Lance Interview.....

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I love that movie.

"Good ... go. You've staid your half hour!"

Classic

IDK, if the road kids want to race DH, I'd say let them race. But technique and stuff. It's not all lungs and legs. But it def does help.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
In fairness I'm frequently on drugs when I ride my bike.

Different types though. Still, drugs.
Do you also live in a fucking Cotton Candy House like ianjenn?

Acceptable alternates include:

1) No. I was on a hasty standby list to pickup Lance at the regional airport after his Oprah Interview
2) Again - No. However, I was asked to 'bring the car around' after Lance was scouted at the Tour d' Trump Road Race Series.
3) What the Fuck? No. I missed out on Lance Armstrong's investment tips (...ewww) on the ride-share platform Uber. Just a normal Joe you fuckstick.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Do you also live in a fucking Cotton Candy House like ianjenn?

Acceptable alternates include:

1) No. I was on a hasty standby list to pickup Lance at the regional airport after his Oprah Interview
2) Again - No. However, I was asked to 'bring the car around' after Lance was scouted at the Tour d' Trump Road Race Series.
3) What the Fuck? No. I missed out on Lance Armstrong's investment tips (...ewww) on the ride-share platform Uber. Just a normal Joe you fuckstick.
I'm gonna be honest. I'm sure you feel strongly about whatever it is you just typed, but I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

But I did grow up in cottoncandy land in the same town as Ianjenn.

Maybe its the drugs. Who knows. But if it helps you, he did used to come into the coffee shop I worked at in highschool during his winter training months sometimes. I had no idea who he was. Didn't ride bikes or give a fuck about road bikes at the time. I was too busy creating lifelong injuries doing dumbfuck highschool fighting sports. Coworker told me and I said "who?"

UCI weirdly only bans you for performance decreasing drugs. My only DQ is for beer from their local arm.
In fairness, alcohol is definitely performance enhancing for me. All my best riding back when I was less washed up than I am now came from being well passed buzzed and straddling the line between "very drunk" and "absolutely fucking hammered." And on the inverse, all my worst injuries came from being sober - broken foot, the day I forgot to grab a 12 pack before I headed up the mountain.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
currently laughing at Euro soccer Manu v Liverpool. Good game tho. whish it was DH. On to american footy after that. Trails are still closed from snow so it's tv sports and beer for me today. Oh and garage/work bench crap.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
In fairness I'm frequently on drugs when I ride my bike.

Different types though. Still, drugs.

I hear ya. Caffeine, anti-histamine and anti-inflamitory with maybe a hit or two of hallucinogenic and definitely one or two malt and hop based alcoholic beverages afterwords.

...mmm ...Drugs... :drag::headbang::rockout:

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Too bad they don't drug test more popular sports like the NFL or golf. Doe to rules in the PGA, clubs have to follow standards. Yet their balls are flying farther every year! "technology".
350lb lineman, 90% muscle and running at 23mph. I know that's slightly exaggerated, but not too much.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Too bad they don't drug test more popular sports like the NFL or golf. Doe to rules in the PGA, clubs have to follow standards. Yet their balls are flying farther every year! "technology".
350lb lineman, 90% muscle and running at 23mph. I know that's slightly exaggerated, but not too much.

They do test in the NFL, but I according to Wikipedia it is only in season and once per year. Not hard to work around.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Before Torino Olympics 2006 the NHL demanded no tests on their players.
Guess why NHL doesn't want to pause its schedule for the Olympics anymore.
Investigators found more than 170 individual samples in Fuentes fridge back then. Only a hand full athletes were sanctioned, mostly roadies. Guess who the biggest numbers were coming from, FC B...cough... Real M cough...
Now let's compare the salaries of say the Schleck brothers to someone like Zidane. Not to speak of the whole teams worth.

It's plain ignorance to think doping is just a roadie affair. They are just easiest to single out and dump, imho, all the while being fairly exposed and getting a lot of attention during the 3 weeks in July every year.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Before Torino Olympics 2006 the NHL demanded no tests on their players.
Guess why NHL doesn't want to pause its schedule for the Olympics anymore.
Investigators found more than 170 individual samples in Fuentes fridge back then. Only a hand full athletes were sanctioned, mostly roadies. Guess who the biggest numbers were coming from, FC B...cough... Real M cough...
Now let's compare the salaries of say the Schleck brothers to someone like Zidane. Not to speak of the whole teams worth.

It's plain ignorance to think doping is just a roadie affair. They are just easiest to single out and dump, imho, all the while being fairly exposed and getting a lot of attention during the 3 weeks in July every year.
It's not just a roadie affair. Everyone at the top in endurance sports is on gear. Same for skill based sports that pay well or have enough competitors that self policing of community norms can't exist. I mentioned it a few times here but my friend was a in WADA and he told me it was rare to find a top athlete not skirting the 3 strikes location rule.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
They do test in the NFL, but I according to Wikipedia it is only in season and once per year. Not hard to work around.
And even so, what are they really testing for and what do they do about it? When Mcguire tested positive, MLB took a huge hit and lost millions of viewers. Lesson learned. I don't watch many sports, but I can't recall the last time the news reported that someone in the NFL, or any pro sports had tested positive.

That's why I don't feel Armstrong was wrong.
I'd love to see all sports as clean. But that won't ever happen.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
And even so, what are they really testing for and what do they do about it? When Mcguire tested positive, MLB took a huge hit and lost millions of viewers. Lesson learned. I don't watch many sports, but I can't recall the last time the news reported that someone in the NFL, or any pro sports had tested positive.

When Peyton Manning was struggling to recover from an injury and won the Superbowl it was discovered that he was receiving shipments of HGH. He just claimed it was his wife's and everyone agreed and went on like nothing was wrong.

Lance isn't a raging asshole because he doped. He is a raging asshole for everything else he did.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007

He was wrong not because he doped but because he was a massive dick. That's the real problem not the doping itself.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

I knew it would come to this at some point. "Everyone was doing it".

Armstrong wasn't wrong for doping.

It's what he did to those ends and to other people.

You are trying to make him out as the end user. He was the much closer to the cartel and enforcer. Everyone was not doing what he was doing. The lengths that he went to and narcissism was way over and above what anyone else was doing. That's been the point all along, but few people actually read the entire story, they just think "everyone was doing it". Yeah, that is true, just about everyone was. But Armstrong destroyed people and left a path of destruction (people's lives).

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
And as soon as the story broke and the world found out what he really did, he had the ball to post this picture all over social media:

1703000062554.png

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I knew it would come to this at some point. "Everyone was doing it".

Armstrong wasn't wrong for doping.

It's what he did to those ends and to other people.

You are trying to make him out as the end user. He was the much closer to the cartel and enforcer. Everyone was not doing what he was doing. The lengths that he went to and narcissism was way over and above what anyone else was doing. That's been the point all along, but few people actually read the entire story, they just think "everyone was doing it". Yeah, that is true, just about everyone was. But Armstrong destroyed people and left a path of destruction (people's lives).
Yeah he basically forced people to dope and didn't he also leave the best shit for himself? Plus yes destroying peoples lives if they didn't obey or dissent

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
he had the ball
:clapping:

I agree that it wasn't just the doping, it was everything else he did surrounding it - the denials, attacking everyone cuz he had more money and resources, destroying lives and reputations of those telling the truth, etc. And wrapping it all up in a charitable effort was the cherry on top. It's true he did some good in there with the foundation but it's hard to see anything he's ever done as purely altruistic.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
it's true he did some good in there with the foundation but it's hard to see anything he's ever done as purely altruistic.

yeah no one had ever heard of cancer before his foundation that did cancer awareness

do you remember these?

some of the funniest shit ever about armstrong and the doping going on :rofl:

Last edited: