Quantcast

***Mondaze GMT***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
20220530_082259.jpg

did my civic duty....dude had two kitties hassling it when i rolled up...they ran...watched him try to slow hustle across the parking lot....picked him up and put him in the grass behind the shopping center...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Took this photo at Lorraine American Cemetery ( https://www.abmc.gov/Lorraine ) a year ago. On a prior visit, my older son asked me as we walked the grounds-

"Dad, are these all the guys who died in the war?"

I wish pal, I wish...

Have a nice day, fellow Monkeys, but please don't forget the reason for the holiday.

Namaste.
FT52gYxUUAEEgCh.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Might try to squeeze out for 2hrs to actually get Haley on track this am.

Spent 3hrs at Children's last night for Hannah. She went from groggy and super dehydrated to full bounce around and wanting snacks while we were there. Drive home knocked her out again. Hasn't woken up yet, so no idea how she's feeling today. If she's feeling better, might take all the bikes up to the track with us and do a ride at the park up there.

Need to install a dishwasher today. New counters are going in on the 1st & 2nd, so need the in-law suite functioning for then.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
No idea what's on tap today. I should be installing an attic access ladder in my garage so I can get it organized, but I'll probably wind up doing yard work followed by a lot of nothing.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Work gol darn it. Did have Espresso, eggs and bacon this morning so there is that. I need to put new starter batteries in the F350 this afternoon. Had to jump start the bastard this past weekend. 2 group 65 AGMs just lightened my wallet by $450

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Slept well last night. Getting some school outing paperwork notarized and then lazing out to Mountain Lion for a snow-reconnaissance lap.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:fie::fie::fie:

Not sure what we're doing today, gonna be a hot one. Maybe a ride with the wife in a shade somwhere north/west, as far as possible from beach-crazy crowds.
It's been there since day 1. Bedroom is my office. Living area is kid's play room/workout area/TV room. Kitchen is a fucking waste of space

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I found out I gambled right on Covid by skipping a trip with friends two weeks ago. I wasn’t sure about going for a weekend with a small group to stay in a house together, and go to a few social gatherings, so I decided to stay home. I finally heard about the trip yesterday and found out a few people in the group got sick with Covid.

That said, I’m totally getting Covid next week going to the NAMM show.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Slept well last night. Getting some school outing paperwork notarized and then lazing out to Mountain Lion for a snow-reconnaissance lap.
May have been some fresh snow up top last night.

Short ride with the DSO complete. Super windy outside for the ride I had planned for this afternoon though...

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
No idea what's on tap today. I should be installing an attic access ladder in my garage so I can get it organized, but I'll probably wind up doing yard work followed by a lot of nothing.
Cut a "test" opening in my garage ceiling to see what's what, and the answer is a resounding "nope". Any decent storage locations are taken up by gas piping, house electrical or solar wiring. :mad:

Lunch, patch some gypsum board, and then beer.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Been a good day and now I am tired and sleepy. I got up early and ran 7 miles, then wife and I met with up splat for a 2.5 hour ride, and stopped at a great hole in the wall pizza place after. I went with the fried fish BLT sandwich special.

285286209_10166096617960521_3789070835428038803_n.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Mountain Lion was ridden. Highest sustained heart rates by a solid 20 bpm on the downhill sections. :derp:

100% good to go, for the record. No snow or ice at all, and great soil conditions at the moment. Creek is running swiftly.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
14.5 miles, 3200ft of verts and plenty of rocks on this afternoon's ride with wifey. Pic in the photo thread.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
First..... THANK YOU to all the vets in Monkey-land!!! Though my youngest brother isn't a monkey, he did his share/support for this country.

Home from work, and it's the start of vacation! How is it spent? Watching the crew as they prep for our new stucco siding! I became lazy with painting, and the siding has seen much better days. Therefore, and with the kind, firm convincing of my almost 25-year bride, we got our estimates, and stucco became her, er, our choice. Came home to chaos, and have been listening to cutting/nailing for the past 2 1/2 hours. So good to know it's for the better!! And yes, I will do my best to post pics as the work progresses.

Now, about my trip to Phoenix/Ventura this week.........

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dishwasher installed and so much yard work done. Bunch of branches on the Douglas Fir cut, mowing, weed stuff, etc. Sore as all hell and I haven't even slept yet.

Just put 2+2 together and realized that I need to disconnect the kitchen tomorrow for the countertop install on Wed. But I have meetings straight through from 815am until I get Haley at 4 and we go to League night. From which I will not get home until after 830pm, if not later. Stove needs to get disconnected and placed elsewhere tonight. Dishwasher and plumbing will get done tomorrow morning once tonight's dishes cycle through.

Tomorrow's gonna be rough. And I didn't even get the bikes that need to be worked on, worked on... This week is gonna blow.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Was jumping around garden centers looking for jalapeño plants, to replace the two that some obnoxious animal went to town on.

No luck, but did score 4 San Marzano tomato plants for a dollar.

Also found some live catnip. Orange cats pupils are fully dilated, shit. :rofl:
I work with idiots. Just had an employee fill one of our rigs with 30 gallons of diesel. It's a gas engine and it is clearly labeled as such at the fuel door. Kill me nowView attachment 177112
But how?

Diesel pump handles shouldn't fit inside gasoline engine fuel necks...

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Bit off more than I could chew. 2 rides in one day. All of Tryon and then all of Westbay. Have to work all day tomorrow. I hope I am up for it. Our riding conditions are awesome. I may need another day.