CF9570D430C3.jpeg

8DB0A772-3557-41E3-97CF-706993F1AD98.jpeg

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
all Pivots other than black look beat to shit after a season anyway.

embrace your inner-FABULOUS and get something flashy and on this continent.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Have them shipped to a freight forwarder in Switzerland who will take care of the export documentation and shipping

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Have them shipped to a freight forwarder in Europe who will take care of the export documentation and shipping
No

No, don't do that. the electric car buying save the planet guy (in the right mood at least) is talking about shipping fucking ski bindings halfway around the world just so he can get a (very ugly mind you) color so his stupid little skis can be matchy matchy.

That's a horrible idea. No one should do that. That's crazy. bAcKiNmYdAy™ we bought bindings to hold our feet on and we liked it!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
No

No, don't do that. the electric car buying save the planet guy (in the right mood at least) is talking about shipping fucking ski bindings halfway around the world just so he can get a (very ugly mind you) color so his stupid little skis can be matchy matchy.

That's a horrible idea. No one should do that. That's crazy. bAcKiNmYdAy™ we bought bindings to hold our feet on and we liked it!
1676597826598.png

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
No

The carbon cost of shipping a small box around the world is negligible in the grand scheme. :)

And after all all of them made it from China to their retail locations in the first place.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The carbon cost of shipping a small box around the world is negligible in the grand scheme. :)
Yeah man that's the same logic used in biblical era stonings. yOu cAnT pRoVe iT wAs mY sToNe tHaT kIlLeD tHeM

Just because you can explain away narcissistic consumerism as being absorbed in the whole doesn't mean you aren't contributing to it. Plus chartreuse is fucking ugly.

"I'm only doing what every average american dumbass does" is never really one of my goals, just speaking personally.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Not everything needs moral purity. My eldest kid is super excited that we will have matching skis some day. Is it silly? Yes. Does the concept of it bring a 10 year old happiness? Also yes.

As it doesn’t involve directly clubbing baby deals then I think I’ll do it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
h
Of course you will. It's what you always do.

COME ON MAN IT'S FUCKING FLUORESCENT YELLOW! YOU'RE NOT EVEN FRENCH!!!
have you seen how I dress to bike commute

I am a construction worker at heart

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Went to check out, buckoW’s address in hand (thanks!) and then they only take money orders? What is this, 1960?

I think I will drop this idea now.

E458DBEA-DF5A-4010-A6F3-9536873148F6.png
19854AF4-BF3B-4805-A70F-9EB549DE3244.png

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
seems legit :rofl:

come on man it's switzerland

the country that willingly hides some of humanities worse atrocities in name of neutrality. Those sellers are just righting the wrongs of history. Of course they used a pair of chartreuse ski bindings as a honey pot to take good hard working american's money.

Look I didn't want to say anything but I've got some ugly 14 din pivots. Just walk over to the coors brewery, follow the footpath up cold creek to the interpretive sign, and drop a briefcase of the whites. Inside that underwear should be a certified bank check for 5 bitcoin.

Once you've done this you'll find directions dropped from a weather balloon at your feet. Ignore the letters in mandarin but follow the english directions (no other side) into the creek where once you immerse yourself, you'll see a small ammo case with the most matchy matchy bindings you've ever laid eyes upon. You can even keep the ammo case. It's got a really valuable ape NFT painted on the outside that's also totally worth something.

Perhaps some dignified onyx and gold? Nothing conveys the discerning buyer like gold! Like trump tower! Fancy.

Last edited: