Quantcast

Lopes55 Van at the L.A. Autoshow in Dodge booth

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
For anyone with a ton of coin ready to drop on a new DH van, the new Lopes55 from sportsmobile will be on display at the L.A. Autoshow in the DODGE booth! (In the main lobby) His personal van will be on display with some bikes and motos in it. This is an ideal van for MTBers. This is not really a promo spam, I just took the pics for the flyer they made so I am a little excited.

Jan 12, 2005
Lancashire (U.K)
Its just a Merc Sprinter right? They do them with a 2.7 turbo diesel engine in them-faster than a transit by miles.

But this is what you really want. 18 years old and still going! carries 5 bikes (ripped the back seats out)

Cost me £300, 3years ago.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
DHS said:
thats a copy of the Transit right?

i want it. give it to me now.
Some how Mercedes have a conflict of interest with this vehicles, so they deside to sell the "Transits" under the Dogde banner actually for a few months they were also "Freighliner"

those vans are amazing, the interior space is exelent and the 5 cilinder diesel is very dependable and also can be run on biodisel with very little modification and/or straigh vegi oil with about a $1000 investment...

if i ever learn how to drive, this is the vehicle i will like to have, specially that red one looks really nice..

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Stik:

Who did the conversion for him? Will it be at the Detroit autoshow? I have to go next week for work and have the pleasure of benchmarking minivan interiors. Yipe.

Any idea on his milage with it weighted down with the bikes?

I have been checking out the Dodge Sprinters for just what Lopes is using if for. My F150 SCrew gets crap mileage while towing my 6x12 enclosed trailer. I will not leave the bike unattended in the back of the truck, so I usually take the trailer even if I only have the bike. The Spinter seems like a good replacement with the 25+mpg. I would need windows on both sides of the 2nd row of seats for passenger's. Lopes probably drives it with only 1 passenger so it's not a big deal.

Jan 12, 2005
Lancashire (U.K)
Do Mercedes not sell vans themselves in the States? The Vito is ideal for sporting use, also the VW T5 range are nice and have a good image in the U.K. with a good tuning scene for them.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
When I was out at Bootleg a guy had a white one of those. He had everything in it and raved about the gas mileage and how it's been nothing but perfect so far. I dunno if he drives to different races around or if he is just a Bootleg local, but it seems like a good mix for the moto/bike crowd. It's like a giant truck length van. I'd always like to keep things covered if possible from theifs or the elements.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Egolf Motors here spotted my online inquiry about the Dodge Sprinter back in the spring and has been hounding me relentlessly ever since to come test drive it....demons I tell you....DEMONS! :devil:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
bizutch said:
Egolf Motors here spotted my online inquiry about the Dodge Sprinter back in the spring and has been hounding me relentlessly ever since to come test drive it....demons I tell you....DEMONS! :devil:
Just stay away from driving around schools trying to pick up young girls with candy, Butch.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Dodge Sprinter, starts at $28,999

And you can get a van or a flatbed on it. Most Van's make nice travel rigs anyways as you can store your stuff in them, lock it up, sleep in it etc....which sorta makes it multi-use. But when you can start fitting dirt bikes etc... in the back of a van then you've got some room!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Brian Peterson said:
Damn... That is the perfect racemobile... I need to win the lottery...

Brian
You won the lottery...industry insider with unlimited perks and photo shoots with big boobed broads....and don't forget the ORV golf cart...
limitless ass kissing from the e-masses....and you want a car? Please!!!:rolleyes:

Sep 10, 2001
bizutch said:
You won the lottery...industry insider with unlimited perks and photo shoots with big boobed broads....and don't forget the ORV golf cart...
limitless ass kissing from the e-masses....and you want a car? Please!!!:rolleyes:
Hmmm...

Unlimited perks = free espresso

Photo Shoots w/ the girls = They don't let me go to those.

ORV golf cart = We had to give that back.

Limitless ass kissing = "Duuuuuude... I read your posts on Ridemonkey all the time... Can you give me free stuff?"

Yeah, I am living the life of a rock star....

Brian

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Brian Peterson said:
Plus, if they did let me go, the wife would make sure she was there too....

Brian
The Marzocchi catfight fork, coming soon to DJs near you.

Ad campaign: brian's wife beatin up some hussies at a photoshoot. Profotos and flash cords everywhere.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
well that is a cool van? i am thinking about getting a sportsmobile for my next car with a trailer

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
stiksandstones said:
For anyone with a ton of coin ready to drop on a new DH van, the new Lopes55 from sportsmobile will be on display at the L.A. Autoshow in the DODGE booth! (In the main lobby) His personal van will be on display with some bikes and motos in it. This is an ideal van for MTBers. This is not really a promo spam, I just took the pics for the flyer they made so I am a little excited.
That looks like the same van I saw him driving when he was leaving Crankworks in August. I was wondering what kind of vehicle it was, that was the first and only time I had seen one.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
keeping_it_real said:
Its just a Merc Sprinter right? They do them with a 2.7 turbo diesel engine in them-faster than a transit by miles.

But this is what you really want. 18 years old and still going! carries 5 bikes (ripped the back seats out)

Cost me £300, 3years ago.

thats impressive