Quantcast
Just stuck it together. No ride report yet of course...

Rolled all the parts from my 951:

2011 Intense M9, large.
Cane Creek Double Barrel. (Ti spring)
2010 Marzocchi 888 EVO Ti.
Mavic 823's on Hadley hubs. Continental Der Kaiser tires.
Saint Brakeset.
Saint cranks (165mm) with E13 LG1+ (37t ring)
X0 gold short cage with X9 shifter.
Twenty6 Prerunners, Ti axels.
Dura Ace cassette.
SDG Formula FX I-beam seat and micro adjust post.
Race Face Atlas bars. (Mix-A-Lot gold)
that ride is the shiznit!!!

Last edited:

nyy147

Chimp
Sep 23, 2008
Mavic 823's laced to hadley hubs. Standard 2 ply minions ran tubeless. I've never flatted with this setup in the rocky north east over the 6 seasons I've ran this set up.
Awesome. I am running a really similar build...same color large...same wheelset but with pro 2s. Also descendant cranks with a straitline guide, and a 40. Other than that almost the same. I ride Northeast too maybe Ill see ya up at highland...im sure we will be the only two apple green m9's.

bullit398

Chimp
Oct 21, 2007
Neptune, NJ
Awesome. I am running a really similar build...same color large...same wheelset but with pro 2s. Also descendant cranks with a straitline guide, and a 40. Other than that almost the same. I ride Northeast too maybe Ill see ya up at highland...im sure we will be the only two apple green m9's.
I looked at the pics of yours more than once while waiting for mine. I don't think I saw any with the fork though. I ride mostly diablo but do get up to highland a few times a season. I'm sure we will cross paths at some point. :thumb:

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I will be there on my Chrome purple large M9 also.

nyy147

Chimp
Sep 23, 2008
I looked at the pics of yours more than once while waiting for mine. I don't think I saw any with the fork though. I ride mostly diablo but do get up to highland a few times a season. I'm sure we will cross paths at some point. :thumb:

Yeah fork is due in about 2 weeks...been a long wait! And siko...I will be up at highland every weekend I am not travelling. Cannot wait for the season

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Most of my riding will be at diablo but I will go to highland for atleast 2 weekends. Plus I can't forget about pkill.
Hit killington atleast once also

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Mavic 823's laced to hadley hubs. Standard 2 ply minions ran tubeless. I've never flatted with this setup in the rocky north east over the 6 seasons I've ran this set up.
How much do you weigh if I might ask? Ill be running same wheels and tires this year - tubes/tubeless still in the think-mill.

Im 6'7" - 245ish without the gear. Id love to run tubeless, but I keep getting warned off.

bullit398

Chimp
Oct 21, 2007
Neptune, NJ
How much do you weigh if I might ask? Ill be running same wheels and tires this year - tubes/tubeless still in the think-mill.

Im 6'7" - 245ish without the gear. Id love to run tubeless, but I keep getting warned off.
Im 6'3 -210ish. I run close to 40 in the back and low 30's in the front.

nyy147

Chimp
Sep 23, 2008
Most of my riding will be at diablo but I will go to highland for atleast 2 weekends. Plus I can't forget about pkill.
Hit killington atleast once also
I will probably hit up diablo a few times...as well as a race or 2...maybe a few more. Definitely would like to hit up pkill

motogreg

Chimp
Jan 24, 2011
Super pumped to get this thing dirty! Just took it out of the packaging a few mins ago in my office. Build quality looks amazing. Thumbs up Intense.

motogreg

Chimp
Jan 24, 2011

Took my first ride on the M-9 last night after work! Thanks to daylight savings, sneaking in extra runs during the work week is getting a little easier in Southern Oregon. Big thanks should go out to my girlfriend who was “caring enough” to shuttle me twice last night!
Wow…. This thing eats up the small chunder and breaking bumps for lunch! I was impressed by how smoothly the bike drives right through nasty sections of the trail. Many have said that the bike allows you to ride faster than you have before and I agree. It feels like the trails you regularly ride just got smoother and less technical.
The cornering is surprisingly good… the bike feels planted yet nimble at the same time. The biggest + I can say about this bike is the confidence inspiring feel and control. The cockpit feels great with my 6.1” frame and I dig the intense saddle that came on my bike. (although very little time is spent on it) ;)
I’m usually proponent of “Just ride harder, don’t by expensive ****!” in this case… the M-9 truly is a weapon that will allow you to get even more out of your dh rides.
Intense – You guys get a big thumbs up from me. Nice job. I know it took many hours of R&D to put this baby into production and I appreciate the time put in.

Last edited:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca

Took my first ride on the M-9 last night after work! Thanks to daylight savings, sneaking in extra runs during the work week is getting a little easier in Southern Oregon. Big thanks should go out to my girlfriend who was “caring enough” to shuttle me twice last night!
Wow…. This thing eats up the small chunder and breaking bumps for lunch! I was impressed by how smoothly the bike drives right through nasty sections of the trail. Many have said that the bike allows you to ride faster than you have before and I agree. It feels like the trails you regularly ride just got smoother and less technical.
The cornering is surprisingly good… the bike feels planted yet nimble at the same time. The biggest + I can say about this bike is the confidence inspiring feel and control. The cockpit feels great with my 6.1” frame and I dig the intense saddle that came on my bike. (although very little time is spent on it) ;)
I’m usually proponent of “Just ride harder, don’t by expensive ****!” in this case… the M-9 truly is a weapon that will allow you to get even more out of your dh rides.
Intense – You guys get a big thumbs up from me. Nice job. I know it took many hours of R&D to put this baby into production and I appreciate the time put in.
Reviews like this make me genuinely happy, thanks for sharing and more importantly, thanks for your purchase, I know there is a sh1tton of options out there these days, but I do like to think we really hit perfection with this bike.
Have fun and thanks to your wife! haha

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Stupid spring break. I could've been breaking mine in with ya if I didn't have to work swing. (Haven't even tested it yet...)

a-rod

Chimp
Sep 28, 2010
Lancaster, CA
9.5" travel setting, middle Progression, 450lb spring, 2 turns preload, .75 turn in on HSC, 10 clicks in on LSC, 4 turns in on HSR, and 13 clicks in on LSR. I'm 6' and weigh 190lbs w/o gear. The 400lb spring was too soft, I would like a 425lb Ti spring or in the light weight steel from K9, but.... $$$$$

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
185-190lbs
9.0" setting, middle progression.
#400 spring
3 turns preload
HSC opened
LSC 7 in
HSR 2 in
LSR 12 in

Feels great on the bigger hits but still harsh on chunder. Dial, dial, dial.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
I'm interested to meet new people.
I'm married with a child and aged 37 spunky young.
185 lbs when you look me straight in the eyes.
9.5" setting. Middle Progression. Middle G3 hole, 0 angleset cup
450# steel spring
no preload I can quantify as a turn
HSC -none or 1/2 turn at best
LSC -barely like 2 or 3 turns (this was key to me in ridding off the chunder harshness which saved the shock from being repalced..for now)
HSR 5 turns
LSR 12-13 turns (will check)
CCDB Shock comes equipped with an annoying derlin plastic spring rub noise feature
Gold chain, very important
I think I finally have it dialed and now working on getting the fork to mate the sweetness of the bike package (cart before the horse)
I'm like asian, if that makes a difference to you, Randy.

I know you didn't ask but here's an e-portrait anyways.

(omfg, my $30 Wal Mart boom box needs to be upgraded)

9nine9

Chimp
Apr 23, 2007
just trying to get a gauge before i make multiple pieces, but who would be interested in a CF rear fender?
I would be. I think it might need something over the top opening as well.
I would also be interested in downtube protection if you're able to make something.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
185 lbs when you look me straight in the eyes.
Christ man. Aren't you like 5'5" or something? Lay off the balut and crispy pata.

I've read that some are taking off that plastic piece to avoid squeek. I personally haven't done so because I'd rather the plastic be ripped to shreds rather than the shock body.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I would be. I think it might need something over the top opening as well.
I would also be interested in downtube protection if you're able to make something.
trying to figure out a clean mount for the upper opening or just making it one big piece.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
long over due

medium frame
kashima 40
cc angleset
823's on hadleys
minions
saint cranks/bb
saint shifter
saint derailleur
saint brakes
xt rotors
ultegra 11-23 casette
dura-ace 9 speed chain ( not installed )
point 1 podium pedals
straitline silent guide
odi ex 750 flight control bar+biggest wingtips
odi flight control DM stem
odi intense lock ons
thomson masterpiece post
wtb silverado vouilloz edition

weight dont care,but its real light

few ajustments needed,like seat and chain/line dont hate.

Initial thaughts,seeing I havn't really ridden it judging my conditions.Im very happy the ccdb comes optional and that I took it.The medium is spot on to,I was worried about not going for a large,this medium is nice and spacious.

Cannot wait to see how it does at bromont.

Last edited:

DHDreams

Chimp
May 11, 2008
trying to figure out a clean mount for the upper opening or just making it one big piece.
I'd be very interested in something. I just got my frame and am wanting to get something to protect it and the shock. Also, the downtube, under the shock, looks like it would be a good place for mud to gather. It would be nice to get something that would help prevent that from happening.

motogreg

Chimp
Jan 24, 2011
I'd be very interested in something. I just got my frame and am wanting to get something to protect it and the shock. Also, the downtube, under the shock, looks like it would be a good place for mud to gather. It would be nice to get something that would help prevent that from happening.
The bottom of my downtube is going to be nicknamed "the bucket" pretty soon. It fills up pretty fast with mud and debris after a few wet runs. Going to look into something lite to fill the space with. I'd be down for a fender/mudguard if someone starts making them. I have some sheets of fibon cerber lying around that I'm going to experiment with this week.

DHDreams

Chimp
May 11, 2008
The bottom of my downtube is going to be nicknamed "the bucket" pretty soon. It fills up pretty fast with mud and debris after a few wet runs. Going to look into something lite to fill the space with. I'd be down for a fender/mudguard if someone starts making them. I have some sheets of fibon cerber lying around that I'm going to experiment with this week.
"The Bucket"...Nice!

It might be stupid, but I thought even some simple pieces of cut foam, that would fit into those crevices, would keep the mud out.

motogreg

Chimp
Jan 24, 2011
"The Bucket"...Nice!

It might be stupid, but I thought even some simple pieces of cut foam, that would fit into those crevices, would keep the mud out.
Wow... dont know why I didn't think of that. We use foam in moto all the time. Great idea!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The bottom of my downtube is going to be nicknamed "the bucket" pretty soon. It fills up pretty fast with mud and debris after a few wet runs. Going to look into something lite to fill the space with.
moto foam would fill the gap pretty well.
the fender is coming along. just need some hardening model clay to start the mold.