Quantcast

&%@ Middle@%&

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Back from a little bike trip down New-York state. Cut a bit short by crappy weather.

Got some good news from Transition. Able to get a carbon scout frame at a really good price. So parts shopping has begun.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Yesterday I did something I haven't done in a long time, if ever.

I bought brand new pedals.

For years and years I had a fleet of M636 pedals that I was limping along, until @Serial Midget gifted me a set of XT trail pedals back in 2016. Those have been on the trail bike since then, and they're freaking CLAPPED out, really bad. The bearings are shot, the whole pedal body just wobbles around on the spindle like a drunk epileptic nun. So I did, bought brand new pedals. I seriously can't remember the last time that happened... I'd honestly suspect it was the 90s.

Now I need to replace my clapped out shoes.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Wife has been sick all week, 2 at home COVID tests say false, but she's going to urgent care today to see what's up. I'm just tired of dealing with her ass. :rofl:

No meetings today, so that's good. Also my Slayer trucks show up today, so suck on that.

65186_1800x.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Just impatiently waiting for my new bike. Have to list my hardtail and then start working on getting the Nukeproof ready for listing.

Couple board meetings today. Meh.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Canceled my lactate test as woke up feeling unwell. Haven’t puked yet but am a bit nauseated. I think I have whatever kid 3 had two or three days ago.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So far they are saying partly cloudy this weekend. It's only Wednesday so much can change between now and then.

Screenshot_20220420-081039.png

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
whoah, that's a big ol' drive to get down there... were you also heading to NYC?

I guess I'm just wondering if the riding is worth a 6.5 hour drive...
riding in t-shirt when no riding is going to happen around here for a month is always worth 6 hours drive. ;)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holy frig, feels like Monday. Sat down at my desk with a coffee this morning, opened the laptop and noticed that I had a meeting at a different location. Derp. Rushed out and of course there was an accident on the way.

Finally back at my desk and can resume drinking this coffee.

Ride night tonight. Will be extra slow...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Do yourself a favor now and get a real carpet cutter,

Also cut your carpet into smaller chunks to prevent baseboard/paint damage, thank me later.
Baseboards are long gone too; all new baseboards will be laid throughout the house. In fact, a good 50% of the trimwork will be redone, both to get rid of the nasty smells, but also cause it's poorly done. We stopped shy of replacing any drywall or subfloors, opting to hit all of that with odor blocking primer. All that seems to have knocked out any lingering stench, thank the FSM.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Bacon wrapped meatballs in cannabis infused mushroom sauce over cannabis infused egg noodles. Sounded good. It was not. I could only eat 2. Just because you can infuse something. Does not mean you should. Cannabis infused generally means. Taste like ass. Tumeric is the new Paprika. I cannot wait until things go full circle and we can eat Curry again.