Quantcast

Les Gets 2021

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
That looks awesome! Hope they have cameras on all these platforms, that would be sick.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Whats with that ditch at the start, just missing a bridge or small bump infront of it?

Its cool that it doesn't even look like a trail in some spots. Tape it wide (!) and let the riders figure it out!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Where is all the coverage?! Normally we'd have a track walk by now, and maybe even some practice runs?!

I couldn't really care less about ews. It's fine to kill time between the real races, but don't make DH suffer as a result.... :butcher:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
New track additions look spicy, although it seems that Austria has more than 1 track that should replace Leogang

https://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/features/iXS-EDC-1-Course-Preview-Brandnertal,39014/sspomer,2
:eek:
Not so sure about that. Brandnertal has 300 m of elevation loss on the track, Leogang 465 m. Leogang is also better for TV because of more open sections and more jumps. Lower part is also steeper.
This is not a bad track, but I disagree with the "should replace".

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Not so sure about that. Brandnertal has 300 m of elevation loss on the track, Leogang 465 m. Leogang is also better for TV because of more open sections and more jumps. Lower part is also steeper.
Ok smarty pants, then you try to think of something new to say about Leogang for the annual pre-race analysis!

Honestly its more about seeing a new track, plus I don't get too jazzed about the bike park section of Leo. I will certainly concede they have made it much more technical and I seriously did enjoy the last race.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Ok smarty pants, then you try to think of something new to say about Leogang for the annual pre-race analysis!

Honestly its more about seeing a new track, plus I don't get too jazzed about the bike park section of Leo. I will certainly concede they have made it much more technical and I seriously did enjoy the last race.
Have you seen the Redcar Moped POV vid in the Videos that don't suck thread from our lovely hill near my little hometown of Graz?

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts

jezso

Chimp
Dec 31, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Was riding this track last weekend for the first time in my life and it was super fun, lot of line choises, it's raw and natural. The jumps at the lower end of the track were being built that time, not as if I would hit them just yet. It is wild to see how controlled this guy rides it in the wet though... :O

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Everybody: we want more natural tracks in the woods.
Also everybody: sucks that the cameras do not cover the whole track.

Lets face it: bike parks cough up with the money to host a WC race to promote their business (and their existing tracks). Unless you get a very generous outside sponsor to fund a natural and raw track somewhere then there is little chance we will see WC races in other places. That is not even talking logistics of hosting the race, shuttles and such.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I like seeing a track that is not a bike park with one technical section. If it rains things will get exciting.
I know, unpopular opinion: this one tech section decided on who won and who didn't (unless someone f'd up somewhere else, e.g. Vali, Brook). So the best technical riders did win in the end.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Everybody: we want more natural tracks in the woods.
Also everybody: sucks that the cameras do not cover the whole track.

Lets face it: bike parks cough up with the money to host a WC race to promote their business (and their existing tracks). Unless you get a very generous outside sponsor to fund a natural and raw track somewhere then there is little chance we will see WC races in other places. That is not even talking logistics of hosting the race, shuttles and such.
It'll be interetsing to see the coverage of the 11 race EWS next year with Discovery Channel fully invested seeing as every track is in the woods.

It may make the piddly 5-6 race WC DH coverage look pretty sad...

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Tongue stitches? That's f'n gnarly.
when i was in elementary school a kid fell and bit through his tongue in basically the same spot. he came running over and his tongue was barely hanging on by just a tiny bit of tissue. so.much.blood. and a bunch of stitches. i can still see it in my mind almost half a century later.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm looking forward to watching helmet cam footage. Would be especially cool to see early practice footage vs race-day footage to see how much the track evolved...