Quantcast

Leatt Braces

project_d

Chimp
Dec 15, 2009
SoCal
Where's a good place to buy one? I'm going to buy one soon, and I'm hoping somebody can tell me of a place that has them for a good price.

:cheers:

Oh, I live in SoCal, but I'm not opposed to having it shipped.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I haven't found any onlines discounting them. Your best bet is to go in to a Cycle Gear store in your area, so you can actually try it on and get help adjusting the plates for your fit. I did that this winter and the guy was real knowledgeable and helpful. When I can afford it in a couple months, I will go back there to purchase it.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I highly reccommend RideSFO. www.ridesfo.com They are based a little up north (Bay Area CA) from you.

Great company, stellar customer service etc. Call and talk to Phil or J-Rock and they will get you hooked up.

Last edited:

DWB|Nick

Chimp
Apr 10, 2008
I got mine form Motosuperstore.com and immediately got graphics through Dirt Digits. Leatt braces are in demand. I wouldn't bother looking too hard.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I got mine form Motosuperstore.com and immediately got graphics through Dirt Digits. Leatt braces are in demand. I wouldn't bother looking too hard.
what graphic kit did you get? was it hard to put on?

those dirt digit custom ones looks nice..especially w/ custom name and sponsor logos

Last edited:

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
Anyone ever heard of injury while wearing a Leatt? Just curious.
I'm also in the market for a Leatt.
I've heard of a few busted collarbones as a result of impacts being transmitted though the brace to that area. Its a trade off that I'd take but I'm sure future designs will work on trying to limit this.

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
but is this a fact scientifically proved?? I mean, the collarbone is one of the weakest bones in human body so it's quite easy to snap. Anyway, the Leatt, when it's correctly fitted, doesn't ever touch the collarbone, so I wonder how this can happen??..:rolleyes:

I've heard of a few busted collarbones as a result of impacts being transmitted though the brace to that area. Its a trade off that I'd take but I'm sure future designs will work on trying to limit this.

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
uhhh really?

Lee do you have to post you're picture for the 10000000000x time?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
but is this a fact scientifically proved?? I mean, the collarbone is one of the weakest bones in human body so it's quite easy to snap. Anyway, the Leatt, when it's correctly fitted, doesn't ever touch the collarbone, so I wonder how this can happen??..:rolleyes:
maybe if you are 90 years old and bed ridden

yetihenry

Monkey
Aug 9, 2009
Whistler, BC
Do those graphics stay on long term? It looks like they are being stuck to fabric and not just plastic?

I got my leatt on christmas day, have only managed two rides since but I can safely say I dont notice it but am glad its their. I tried to work out what body armour to wear and have ordered a Forcefield Lumbar Protector to protect my lower back/kidneys as it can be worn under the jersey, then the leatt on top and they won't interfer with each other (I hope).