Quantcast

Lehikionen's M9 Stolen

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
from Facebook:

"Last night in Helsinki, Finland - Matti Lehikionen had his Van broken into by the scum of the earth and they took his practice bike (see attached picture) and his kit bag with his Red Bull DH helmet.

Bike Spec:
Frame - Intense M9 prototype in Chain Reaction Cycles team blue
Marzocchi 2010 888 Ti forks and Roco Shock
Mavic Deemax ultimate wheels
Saint Cranks and Gears
e.thirteen LG1 Team edition chain device and direct mount stem
Easton Bars and Seatpost
Crankbros clipless pedals
Hope custom blue HOPE V2 brakes with custom Chain Reaction Cycles Intense lazer etching on the levers.
Maxxis Tires

PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU SEE ANYTHING"

Just his practice bike but still a bit ****.

bikesair

Chimp
Jun 30, 2009
San Luis Obispo CA
Stealing that bike is a lot like stealing a car. You would have to get it hidden and repainted to have any chance of not being caught. I'm surprised they didn't part it on the spot after stealing it. Not the brightest crayons in the box. Just glad that he got it back.

jules

Chimp
Aug 3, 2010
hi, I'm from Estonia, so have some insight.
it was some random russian junkie who has no idea what downhill, intense, m9 etc. is. he was riding it along the city, wearing even the RedBull fullface.
it was posted in our local mtb forum, so local riders knew about it and spotted it. if I understood correctly, the thief had a flat on saturday and went to a shop for a repaire - how stupid can you be.... :D that's how the mystery started to unfold. today the police took the bike away and i've heard that matti and nigel are really happy.
will post again, when i have heard the full story how the police got the bike back.