Quantcast

Midweek Thread

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Managed to stay up until tomorrow now that we have a functioning TV again. So here we are. Painted the ceiling in the basement guest bedroom/my office yesterday, hoping to get two coats on the walls today. It's out of order, but I'd like to have an office vs a deal in the basement open area where we normally let the girls run wild. Got the Yeti sold and shipped yesterday as well. So that pays for most of my new table saw.
Edit: looking into that radial arm saw I might be acquiring Saturday am and it can do rip cuts up to 24" wide. I might not be getting a sawstop table if this thing works. But I will need to mind my shit to make sure that I keep my fingers.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Oof, I must say that the continued isolation and social distancing measures are weighing on my mental health this week.

Otherwise, wife's bday today, so I must play good hubby and bake her a cake amongst other things.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Sitting here with my much needed five shot Americano after swimming this morning. I need to find some food now, but I found it pertinent to check in with you guys first.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Shoulder is feeling miraculously better this morning. No lingering pain and went from 5-50% range of motion seemingly overnight. Hopefully this supports my hopes that there is little to no structural damage and I just suffered a lot of strained/torn muscles which should heal relatively quickly. Won't be riding anything real for a while but this should mean I can do some longer backcountry hikes, for which I am overdue this season.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The weather is heating up finally but still sticking inside. Have a few short list items to do before next weekend's adventures and still need to get my car listed. I know I am starting to sound like @stoney with the ///M :rofl:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Doggo still has a cough and heavy breathing, got xrays and they sent them to another vet for a second opinion, looks like lung cancer, too far advanced and she’s too old to do much of anything about it. Pretty shit bit of news, but at least she seems happy, going to just keep her well fed and pet and hope she keeps on keeping on for as long as possible.

This year is kicking my ass, about ready for something positive to happen:(

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Doggo still has a cough and heavy breathing, got xrays and they sent them to another vet for a second opinion, looks like lung cancer, too far advanced and she’s too old to do much of anything about it. Pretty shit bit of news, but at least she seems happy, going to just keep her well fed and pet and hope she keeps on keeping on for as long as possible.

This year is kicking my ass, about ready for something positive to happen:(
Sorry to hear about your pup.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Managed to stay up until tomorrow now that we have a functioning TV again. So here we are. Painted the ceiling in the basement guest bedroom/my office yesterday, hoping to get two coats on the walls today. It's out of order, but I'd like to have an office vs a deal in the basement open area where we normally let the girls run wild. Got the Yeti sold and shipped yesterday as well. So that pays for most of my new table saw.
Edit: looking into that radial arm saw I might be acquiring Saturday am and it can do rip cuts up to 24" wide. I might not be getting a sawstop table if this thing works. But I will need to mind my shit to make sure that I keep my fingers.
Have you by any chance considered a track saw ? I have a Festool ts55 that can rip and cross cut with glue ready cuts. Spendy, but a great alternative to a table saw and radial arm saw. Takes up way less space too. There are some interesting videos on YouTube, check it out.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Have you by any chance considered a track saw ? I have a Festool ts55 that can rip and cross cut with glue ready cuts. Spendy, but a great alternative to a table saw and radial arm saw. Takes up way less space too. There are some interesting videos on YouTube, check it out.
I was going to suggest the same. Ive got the Makita version and have been quite pleased. I've primarily used it for breaking down sheet goods, but have ripped 2x4s to size with it as well. Very impressed, wish I had bought one sooner instead of messing with a circular saw and straight edges.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. “Bike” dropped off at Golden Bike Shop for a new frame. Kids watching Harry Potter 4 in basement, and I shall join them after I finish my coffee. (And it’s really just coffee, milk, and cream! A true coffee!)

I enjoy these days of not working. I should do this more.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's been threatened before. There might have been "drunken adventures" at some point.
I know a hoodie was involved at one point.

In other news, it sounds like work is almost done inventing my job. I just REALLY hope the base the offer on my billed rate and not Glassdoor or some other website. But I could see an offer before the end of month.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Day 3 of joblessness feels like day 300. About 1/2 dozen applications sent so far, no response yet. I hope August gets a little busier - oh wait. Also, the plan is to cut alcool intake to only social interactions with friends, I'll see how long that lasts.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Day 3 of joblessness feels like day 300. About 1/2 dozen applications sent so far, no response yet. I hope August gets a little busier - oh wait. Also, the plan is to cut alcool intake to only social interactions with friends, I'll see how long that lasts.
Take a week and relax a bit?

Calm blue ocean....calm blue ocean...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Chased out of the mountains by a midday t-storm. I guess we should have started riding earlier than 9:20 this morning...

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Hello all. “Bike” dropped off at Golden Bike Shop for a new frame. Kids watching Harry Potter 4 in basement, and I shall join them after I finish my coffee. (And it’s really just coffee, milk, and cream! A true coffee!)

I enjoy these days of not working. I should do this more.
Which bike? Your moped?