Quantcast

***moanderp GMT***

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Srsly. Sounds like @jimmydean has some quality leverage at this point... time to push the lever!!
My badge is the wrong color and my contract employer still can't see to grasp the concept that 40 hours worked = 40 hours paid (last week was a 37 hour check, WTF). So getting a paycheck is nice, a bonus if it's even all there. I got a small bump a while back, but my recruiter left the company so I currently lack a real point of contact.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
My badge is the wrong color and my contract employer still can't see to grasp the concept that 40 hours worked = 40 hours paid (last week was a 37 hour check, WTF). So getting a paycheck is nice, a bonus if it's even all there. I got a small bump a while back, but my recruiter left the company so I currently lack a real point of contact.
FTS. This is when you tell the contract company to fucking step up or you walk. They'll reduce their margin to keep you there, I virtually GUARANTEE it.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Lunchtime decision:

"....Let's go to ____. Haven't been there in awhile." Closed on Monday.

"...OK....how about ______?" Closed on Monday.

".....well, there's always ______. Closed on Monday.

".....Arby's, then?"

"Yep."

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Did a short loop at White Ranch bright and early this morning. Meeting up with the 6thElements for another spin this afternoon.
The rain in Colorado falls mainly on Apex right now, no ride today :(

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
As sent out across the entire office today

"DC Command Staff are pleased to announce the promotion of Dustin Hampton to Corporal effective immediately. Dustin has put a lot of work into developing his skills and taking feed back on his effectiveness over the last few years. Please congratulate him on a job well done."

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It means I am one step out of officer level and now in front line supervision and training to become a sergeant
Can you approve of your own high speed chases? So you tell someone to chase after the perp, instead of chasing them yourself? Do you have unfettered access to the Evidence room?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Managed to barely out run what looks to be a nasty thunderstorm heading towards my house while coming back from the office. Now I get into the Subaru instead and go get the girls.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I think the rule is no oysters in months without an "r" in them.
That said, I'd murder a few dozen oysters any time. LOVE those disgusting things.
If they are not so fresh. You can always fry them up. Not as delicious, but still good. I eat a fuckton of Oysters. I make a top notch Oyster Po-Boy...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think the rule is no oysters in months without an "r" in them.
That said, I'd murder a few dozen oysters any time. LOVE those disgusting things.
The last time I was in Maine with extended family we rented a house in bar harbor for a week. The one day I got 5 doz oysters and we just sat outside at the picnic table shucking and drinking.

IMG_20190603_194900.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
@SkaredShtles Deer Creek gets muddy after rains, right? So since it rained today I’m probably better with another Mountain Lion loop, perhaps?

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Bike shops that fail to use torque wrenches are lame, those that also add extra bb spacers go immediately to the kill list.

Good thing work has an abundance of torque wrenches to borrow from. Cinch ring @40Nm and crank bolt @50Nm makes me wonder how many actually get tightened to spec.

IMG_20190603_193650.jpg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
As sent out across the entire office today

"DC Command Staff are pleased to announce the promotion of Dustin Hampton to Corporal effective immediately. Dustin has put a lot of work into developing his skills and taking feed back on his effectiveness over the last few years. Please congratulate him on a job well done."
so now your title should be "Corporal Punishment"

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
no ride today but I did manage to score an after work eye doc appt. I knew the old script was off but not by this much. ordering new lenses tomorrow.

prescription changes.jpg

one good thing is that after my last crash I was seeing flashing out of my right eye if I turned my head fast. First thing he asked after I told him that was "did you have a concussion"? yes. Post concussion syndrome for over a month. He then checked my eyes for any detachment or other damage. clean bill of health there

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Eff, shitty end of day. Bruins play like zombies, Amazon sent me "like new" counterfeit notebook memory, their online support is telling me " I really don't want to see you in more trouble" as if I was a thief or something. FTS. :mad:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@SkaredShtles Deer Creek gets muddy after rains, right? So since it rained today I’m probably better with another Mountain Lion loop, perhaps?
Dog walk showed that Enchanted was a little greasy in some stretches, some warmth and drying time tomorrow and it will be completely fine by afternoon. Apex was better, just the very top section was soft in spots.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
And the wall is terrifying when any level of wet.
nick took me to the wall. i liked the wall so much i rode it twice.

porch 90% rescreened and painted. need to figure out balusters...old wood ones were 32" in between top and bottom supports...newer screw on metal ones are mostly 32" end to end, so might need to paint and install a mounting strip on top of lower support unless i can find 36" balusters somewhere...

in the meantime, beer, and trying to figure out how to squeeze in a ride sometime this week

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Six hours with 25 pounds on some of the most rugged terrain on the East Coast cooked my legs. The Grandfather trail ain't no joke and with a full pack it was pretty intimidating in spots. Exposed rock scrambles, high winds and silly steep chutes and ladders. Next time I hope to have fresh shoes as the tread on mine are quite worn and a hiking partner. I have to admit that I was a bit nervous in a couple sections.

Had a great pulled pork bbq sammich in Linville and found out, as I was leaving they have Mexican Coke. Hell yeah. Even more motivated to go back.