Quantcast

lightest DS ht??

nickmtb

Chimp
Jun 2, 2002
The Ellsworth is actually 4lbs 2ounces a guy I know bought one and weight it before he built it up.

Scurry

Monkey
May 9, 2003
Boston
evils are kinda light
sinister dna's are 5.2
Snipes are 4.3
missiles are just really light
chamelions
there is a few titanium out there
im sure the tazers are light
P.3's are actually really light.

Scurry

Monkey
May 9, 2003
Boston
Forgot an important one, evil sorveign, eben though its not out yet, if i remember correct it was about 4

dv8cam

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by rbx
Are there any frames below 5lbs?
Check out this Canyon Cycles custom - 3.2 lbs, 16 pounds as acomplete 26" singlespeed!

My friend's company. I rode it & and it is like a 24" bmx cruiser - nimble is sh*t!

dv8cam

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by dv8cam
Check out this Canyon Cycles custom - 3.2 lbs, 16 pounds as acomplete 26" singlespeed!

My friend's company. I rode it & and it is like a 24" bmx cruiser - nimble is sh*t!
The top left is a 24" BMX cruiser.

Attachments

Joey

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
West Tennessee
I've got an Independent Fabrications dual slalom frame. I think it's a bit under 4 lbs or there abouts. Pretty rare too.

*SPAM* Anyone wanna buy it?

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
Per the Dirt Rag review on the SC Chameleon from a year or so back, the 19"(large) frame wieghed in at 3.9 lbs. Now they have since added a few new gussets, but I doubt the weight went up that much. No to mention that a smaller frame would probably weigh a bit less.

mtnbikej

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by Metal
Hey, are you also sponsored by those two chick, because I think that would be pretty dope.
Personally, I want to know what the heck kind of mountain bike team gets sponsered by Marlboro (?!?! - do runners ever get sponsered by cig. companies?), Kinkos, Starbucks... Not one single mountain bike related company. Not even a tire manufacturer. :confused:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Giant STP 1 & 2 (model 2 has disc and v mounts so its probably slightly heavier) are around 4 lbs and from the various Al frames I've seen in that weight range, is probably the strongest with the all the forged bits and OS tubing...

The STP frame and geometry were developed to meet the exacting demands of Giant's legendary Trials and dirt jumping rider Jeff Lenosky. The top end STP 1 features an ALUXX SL butted aluminum frame with extruded bottom bracket yoke for maximum strength and the ability to accomodate wide 2.5" rear tire.