Quantcast

Mason doing Timed DH runs at the house

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I can't believe you'd let your kid race in non matching pajama style race kit...how's he going to learn if you don't teach him these things from a young age?

on a serious note it's cool your kid is enjoying his bike when so young. I was still dealing with training wheels when I was a lot older than he is

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
My 5 year old girl just took off on pedals, no training wheels this weekend. When she went to the park, you'd have thought she was a bear on a motorcycle, parents were so in awe.

Just try telling some preppy scum to pull the pedals off his 8 years bike and drop the seat...then send them down a hill and they'll learn. You'd thought I had trounced into his delivery room and cut the cord with muddy hands. :rofl:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Did you say "look at the time"?
I do, and my daughter thinks I am nuts, surprise.

My daughter is 5, she is starting to go on actual MTB trail rides with mom now, which is about the coolest thing I ever saw. But her bike...I need to trick it out or find something. Its a girls hardrock, 6 speed, not a boat anchor, but its heavy. She wants to take one of the kids MTB camps in whistler this summer so I have to figure something out, but options are slim for trick kids bikes.

I nearly had steber close to makin a one off VPP kids bike, but hes been slammed.

Thanks for posting Cecil, thats cool stuff, I will show my daughter tonight, she will be pumped.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
My daughter is 5, she is starting to go on actual MTB trail rides with mom now, which is about the coolest thing I ever saw. But her bike...I need to trick it out or find something. Its a girls hardrock, 6 speed, not a boat anchor, but its heavy. She wants to take one of the kids MTB camps in whistler this summer so I have to figure something out, but options are slim for trick kids bikes.

I nearly had steber close to makin a one off VPP kids bike, but hes been slammed.
Stik, good to hear your daughter is riding with her mom. Lea has a lot to offer to your daughter as a couch and mother.

I am with you on the lack of descent MTB bikes for young riders. I want to get my son a small full suspension bike to ride on the trails with me. Maybe a 1 or 3 speed setup. Mason has had his first trail ride with me and was getting bumped around everywhere on the 12"er. I know if Steber does something it would not be cheep, but would be cool for our little people!!!

Cecil

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Yesterday, my son Mason 4, wanted to do timed DH runs down the hill in front of the house on his bike. I thought it was so cool. 15secs was his fastest run.

Enjoy:
Mason at 4 doing Timed DH runs at the house | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Cecil:thumb:
Wow Cecil... that is so friggin awesome. I've got a 9mo old and I can't wait till he can get on some sort of 2-wheeler. I already bought him a skoot-bike but it will be a while till he is tall enough. Shoot, he only learned to stand/pull himself up about a month ago.

So what was the progression for you? Did he have any little play-school ride-on trucks or anything? Skoot-bikes (pedal-less bikes)? Did you have a child-seat on your bike or a trailer to tow him around on?

Here's my guy from a few months back. He is a bit bigger now:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
-BB-
Mason had a Skoot Bike at the age 2. Here he is at 2 1/2. The big problem was getting him to learn to pedal. Had to use training wheels for 3 months. He kept asking to go back to the Skate Park and I told him he had to learn to ride without his training wheels first. He said take them off and 2 weeks later he was riding again.

http://youtu.be/mtmSk4b3BrA

http://youtu.be/nSQdLQaA8SM

HPIM0724 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1174/4593577207_6a0251a647_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@4593577207@@AMEPARAM@@6a0251a647

So proud of him!!!

Cecil