Quantcast

KHS Gravity Open - UCI - ProGrt #2 - Plattekill Bike Park, NY

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
REMINDER: Your race issued KHS Number Plate will be used for the entire Eastern States Cup Serties at Mount Snow and Plattekill. It's made of heavy duty plastic and will help us with scoring as you'll have the same number thru the series. If you forget or lose it, you'll have to buy a new one for $5.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
New Start Ramps are up. New timing system is ready, now will have beeps for start and a clock at the finish. Live timing on the web is being worked on and will hopefully be available.

Weather looks to be mid 70's with sun.
New ramps and timing is awesome!

You can never trust a weatherman, especially when it comes to Plattekill. Fingers crossed

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Race Fee’s:
On site Fee’s are $5 more, save and Pre Register at: http://www.bikereg.com/events/regist...?eventid=10876

I really hope the Pre Reg guys do get to walk right thru cause - I just Pre Reg'D and for 2of us the Bike Reg fee was 9.95. I'm not complaining about the money, but i get tired of preregistering only to get to the race and find out I have to go thru and fill in all the paper work anyway.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
I'm not a fan of Pre Reg generally either. But at Platty rest assured, just print your waiver and reciept. Bring that and your lic. upstairs, bypassing the payment line and get your lift pass and number. Then just "shut up and ride".

ldw222

Monkey
Jun 16, 2009
Rochester, NY
I'm not a fan of Pre Reg generally either. But at Platty rest assured, just print your waiver and reciept. Bring that and your lic. upstairs, bypassing the payment line and get your lift pass and number. Then just "shut up and ride".
i have my receipt but where do you get a waiver? that would be great to not have to wait in line...thanks...

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Mad March Racing and NEMA are sponsoring a few fun competitions, Saturday at 5:30 near the deck. Great prizes including Answer Handlebars, gloves, DH tubes, maybe a wheelset and a portable electric pressure washer to the winners.

Also at the same time will be the mandatory riders meeting, pasta dinner and keg party on the deck and in the lodge. We'll be showing some first run movies on the big screen as well.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
you 3 slow pokes actually gonna hit this jump? cause ive never seen any of you hit it before
:popcorn:

Who hit dred nought(sp?) first? hmmmm?

And why are you dragging the third guy into this? Do you know how much a hip replacement is these days? $$$$$

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
After Neal's near death experience last fall I think he should avoid this jump.

Not sure about Jon.

I will hit that $hit Friday, I am leaving at 5am friday to ride for the day. Not being hungover/drunk friday from the night before makes a world of difference in my riding.

The weather is looking pretty good for the week and weekend. Hope the rains holds off for the fun and games Saturday evening at the mountain. This is going to have a huge positive impact for platty on a big scale.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Not sure about Jon.

I will hit that $hit Friday, I am leaving at 5am friday to ride for the day. Not being hungover/drunk friday from the night before makes a world of difference in my riding.

The weather is looking pretty good for the week and weekend. Hope the rains holds off for the fun and games Saturday evening at the mountain. This is going to have a huge positive impact for platty on a big scale.
we are talking about the jump at the top of the mountain on the triple side......

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I hit it this past weekend. where were you? :rolleyes:
:picsstfu:
i was riding both days here in the ghetto

Not sure about Jon.

nah, neal almost died on the road gap jump last year. big guy thought he was Bender and sent that jump.

friday's weather looks good. sat/sun is iffy.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Who hit dred nought(sp?) first? hmmmm?
Geoff Ulmer, right after the last nail went in. Dread Naught:thumb:

Yes, Saturday Night should be fun. Drafts on the deck while watching goofballs compete for prizes will be fun. Although I'd like to win the pressure washer myself,it plugs into an auto cig lighter.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey is the Cat two course the one that goes under/over to the double chair, or is that the cat 3 course? Your earlier map suggested cat 2 goes way to the rider's right and cat 3 went straight down...the one above suggests the cat 2 course follows the other trail that splits the two lifts down the middle.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Hey is the Cat two course the one that goes under/over to the double chair, or is that the cat 3 course? Your earlier map suggested cat 2 goes way to the rider's right and cat 3 went straight down...the one above suggests the cat 2 course follows the other trail that splits the two lifts down the middle.
The cat 2 and cat 3 courses were reversed on the first map. This one is correct. The Cat2 course is pretty challenging, especially the last 1/4..

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
That was a race course some time ago, correct? Launch to double to LH berm then a shot into the woods and a very tech steep rocky rooty brake burner section, correct?

thanks for the reply, just trying to clarify in my noggin.