Quantcast

***Mondaze GMT***

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
i always think about a spring trip...

View attachment 177102
So,b talked to a veteran F.S. biologist today. He said that our annual conditions mirror those of 1988, (the worst fire season here in recorded history). Very, very wet spring, but with water reserves at 44% below normal. When all of the understory growth dries in July and august, it will act like fire starter to the stressed out trees. Gonna be a smoky mess, if not worse.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
So,b talked to a veteran F.S. biologist today. He said that our annual conditions mirror those of 1988, (the worst fire season here in recorded history). Very, very wet spring, but with water reserves at 44% below normal. When all of the understory growth dries in July and august, it will act like fire starter to the stressed out trees. Gonna be a smoky mess, if not worse.
t remember watching that shit on the news as a teenager....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
t remember watching that shit on the news as a teenager....
IIRC my dad was up there for almost 4 months.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I hear you re: wet spring dry summer = tinder BUT snowtel data suggests we're close to average moisture so a bit surprised to hear "water reserves" are 44% below normal...

Idahoozle Shitbox 93% / Gallatin 159%

1654008862871.png

1654008885823.png

1654008921206.png

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Rode for the first time in a couple weeks yesterday, FML, haven't walked up the fireroad back out of the canyon in a while, did yesterday. Whole life hurts today, gotta call my financial planner, if I have to feel this old I better be retiring soon.

Hot as shit today, and dry, I'd bet $8 something is going to catch on fire around here this week.