Quantcast

kool stop heat sink pads

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
has anyone used or know of anyone that has tried the Kool Stop pseudo-knock offs of the shimano pads with the heat sink on them?
they seem to only come in organic unfortunately but wanted to maybe give them a try for my Formula The Ones

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I haven't tried them in ages, but the last Kool Stop disc pads I tried (probably 6-8 years ago) sucked balls. Whether or not things have improved since then, I have no idea, but it was enough to put me off.

I've been using Goodridge pads on my The Ones for ages, and they're great. Performance is indistinguishable from stock but they're quieter and last longer.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I haven't tried them in ages, but the last Kool Stop disc pads I tried (probably 6-8 years ago) sucked balls. Whether or not things have improved since then, I have no idea, but it was enough to put me off.

I've been using Goodridge pads on my The Ones for ages, and they're great. Performance is indistinguishable from stock but they're quieter and last longer.
i currently have the kool stops on my The Ones and they are mediocre compared to the stock pads

no metallic, no care. =/
this is one reason why i am hesitant. my organic kool stops are blah

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA

Where to get said pads? Just bought a set of Formula ROs. Ordered factory metallics to start with.