Quantcast

impressed with mallet pedals

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
syadasti said:
Mud clearance is important, especially in the NE. Float is important for people with knee problems. One will be stronger than the other - if you are heavy/break things often etc - that is important (customer service and parts, rebuilding is also important in this case). Bushing/bearing setups on Times/CB/shimano is generally not as good as high-end BMX style platform. Price does make a difference to most people...
So you agree..........times are better?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
syadasti said:
The only pedal that sucked major ass was the onza clipless with the rubber springs
I will give ya a big AMEN on that.
Holy Crap, those things were more troubling than a cross dressing midget with 11 fingers.
Those pedals would release differently depending on temperature. Yeah, that was a sound design. :sneaky:

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
Acadian said:
yes...

I've been using Candy SL's on my 5-Spot and sometimes I just CANNOT get reclipped!! :dead: plus the CB have this dead feel when you clip in, it's like you don't know if you're reclipped until your first pedal stroke - and you guessed it, sometimes you're not reclipped.

I use to race XC with Times and I never had this problem with them!
Sounds like you need to space those babies out. I had the same trouble with my Mallets until I spaced the cleat down from the sole of the shoe!

I'm with Fraser here, Mallets are the only clipless pedals I'll run for the forseeable future! The advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
mental said:
Sounds like you need to space those babies out. I had the same trouble with my Mallets until I spaced the cleat down from the sole of the shoe!.
READ THE ENTIRE THREAD FOO!!!

;) my cleats ARE shimmed...