Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Apparently when the antibiotics one is taking for a wound infection say "Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight" on the bottle, going to Moab and riding multiple hours in 90+ degree heat isn't the best idea. Got a gnarly heat rash after Saturday's ride, which made riding the Whole Enchilada on Sunday rather challenging. On the mend now, but I doubt I'll be moving from bed too much today except to hydrate and hopefully see the doc.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Wicked weekend of riding! Autumn conditions are some of my favorite. An overnight storm left ice dripping from branches while the sun blazed overhead.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Rode a bike yesterday. Back hurts, but totally worth it.

///M is back up on the stands. Was a great 50 miles until it isht the bucket. Same problem with oil leaking from the intake again. Next option is to replace the exhaust side Cam Position Sensors and all of the hoses that have contact with the VANOS system. If that doesn't work, the VANOS is coming off and I need to replace a pressure valve behind it that regulates oil pressure back into the block. That's special order from Germany, so hopefully not, as it's going to take a month to get it. Worst case out of all of this is that I will be handling a lot of the 100-120k service items now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

///M is back up on the stands. Was a great 50 miles until it isht the bucket. Same problem with oil leaking from the intake again. Next option is to replace the exhaust side Cam Position Sensors and all of the hoses that have contact with the VANOS system. If that doesn't work, the VANOS is coming off and I need to replace a pressure valve behind it that regulates oil pressure back into the block. That's special order from Germany, so hopefully not, as it's going to take a month to get it. Worst case out of all of this is that I will be handling a lot of the 100-120k service items now.
let me remind you who chose fun over reliability.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

$75k off of MSRP!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Felt like one gear's worth of headwind riding in this morning. Or I could just be lagging ass by one gear. Either way I rolled into my office at 9:07 and no one is the wiser, as I'm on academic/research time all today and tomorrow.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
translation:

LOOK AT MY PENIS!!!! LOOK!!!!11
Nah. I can't/don't ride DH anymore. Gotta get my kicks somewhere.

Touche'! But no. I don't need more help looking like a penis. Just having the car makes people think it. I do find it amusing that the guys I work with are commenting about me driving a BMW, despite the fact it costs the same as their Honda Accord.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I don't know if rich is the word, but well off enough that it's not a hinderance. For example, I will not be able to take Wifey's car on Thursday. I'll just take Uber, so about $45-50 dollars for the day. Still cheaper than a rental car. I could choose to overnight the parts that I need, but that would be costly, and I am not in the need or urgency.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Columbus did not give me a day off work. A shape to be in the office on a perfect fall day outside. At least I still have fresh memories from yesterday's ride.