Quantcast
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Soooo....it's been a few days now....are his parents actually in trouble? Is the insurance co. stepping up?

The suspense is just KILLING me....

No really. it is.
umm, it's not the 5th of July, there has been stuff open for 1 day now since I got the summons. But if you must know, talked to a lawyer for a few on the phone, from what it sounds like from him I should be good to go. For now he said to let the insurance company lawyers deal with it, yes they are stepping up, and to give him a call before I sign anything, and that he could help me out if I needed it. From what it sounded like this isn't to terribly uncommon when insurance issues get dragged out tot the 2 year point. He also said my parents would be in the clear, as I was driving, they just have there names on the insurance policy, if in the off chance I did get boned

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Maybe one day he'll be fleuent with math just like he is with English.
Not at all likely, everything I lack in English skills, ended up n the math department.

Stick with it. Having trigonometry nailed is a key to fluency in calculus.
That's what I've been hearing. I just took trig last semester, and had it down pretty damn good, but the review in the pre calc really cemented it in. Now I'm at the point where I just end up with answers for the whole triangle and forget what exactly they wanted for the answer.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not at all likely, everything I lack in English skills, ended up n the math department.

That's what I've been hearing. I just took trig last semester, and had it down pretty damn good, but the review in the pre calc really cemented it in. Now I'm at the point where I just end up with answers for the whole triangle and forget what exactly they wanted for the answer.
Not trying to bash you here, just curious. Are you taking trig and pre-calc in college? I seem to remember those as all high school courses.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Not trying to bash you here, just curious. Are you taking trig and pre-calc in college? I seem to remember those as all high school courses.
Sort of now-a-days. They don't actually offer real trig at the high schools around where I live, they mix it with geometry, and it's REALLY basic. Pre calc is also not required in high school (even though I took it) I've actually taken calc in college already, but it was BS business/ econ calc, and decided to change to an engineering major, thus having to go back and retake re-recs for that. In CA at least some majors only need college algebra.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sort of now-a-days. They don't actually offer real trig at the high schools around where I live, they mix it with geometry, and it's REALLY basic. Pre calc is also not required in high school (even though I took it) I've actually taken calc in college already, but it was BS business/ econ calc, and decided to change to an engineering major, thus having to go back and retake re-recs for that. In CA at least some majors only need college algebra.
I call bull****. Unless the expectations of parents in the Lamirinda area dropped, there is no way in hell that an area that affluent doesn't offer college level courses. My friends from Cal from your area all had those classes done before they got there.

You are a self proclaimed **** up while in high school. I have high suspicions that you didn't know what an AP class was in high school. Even if you did know, there is no way that you could get into and perform at the expected levels which ditching, drinking, and being stoned through school.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I call bull****. Unless the expectations of parents in the Lamirinda area dropped, there is no way in hell that an area that affluent doesn't offer college level courses. My friends from Cal from your area all had those classes done before they got there.

You are a self proclaimed **** up while in high school. I have high suspicions that you didn't know what an AP class was in high school. Even if you did know, there is no way that you could get into and perform at the expected levels which ditching, drinking, and being stoned through school.
Maybe he's an idiot savant. Or autistic... Like that autistic kid that can draw from memory. Mooshoo Rainman? Definitely... definetly taking math... yeah math... 1+1... math... Definitely.

Also, how has this thread gone on this long without a new custom title for The Mooshue? Mods are slacking!

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

Hmmmmm.... touchy spot there. Alot of kids stopped taking math as soon as they had what was needed to graduate from High school were I am from here. I had trig and calc 1 in high school, but I was done with the rec's when I was halfway through my sophomore year......... So its possible, yet unlikely

For the record, I agree with Ciaran.... Whats up mods... were is the new title that is very much in order???

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

Uh, TheMontashu is not from Lamorinda.

And you are probably right, he wasn't a top student during high school, which is why he is going to Diablo CC, not Stanford.

Still, he is doing well in college and it really only matters what he does now and the future.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Uh, TheMontashu is not from Lamorinda.

And you are probably right, he wasn't a top student during high school, which is why he is going to Diablo CC, not Stanford.

Still, he is doing well in college and it really only matters what he does now and the future.
Doing well now is all that is important now.

Where is he from then? He never said anything to the contrary... Although if he's a Crancod kid, it does make sense.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Maybe he's an idiot savant. Or autistic... Like that autistic kid that can draw from memory. Mooshoo Rainman? Definitely... definetly taking math... yeah math... 1+1... math... Definitely.

Also, how has this thread gone on this long without a new custom title for The Mooshue? Mods are slacking!
Do NOT insult autistic people like that. No....REALLY.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless

Nope, not from lamorinda, think concord school district buddy. Half my classes only had class copies of text books, and the nicest newest thing were the bathrooms that got redone after 50 years of being beat to hell

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Hmmmmm.... touchy spot there. Alot of kids stopped taking math as soon as they had what was needed to graduate from High school were I am from here. I had trig and calc 1 in high school, but I was done with the rec's when I was halfway through my sophomore year......... So its possible, yet unlikely

For the record, I agree with Ciaran.... Whats up mods... were is the new title that is very much in order???
That's exactly what I did, I was actually ahead a year in math, took pre calc junior year and didn't take math senior year. We were the last district still stuck with that PCM program, so I never got proper trig or geometry

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Doing well now is all that is important now.

Where is he from then? He never said anything to the contrary... Although if he's a Crancod kid, it does make sense.
I'm actually from pleasant hill, Kinds stuck in the middle, but half my school was from concord/ martinez. If I had got to a lamorinda school the 2.5 I left high school with would have got me into most state schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.