Quantcast

La Bresse WC

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Cathro has got to be pretty happy with himself so far, Fairclough and MacDonald are normally a fair few positions higher in the rankings than the lanky Scot

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Looks like the rain is coming down harder now.

Josh with one heck of a get off.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Hell yeah Minnaar! we should call him the Rain King! Hats off to Gwinn for wrapping up the overall. too bad for Stevie Smith, I wonder what happened, he really seemed to tense up half way down the hill...

edit to add: I may as well be the first to say it, but I seem to remember that Gwin's wins were all in dry conditions... or am I wrong?

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Bummer for Gwin getting hooked up in a few spots. Congrats to him for winning the overall already though!!!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
also, you gotta wonder how Bryceland's feeling right now. he was on one helluva run, and that off came at the worst possible moment. I'm not as sure as Whiteley that flats were to blame... maybe a slightly mis-timed pedal stroke. either way, it sucks for him. as you brits would say, I'm gutted for him.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
edit to add: I may as well be the first to say it, but I seem to remember that Gwin's wins were all in dry conditions... or am I wrong?
or TWR and him went over the numbers like we just did and he rode more "conservatively" knowing he would wrap it up as long as he placed top 20.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
or TWR and him went over the numbers like we just did and he rode more "conservatively" knowing he would wrap it up as long as he placed top 20.
Didn't look that way to me. Will be interesting to see what happens in Champery, especially if it is wet.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
So what's the story with the Peaty DQ?
he went outside the tape at speed during the fast flat section right after the start. if he realized he did it he probably decided to take his chances rather than lose the time it would have taken him to stop and go back - his race would definitely have been over if he had.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I'm not sure about that, Gwin obviously made a mistake that probably slowed him down by a few seconds. Other than that, he looked way fast.

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
Apparently Fabien Barel just announced his retirement from world cup racing, Val Di Sole will be his last world cup race! Worst news I have heard all day. It is truly the end of an era. :(

Last edited:

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009
Apparently Fabien Barel just announced his retirement from world cup racing, Val Di Sole will be his last world cup race! Worst news I have heard all day. It is truly the end of an era. :(
the boys at vital break the news here. An all time class act and amazing racer.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well if Freecaster would make him a permanent commentator with Warner it would be amazing.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Gwin in the perfect situation. Whitley's preparation. Trek's backing. Tomac's tutoring. Leov to train with. Mrs. House serving up the victuals! :thumb:

There are quite a few US riders who may or may not have had the opportunity over the years to be in Gwin's shoes. But for all sorts of reasons covered over the years, they've had reason to go elsewhere.

Had Gwin come along 2 years before Freecaster, he may already be in the work force elsewhere. So stoked for him.

Also, I am seriously impressed by Bryceland's focus and commitment this season. Sucks he didn't make it across the line with that run. But what was with the skate shoe/5.10 sole thing he was rocking?