Quantcast

Lets see some other hobbies!

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
MDmorgan said:
lunken8r, do you ever run the gap or the dryway? a bunch of my freinds who are ski instructors, guide in the summer and i tend to get free trips. two springs ago we would hike a mtn and ski it in the am, and run the gap at flood stage in the afternoon. one time we dumptrucked in this hole, and i was the only one who stayed in the raft, and i'm a novice paddler. bad ass stuff.
what is this gap and dryway that you speak of?
that pic of us dumping was at haydens landing on the Dead. The water was a nippy 43*. We hit the wave at the bottom and the raft tipped up on the right. Everyone on the left fell over and knocked the people on the right out as they went in with only me, the guide and another dude left in to fish everyone out. When I hauled my wife back into the boat she goes "hot damn that was AWESOME". So I pick my foot up as to kick her over and say "wanna go back in?"
Luckily this rapid was at the end of a long series of waves and after we all dumped, it was a good strech of flat water so we had a chance to fish everyone out.

you live in mass and don't know what the gap is :eek: . first of all its about an hour and fourtyfive minutes from you off of rt.2 on the deerfield. its not like any of the other rivers you speak of, relitivly smaller, but the yakers love it. the guy who owns zoar outdoor( a very good outfit) was a world class paddler, and the olympic time trials are held there on occasion. in the spring its nuts, there are a few huge holes. it is located right under berkshire east, if your a skier you might know where that is. there are three outfits i know of who have spots on the river, the first i mention zoar outdoor is hands down the best, but pricey. the next best one is called crab apple, i think they run a few different rivers, and then moxie which everyone refers to as the Ghetto outfit. hopefully i can get a downhill program at berkshire and make it worth peoples while to come out in the summer.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
hi, my name is hooples3.. i am 6'2" brwn hair, hazel eyes. i am a scorpio...
in my spare time i like to: hike, kayak, jet ski, I play basketball a lot, i am in sveral leagues. i also coach 7th Grade girls basketball once the season comes around. I am most happy when i am doing something ouitside. I love to camp and when I combine it with Mountain biking I am sooo happy. I also love my wife..so when I am with her its always a good time. I like to go out at least once on the weekends, wether it be a good bar or a club in the city.. other than that when i have absolutly nothing to do i like to sleep :cool:

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
MDmorgan said:
you live in mass and don't know what the gap is :eek: . first of all its about an hour and fourtyfive minutes from you off of rt.2 on the deerfield. its not like any of the other rivers you speak of, relitivly smaller, but the yakers love it. the guy who owns zoar outdoor( a very good outfit) was a world class paddler, and the olympic time trials are held there on occasion. in the spring its nuts, there are a few huge holes. it is located right under berkshire east, if your a skier you might know where that is. there are three outfits i know of who have spots on the river, the first i mention zoar outdoor is hands down the best, but pricey. the next best one is called crab apple, i think they run a few different rivers, and then moxie which everyone refers to as the Ghetto outfit. hopefully i can get a downhill program at berkshire and make it worth peoples while to come out in the summer.
ahh, why didnt you just say the deerfield! haha
ive never been out there, but my buddy who i usually raft with went a few weeks ago and said it was pretty tame compared to the maine stuff we do. he was mildy disappointed