Quantcast

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Thanks. I really love the color. Pkill and Diablo cant open up soon enough.
Its a really nice frame. Really solid.
Now I have to figure out those washers on the dropouts and the angleset

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
With the angleset teh cups are 0 .5 and 1. There is no 1.5. Right?
The bottom cup is the one without the center cut marker?

Intenseman

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
France
With the angleset teh cups are 0 .5 and 1. There is no 1.5. Right?
Yes...I have receive this answer from Stikman :

We decided at the last minute to go with the 0-0.5-1.0 option, not the 1.5 option.

I will fix the website. Of all our testers, NO one was using the 1.5 option, so we changed. You can order that cup from a dealer though.

Sorry for the mixup Eric and enjoy your bike.

Thanks!

Craig "Stikman" Glaspell
Marketing Director
Intense Cycles USA
42380 Rio Nedo
Temecula, CA 92590

www.intensecycles.com
twitter.com/intensecycles

Eric - Tentense

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I'd say they made the right choice. That seems like the perfect set to come with a high end frame. Let's be honest, no high end manufacturer who knows what they are doing is going to have a janky frame that is out by 1.5 degrees from the norm.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
^

The 0° cup is not the 'same' as the bottom in regards to 'height', but obviously both are 0°. I think height of the bottom cup is like 5/8"?? and the top cup is a bit shorter, like 1/2"? Don't have one in front of me.

In a pinch, I used a LOWER cup on top to serve as the 0° degree cup when I couldn't find a proper top cup. I doubt canecreek recommends that, but I live on the edge man.

rider151

Chimp
Sep 11, 2008
San Diego
Not nearly as many ride reports as I thought there would be with as long as the frames been out.....anyone here able to compare it a 951....or even an M6?

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
The silver washer for the rear axle goes on nut or bolt side? Or not needed. Not alot of thread on the bolt with the washer there

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I didn't put mine on. Like you said not much tread with it on.
Thx
And now a few pictures.

Need to order a heavier spring or 2. I dont think the 450 is heavy enough.
Think I will need a 500 or 550 for 230lbs not suited up.

Last edited:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Not nearly as many ride reports as I thought there would be with as long as the frames been out.....anyone here able to compare it a 951....or even an M6?
Since the internet has become generally a cesspool of bad vibes, in regards to reviews, I think most people are just riding and enjoying the M9...ala not posting on the web. I know how many we have sold since it launched only 3 months ago (in the winter when chairlifts are now filled with skis, not bikes!) and it is a real healthy number of quality frames shipped.

I get a lot of emails from customers really pleased with the bike, and our dealers are very stoked, I'd say over 75% of the people I talk to, have never even heard of ridemonkey...which is odd to me, its the only forum I am active on. I don't know if I made a point, but I tried.

luiz carlos

Monkey
Apr 15, 2002
Brazil-Rio de Janeiro
Since the internet has become generally a cesspool of bad vibes, in regards to reviews, I think most people are just riding and enjoying the M9...ala not posting on the web. I know how many we have sold since it launched only 3 months ago (in the winter when chairlifts are now filled with skis, not bikes!) and it is a real healthy number of quality frames shipped.

I get a lot of emails from customers really pleased with the bike, and our dealers are very stoked, I'd say over 75% of the people I talk to, have never even heard of ridemonkey...which is odd to me, its the only forum I am active on. I don't know if I made a point, but I tried.
Will Intense have or not a WC Team for 2011 ?

Who will it be racing for it?

After many years racing for Intense on WC's, Kovarik is out for some training program.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca

After many years racing for Intense on WC's, Kovarik is out for some training program.
Suspension Center team is handling our world cup duties for us, Team Xfusion in usa who will be making an all new team announcement soon (I am VERY excited about this years program), Emmeline, Kovarik, Rankin, Mio, Donovan, etc..not to mention a ton of other people racing our bikes (an enourmess amount of frames for such a small company...I think our commitment to racers and riders is the largest out there for the size we are).

Don't hate the player, hate the game right?

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY

Kovarik Racing 2011
by Claire Buchar

Chris and I have organized our own little program for 2011, both wanting to tone down the traveling a bit for this year. With the love of the sport still flowing through our veins, we will be racing as much as our budget allows while putting more emphasis on coaching, event and media ventures.

Sticking with most of our amazing sponsors...

Intense Cycles, Marzocchi, Unit Clothing, Smith Optics, 5.10, e13, THE, Evolution, Strand Training and also starting new relationships with companies like NukeProof. We are stoked for everything to come in 2011.

It'll be a bit more of a chill year traveling-wise, but still out there and action packed within the industry!

Kovarik Racing is a continuation and evolvement of our riding careers. It is an entity from which we can express and offer all aspects of our trade: racing, coaching, events, media and digging.

Check out our current coaching camps and clinics under Programs and contact us now, spots will be filling up quick!

To see our whole plans for 2011, please visit www.kovarikracing.com.

Last edited:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Couple of you guys asked about the 0° cup and wondering why the top 0° did not look different, I assumed the top cup would be shallower, but I was wrong. This email from CaneCreek;

Craig,

Thanks for the message. I can understand the confusion. The AngleSet is different enough and can be configured in so many ways that such questions are to be expected.

The 0deg is the same for both the top and bottom, so what Intense is getting and what you described (and photo'ed) is exactly right.

Hope things are going well,

Josh Coaplen

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Since the internet has become generally a cesspool of bad vibes, in regards to reviews, I think most people are just riding and enjoying the M9...ala not posting on the web.

So wait...you're telling me you can actually ride this bike...like outside? Not just on the internet? I don't understand. How can you tell how many grams your bike is if its not on the internet?

A bike that rides offline. Now thats innovative.