Quantcast

Massanutten Reg open...Who's goin?

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Team Fat Kids will be present and representin'. Hopefully it wont be as rainy as it was last year.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Will be there.

Has anyone ever camped on site before, fire ok? Looks like all of the hotels are sold out due to JMU graduation according to the website.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Will be there.

Has anyone ever camped on site before, fire ok? Looks like all of the hotels are sold out due to JMU graduation according to the website.
I dont think fires are permitted on the slope.

From what I hear hotels are pretty much booked in the area. One guy was told they will only accept gold card members for reservations at Mass.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
We will be heading down, we camped on the bottom of the slope last year and it was great. No fires though.

Anyone know if it is going to be the same course as last year?

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
I'll be there again. That's a good early season race (fun course, not much tech), and it's about the most well-run race I've ever been to. With great deals on on-site hotel rooms and cheap flights from the northeast, it's pretty tough to pass up!

John

VADHPROMO

Monkey
Dec 1, 2004
A, A
Sorry about the Graduation conflict, but I requested to post and give everyone a heads up about the lodging.

WE are tryin to block as many rooms as we can and pass a reduced rate on to the racers.

NO PROMISES, but Kenny (MOUNTAINBIKE DIRECTOR) is trying to hook the riders up.

Posted on March 13, 2009 02:37 PM Hey everyone I asked John to post the info. We are trying to block rooms for the Downhill racers with a special rate No Promises, but The mountain bike director is trying to help you guys with hotel rooms at a great rate. My suggestion is rent a condo with a bunch of buddies 540-289-4952 I would like to pass on House rental info. Massanutten Realty Contact Chris Whitelock (540)-820-4492 or Cindy (540)-289-6335 EXT 26
( delete comment )

Last edited:

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Thanks, George.

Any idea when Kenny'll know? I'd like to book my flight relatively soon while I can still afford it, and if there are no rooms within 20+ miles, that may be a deal breaker for the trip. :(

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Does anybody know if Expert (and above) requires a full on annual USAC license, or can you just use the "day license" option?

I went through the registration process, and it *appears* that you do not need the annual license (or it's included in the race fee).

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
If it is a USAC sanctioned event they should be using the Pro/Cat1/Cat2/Cat3 designations. I'm not sure where the cutoff for 1-day licenses is now. Should be available for Cat2/Cat3 only if they use the old rules.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
If I have to book at hotel some 20 miles away, I am not making the cross country pilgrimage like I did last year.

Then again, I am getting divorced and I am broke as a joke. Who am I kidding, I can't make it.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
bummer about the lodging but i should still be there rocking the bottlerocket . i might even bring noah this time although i doubt he'll race. that mtn is a tad rough for a 20" hardtail ;)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
does anyone have the official word on the day licenses? i was reading on trianglemtb that even cat 2 had to have the full $60 license?

if that's the case...eff that! USAC blows big monkey balls as it is and i don't race enough "REAL" events to warrant shelling out that kind of $$ for a weekend warrior like myself.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
does anyone have the official word on the day licenses? i was reading on trianglemtb that even cat 2 had to have the full $60 license?

if that's the case...eff that! USAC blows big monkey balls as it is and i don't race enough "REAL" events to warrant shelling out that kind of $$ for a weekend warrior like myself.
Cat2 (sport) has been able to use one day licenses and at sea otter they're allowed this year so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to for Massanutten but you could always email / contact usacycling for an official answer.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Tangent to that, any idea if open for us Cat whatever/former experts to race on a one day license will be offered again?

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
FYI, I just booked a hotel room at the resort and got a great price, so rooms ARE available.

Looking forward to it!
--JP