Quantcast

I think I got hit by a car.

ButtersNZ

Monkey
Jun 6, 2013
Damn. Thankfully you're still alive, it sounds like you got drilled. Get well soon.

And before anybody asks, DO NOT tell us what happened until everything with insurance/courts is completed. What you might put here while on hospital drugs, might not be 100% correct. DO NOT tell anybody what happened until everything is cleared up. Oh, and get a lawyer yesterday.
Jeebus, is this how crazy insurance claims are in the States? I guess if you want to sue or whatever you need to play your cards close to your chest

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
There are french banjos playing out in Huberdeau.....that's like 2 hours out on the far side of nowhere! are there more than two last names in the Huberdeau phone book? Like...Laviolette and Vaillancourt?.....maybe a Vachon for good measure?

Last edited:

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
good this makes the world a better place, and the reason rip went splat is unknown but nothing hurts more then knowing the world is just like it was

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
good this makes the world a better place, and the reason rip went splat is unknown but nothing hurts more then knowing the world is just like it was
It's truly amazing, that sometimes you have these moments of amazing philosophical insight. Then the rest of the time you are a babbling, drug ruined idiot.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
There are french banjos playing out in Huberdeau.....that's like 2 hours out on the far side of nowhere! are there more than two last names in the Huberdeau phone book? Like...Laviolette and Vaillancourt?.....maybe a Vachon for good measure?
Lots of LeVesques. Tons of Ryans, Millers and Briggs from when Montreal was ethnically cleansed of English speakers in the 70's....

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I'm home. The damage to the 930: front wheel is trashed, rear wheel is trashed, fork is trashed from side to side. Frame is in good shape.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm home. The damage to the 930: front wheel is trashed, rear wheel is trashed, fork is trashed from side to side. Frame is in good shape.
Take everything to a shop and have them price out a new bike. All things considered, if both wheels and the fork are toast, the strength of the frame is likely greatly compromised.

There is no reason to be 'nice' here. You got hit by a car. It's their fault. Get yourself fixed, get your bike fixed - to the level it was before, and make sure you're compensated for any future damage to self.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Take everything to a shop and have them price out a new bike. All things considered, if both wheels and the fork are toast, the strength of the frame is likely greatly compromised.
agree with this 100%. have them inspect the frame. if both wheels + fork were trashed, i'd be greatly surprised if the frame was actually fine.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.

There is no reason to be 'nice' here. You got hit by a car. It's their fault. Get yourself fixed, get your bike fixed - to the level it was before, and make sure you're compensated for any future damage to self.
I am a mechanic, and am not finding the tell tale marks showing frame damage but will probably not take any chances.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I am a mechanic, and am not finding the tell tale marks showing frame damage but will probably not take any chances.
I know this. That being said, YOU WERE HIT BY A CAR, get a new bike.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
...but heal up too.

I almost got dinged a couple times yesterday...one of which would have been my fault completely. Dont like getting hit by cars, kinda ruins your day.