><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Ciaran said:
You're kidding, right?

><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>
Well...not EVERYONE is a smelly hippy that wanders aimlessly around the country in a stoned haze following a crappy band from town to town...HAHAHA! Juuuuuuuuuust kidding....JUUUUUUUUUST kidding!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
jacksonpt said:
yea, I gathered from Ciaran's artwork. If their music was half as good as his e-drawing, maybe I would have recognized the pics.
And I stole the e-drawing too.

I just thought that other then the Dead what other hippy jam bands are there?

I've seen Phish twice. Incredible shows, fun parking lot.

And I shower! I do! Really! Just not before a Phish show. :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
jacksonpt said:
yea, I gathered from Ciaran's artwork. If their music was half as good as his e-drawing, maybe I would have recognized the pics.
i am quite far from a stinky hippy myself, and am somewhat of a music snob in my own limited range (classical :D), yet i think phish's music is quality. they've got some skills under the hippy veneer

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Toshi said:
i am quite far from a stinky hippy myself, and am somewhat of a music snob in my own limited range (classical :D), yet i think phish's music is quality. they've got some skills under the hippy veneer
I don't pretend to understand music - I just listen to what I enjoy. They may very well be a tallented band, I just don't care for their music.

I also find it amusing when people are shocked when you don't recognize a band (known for their music) from a picture - two different senses.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
When I'm not biking I'm either paddling or doing living history stuff.

das boot:

1643, Sir Thomas Blackwell's Regt of Foot, 3rd Co.

1777, 42nd Highlanders (I'm on the right)

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
jacksonpt said:
Nice. Were you the one building a kayak a while back? If so, is that the one? how'd it turn out?
Yep, that's it. It turned out better than I imagined it would. Tracks really straight and it's fast. I can't wait to try it in the surf next month.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
Yep, that's it. It turned out better than I imagined it would. Tracks really straight and it's fast. I can't wait to try it in the surf next month.
did you buy it as a kit?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
BikeGeek said:
wow... looks beautiful. Nice work.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BikeGeek said:
When I'm not biking I'm either paddling or doing living history stuff.

1643, Sir Thomas Blackwell's Regt of Foot, 3rd Co.

1777, 42nd Highlanders (I'm on the right)
Nice dude! Do you do strict re-enactment? What time periods do you re-enact? Cultures? What group do you participate in? Looks like a lot of fun!

I don't do strict re-enactment. We try to be as authentic as possible but are more free form/role play when it comes to our personnas. We are strictly history though. We do NOT do Lord of the Rings/fantasy stuff. No wizards or orcs or any of that stuff. If it didn't really exist, we don't do it. (Well those of us who really try, anyway)

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Ciaran said:
Nice dude! Do you do strict re-enactment? What time periods do you re-enact? Cultures? What group do you participate in? Looks like a lot of fun!

I don't do strict re-enactment. We try to be as authentic as possible but are more free form/role play when it comes to our personnas. We are strictly history though. We do NOT do Lord of the Rings/fantasy stuff. No wizards or orcs or any of that stuff. If it didn't really exist, we don't do it. (Well those of us who really try, anyway)
Thanks. We do some reenactment but, much like you, we mostly do "living history."

I started out in the SCA, but got tired of pouring tons of time into research only to have someone wearing elf-ears and a chainmail bikini ask me if I'd seen a wizard in the area. I kinda dug the bikini though. I moved on to the English Civil War (1642-1649) because I was facinated by the combination of a medieval-like style of warfare, ie swords, armor, etc., with gunpowder playing an important role. A typical battlefield for us has armored cavalry, pikeman, musketeers, and artillery. Fun stuff. As much as I like the battle reenactment stuff, most of my group's time is spent doing early colonial interpretation at places like Jamestown, Salem, and Plymouth. The name of the group is Sir Thomas Blackwell's Regt of Foot. We're the 3rd company. The first 2 companies are in England.

The "Redcoat" pic is from when I was turning out with the 42nd Highlanders for Revolutionary War events. I haven't done much of that lately.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
Thanks. We do some reenactment but, much like you, we mostly do "living history."

I started out in the SCA, but got tired of pouring tons of time into research only to have someone wearing elf-ears and a chainmail bikini ask me if I'd seen a wizard in the area. I kinda dug the bikini though. I moved on to the English Civil War (1642-1649) because I was facinated by the combination of a medieval-like style of warfare, ie swords, armor, etc., with gunpowder playing an important role. A typical battlefield for us has armored cavalry, pikeman, musketeers, and artillery. Fun stuff. As much as I like the battle reenactment stuff, most of my group's time is spent doing early colonial interpretation at places like Jamestown, Salem, and Plymouth. The name of the group is Sir Thomas Blackwell's Regt of Foot. We're the 3rd company. The first 2 companies are in England.

The "Redcoat" pic is from when I was turning out with the 42nd Highlanders for Revolutionary War events. I haven't done much of that lately.
pics of chainmail bikini on your friend?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stosh said:
What is that?
Instead of a park ranger or history prof standing in front of a tour group explaining, for example, how a post and waddle fence was made, there would be a bunch of us in historically accurate clothing using accurate tools to build one. "Early colonial" was the time period.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
Instead of a park ranger or history prof standing in front of a tour group explaining, for example, how a post and waddle fence was made, there would be a bunch of us in historically accurate clothing using accurate tools to build one. "Early colonial" was the time period.
gottcha!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
BikeGeek said:
Instead of a park ranger or history prof standing in front of a tour group explaining, for example, how a post and waddle fence was made, there would be a bunch of us sweating our asses off in itchy wool clothes .
Fixed
;)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BikeGeek said:

Here in the local SoCal SCA groups if we see elf ears or chain bikinis we (much like here) publicly shame the n00b and then get them drunk and send them off to the loaner garb trunk. And if you're not a n00b and you have on elf ears we duct tape you to a tree. We tend to leave the fantasy and Zena imposters to the Rennaisance Faire.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
sometimes i combine two hobbies.
i took my MTB to a few geocaches in lynn woods over the weekend. im starting to get back into that

also, odd that i only noticed a few other white water runners. Im doing the Maine-iac trifecta this summer, Dead, 'Nob, and Kennebec

Dead river @7000cfs in May

We are doing the Penobscot "Double Trouble" through the Cat V Rip gorge x2 in August and also hitting the Kennebec @8000cfs in September

Some other pics from the Kennebec last year

Next summer were heading down to the Gauley in WV

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Ciaran said:
Here in the local SoCal SCA groups...
I'll have to scan my Pennsic pics for you sometime, if I can find them. Sure, it's a whole lot of rattan and duct tape, but it's pretty cool to see a couple thousand people fighting. I always got taken out early. :dead:

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
And I stole the e-drawing too.

I just thought that other then the Dead what other hippy jam bands are there?

I've seen Phish twice. Incredible shows, fun parking lot.

And I shower! I do! Really! Just not before a Phish show. :D
Please change your sig.

luken8r said:
sometimes i combine two hobbies.
i took my MTB to a few geocaches in lynn woods over the weekend. im starting to get back into that

also, odd that i only noticed a few other white water runners. Im doing the

lunken8r, do you ever run the gap or the dryway? a bunch of my freinds who are ski instructors, guide in the summer and i tend to get free trips. two springs ago we would hike a mtn and ski it in the am, and run the gap at flood stage in the afternoon. one time we dumptrucked in this hole, and i was the only one who stayed in the raft, and i'm a novice paddler. bad ass stuff.

here is a skiing one i found, 50ft gap over a driveway, and you had to be towed by a snowmobile, and at 40mph you could clear it. i have to find a better pic.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Until a few years ago when My Father Passed, He and I enjoyed Racing our Dragster. He as the Crew Chief and I as the Driver.
Drag Racing brought alot of good times to our family for over 30 years...
I sure do miss him and the good times we had together...