Quantcast

***Moanderp GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
woke up early at 4:30 which kinda sorta sucks. Wee bit stiff from Kayaking and riding this weekend. I can use a nice easy day piloting the short bus to recover. However, I have this feeling that weight training is going to royally kick my butt tonight.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Blargh. Got a minor case of food poisoning from Red Robin this weekend. Spent yesterday alternating between gagging and wanting to throw up from sulfur burps and feeling like I was going to shit my pants. Still feel off today. Fun times.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Mornin. It's been a decent morning so far. Kids weren't in full-on battle mode this morning after March break, and were ready and out the door with minimal fuss. I ran into the office, and did not tear or tweak a muscle in my calf so that's progress.

No pain from vasectomy either, unlike Saturday when I went for a fatbike ride in glorious sunny slushy conditions. Nards were a little tender that afternoon, but bounced back nicely on Sunday (ha! see what I did there!?) Fatbiking on snow is nowhere near as fun as proper riding on dirt, but it's close enough that I'm happy I made the decision. It also gives me more options in the shoulder season as skiing has sucked for the past couple of weeks, and will continue its rapid decline, but proper biking on dirt will not be ready for another month at least. Thursday might be my "coming-out" event to my buddies, as we're going to ride one of our favorite trails. No one knows I've acquired one (all my rides this year have been solo - to hide my shame...), and I've kept up the anti-fatbike trolling throughout this winter. I'm looking forward to their reactions...

In other news, I was winning at eating yesterday. Bacon and eggs for breakfast, and wife made ribs for dinner. twas a good day.

have a good week everybody

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my global director is in town this week. i rolled in late. my boss said something about both to me. i said "great i hope he's here to fire me." boss did not appreciate that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This thread is a winner.

Spring break is over here, so all the moron soccer parents are back on the road.

Mysterious noise from the front end of my car is back. This is getting frustrating.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Short week here but doesn't mean it will be any less busy, just fewer hours to complete all tasks at the job. Syd had her last home gymnastics meet and didn't do as well as she had hoped.....she just seemed off all night and was upset that she didn't finish well. Our response was "C'est la Vie" and she didn't appreciate that either. Oh well. I need to ride my bike....I am going stir crazy at the gym and I am not really getting a decent workout in. Off to find more coffee to make my day brighter.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. It's oddly not sunny today in Denver. Clouds + time zone change == 80% awakeness level.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Rehab this morning went awesome, I feel better today than I have all year so hopefully 6 weeks is the turning point for me. I'm even going to go into work today and participate in a conference call...

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Rehab this morning went awesome, I feel better today than I have year so hopefully 6 weeks is the turning point for me. I'm even going to go into work today and participate in a conference call...
awesome man. you are a champ (we knew this already).

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hi.
got in 6 days on the hill last week. seriously toast. tried out for the ski patrol at Eldora yesterday. Skiing steep, frozen moguled trees with no poles was fkn hard. i need a massage.
Looking for a place to rent in Ned. The goat farm is cool and all but really want more privacy (shared kitchen & living room with the owners...great people but not sure they want to hear loud, booty-smacking sex all the time).

Going to ski loveland pass this wednesday night with a new bud....if the weather is clear.

cheers yall.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Howdy folks. Been busy doing a lot of nothing. Stomach bug kept me down for the past few days. Shitty way to start my first week of underemployment, literally. Finally have an official start date for the new gig, may 20th. Going to have even longer to fuck off.

A big pine tree started leaning really bad in the back yard. It is tangled up in several other trees. If it just gets chopped down in will damage the other ones pretty good. Got quoted $1400 by a friend who does excellent tree work, cranes will be required to do it properly. Went kicking around for survey marks and discovered that said tree is actually on the neighbors property. Not my responsibility but now have to deal with getting the neighbor to pay for it.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Howdy folks. Been busy doing a lot of nothing. Stomach bug kept me down for the past few days. Shitty way to start my first week of underemployment, literally. Finally have an official start date for the new gig, may 20th. Going to have even longer to fuck off.

A big pine tree started leaning really bad in the back yard. It is tangled up in several other trees. If it just gets chopped down in will damage the other ones pretty good. Got quoted $1400 by a friend who does excellent tree work, cranes will be required to do it properly. Went kicking around for survey marks and discovered that said tree is actually on the neighbors property. Not my responsibility but now have to deal with getting the neighbor to pay for it.
Did you get a relo package? I was moved twice by Chartus, they won't touch property with any inkling of liability, my moves were only,2 states away, I'd hate to move across the entire county and still have a home on the market.

If you get to Washington early I have 2 used bikes I need you to check out for me, one is in Bellingham and the other Friday Harbor...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did you get a relo package? I was moved twice by Chartus, they won't touch property with any inkling of liability, my moves were only,2 states away, I'd hate to move across the entire county and still have a home on the market.

If you get to Washington early I have 2 used bikes I need you to check out for me, one is in Bellingham and the other Friday Harbor...
Yep, full relo package. Will be travelling with dog and bike. Would actually like to stop and ride when I travel cross country if I can figure out what to do with my idiot dog.

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
monday... got a short week(works been dull so here i am participating) only 4 real days then a training on friday. Gym post work. maybe spin down dirt road on hardtail after that. remainder of weeks BS includes grocery store. changing oil air filters on mx get ready for weekend and figure out if I will be able to ride xc post or pre easter dinner
should prob chekc on vehicular registration as well as summer tires but that takes up shed time

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I love USAC!!

Security Breach Notification:

USAC membership data accessed

We learned two days ago of a data security incident within USA Cycling’s IT systems that could include some of your personal information associated with online accounts, including your name, mailing address, email address, date of birth, emergency contact, and your USA Cycling password. It does NOT include any drivers’ license or state ID numbers, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, Social Security numbers, or medical or health insurance information, as we do not store such information.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Idiot dog can nap on my porch while we ride bikes. Win/win.
Idiot dog will not nap if I am not in sight, he will yip and cry like the world is coming to an end. He is doing better when I leave him at home, but still freaks out if I leave him with friends.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
///Truck working?
yeah but I had to think about it for a while before it dawned on me what it might be: there is an emergency fuel shut off valve/sensor behind the passenger kick plate in the cab of Ford diesels. I had bumped the front wheels over the curb backing into the driveway at a steep angle and it must have tripped it. Reached in at punched the reset button and it fired right up.