Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Just make sure your new swinger-house in HR has an extra garage bay so that you can keep the ///M in there all winter… up on jackstands, of course. 5 months should be enough to get yearly maintenance done, right?

With regard to APR there are some 0% for 60 month deals +/- $1000 extra cash back out there for Toyota: http://www.toyota.com/deals/apr/ . I'm paying 1.24% and 1.49% on the RAV4 EV and Land Cruiser, for the record. Not bad for used car money!

This is the time to cue Shared Skittles going on a rant against leverage/for paying cash like he didn't for his F-150. :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That sounds pretty reasonable. I'm certainly not one to go all ZOMG RWD YOU'RE GOING TO DIE but I wouldn't want to drive an M5 every day through one of your winters. Not because you can't, but just because it takes a bit more care and attention that I'd rather not worry about all the time (e.g coming home tired from a day of skiing).
I'm not concerned about it. I've got winters (17x8 vs. 18x9.5 & 18x8.5) with a focus on traction. The traction control is actually annoyingly good and starting in 2nd when possible keeps me from over loading the tires. I'll probably put about 100# of weight (sandbags?) into the trunk to help with keeping weight over the axle. Weekdays are realistically the only time it has to be driven going to/from work, anything else is via Wifey's car. If I go up, it just means I can't rally up Berthoud Pass like I did with the Lesbaru. It was fine unless I got into snow 8"+ deep then I risked high-center.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just make sure your new swinger-house in HR has an extra garage bay so that you can keep the ///M in there all winter… up on jackstands, of course. 5 months should be enough to get yearly maintenance done, right?

With regard to APR there are some 0% for 60 month deals +/- $1000 extra cash back out there for Toyota: http://www.toyota.com/deals/apr/ . I'm paying 1.24% and 1.49% on the RAV4 EV and Land Cruiser, for the record. Not bad for used car money!

This is the time to cue Shared Skittles going on a rant against leverage/for paying cash like he didn't for his F-150. :D
Wifey didn't decide to sell while we still had market peak, so I'm not selling while we're back down again. Not going to happen. So, I just get to block both parking spots in the garage for now.

Rates are stupid cheap right now for cars. It's hard to not want to go that route.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'm not concerned about it. I've got winters (17x8 vs. 18x9.5 & 18x8.5) with a focus on traction. The traction control is actually annoyingly good and starting in 2nd when possible keeps me from over loading the tires. I'll probably put about 100# of weight (sandbags?) into the trunk to help with keeping weight over the axle. Weekdays are realistically the only time it has to be driven going to/from work, anything else is via Wifey's car. If I go up, it just means I can't rally up Berthoud Pass like I did with the Lesbaru. It was fine unless I got into snow 8"+ deep then I risked high-center.
Oh yeah I'm sure it'll get you around fine, especially if you've got whatever your wife's driving for real trips to the mountains. I DD'd an e36 M3 for a few years, and with good winter tires it got the job done. I can't necessarily rely on someone else for those rides, and if I'm making ~15 trips a year to ski it's just nice to have something a little more capable.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Oh yeah I'm sure it'll get you around fine, especially if you've got whatever your wife's driving for real trips to the mountains. I DD'd an e36 M3 for a few years, and with good winter tires it got the job done. I can't necessarily rely on someone else for those rides, and if I'm making ~15 trips a year to ski it's just nice to have something a little more capable.
Generally slower turns and more Swedish flicks :pilot:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello dudes and dudettes. Happy swell holiday Monday to all of my fellow Canukistan comrades as well.

First day on the bike since Thursday and hit up two local trail spots. First spot was JAMMED with people. I've never seen so many people out hiking.

I also saw pretty much everything you can see out on the trails, besides someone using it as their bong or sex shed. Lets go over some of what I saw today;
  • Caught someone putting logs across the trail in an effort to block bikes, I'm guessing.
  • Got cussed out by some old milf, because I didn't come to a complete stop on my bike to let her dog pass by. Lets not mention that when I rolled up on them, I was in my lowest gear at a crawl......and there she is, bent over, ass in the air tying her laces.....IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TRAIL.
  • Saw a Rock Shox Totem
  • Helped some lost Asian peeps
  • Led some kids out of the trail, they were lost too
  • Came down a trail and found this fat wide dog of some sorts, that I would not want to wrestle with. His owner was off behind a tree taking a dump. His pants were still down when he looked around the tree to see why his dog was causing a ruckus.
  • Saw a dude on a carbon fat bike decked out in full lycra race gear.
  • I got the tip of my seat jammed into my ass, again. Hit this log over wrong and the bike just stopped dead. I thought I pooped myself..
Oh and the leaves are in full swing here. Its time to start monster trucking through the forest, 'cause you can't see shit under them now.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Glorious ride today. Was headed out to the only decent legal riding spot, but traffic to get there was insane. So I turned around and decided to take my chances on the unofficial trails. I figured the rangers would be too busy directing traffic. The unofficial trails were completely empty. Conditions were ideal. Warm, sunny, dry. And just enough leaves have fallen to open up the sight lines, but not enough to cover all ground obstacles... I even stopped to take some pictures...
18 oct 2015 brazilian.jpg

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
cameltoe in jeans...would be a powerful 'toe...
Can't remember her name, but the girl who sat behind me in 11th grade history had strong 'toe in jeans.

And those were the days when jeans were made with materials that were more like like fucking heavy tent canvas.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Hello dudes and dudettes. Happy swell holiday Monday to all of my fellow Canukistan comrades as well.

First day on the bike since Thursday and hit up two local trail spots. First spot was JAMMED with people. I've never seen so many people out hiking.

I also saw pretty much everything you can see out on the trails, besides someone using it as their bong or sex shed. Lets go over some of what I saw today;
  • Caught someone putting logs across the trail in an effort to block bikes, I'm guessing.
  • Got cussed out by some old milf, because I didn't come to a complete stop on my bike to let her dog pass by. Lets not mention that when I rolled up on them, I was in my lowest gear at a crawl......and there she is, bent over, ass in the air tying her laces.....IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TRAIL.
  • Saw a Rock Shox Totem
  • Helped some lost Asian peeps
  • Led some kids out of the trail, they were lost too
  • Came down a trail and found this fat wide dog of some sorts, that I would not want to wrestle with. His owner was off behind a tree taking a dump. His pants were still down when he looked around the tree to see why his dog was causing a ruckus.
  • Saw a dude on a carbon fat bike decked out in full lycra race gear.
  • I got the tip of my seat jammed into my ass, again. Hit this log over wrong and the bike just stopped dead. I thought I pooped myself..
Oh and the leaves are in full swing here. Its time to start monster trucking through the forest, 'cause you can't see shit under them now.

You appear to out in the woods. A bike appears to be involved. Good work....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Off work for four days, tomorrow up at 0300, off road by 0430 and hiking with rifle by 0600. Hopefully we get into some antelope and get a good shot. Should be a great couple days either way