Quantcast

I just finished a phone interview...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
And was told to expect a call after the holiday to schedule a in house interview!

I have been trying to get into this company for the last 3 years.

I am nervous and extremely excited. All of the guys below can't really represent how I feel right now...

:weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee:

Wish me luck!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks everyone!

It isn't McDonald's unfortunately. I know they are pretty dang exclusive and quite difficult to get into (much like Google, Apple, and most other coveted Bay Area tech jobs).

I really appreciate the well wishes and I really hope things pan out.

If I got in, I would be doubling my current salary (starting) and because of this finally being able to start saving for a house and family. This would honestly be a life changing job.

My current job would understand. =]

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
That's awesome man. There is no better feeling than getting that first job where you feel like you can actually start saving plus afford the fun stuff. I spent so much time as a broke-a$$ student, it was nice 3 years ago when I didn't have to worry about paying the bills. I bought a house last year and have been pretty comfortable since. Plus, it is so much better when you are actually looking forward to working somewhere and it turns out that it was as good as you thought it would be.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Good luck.
Don't forget money isn't everything. If the interview sends up flags re: quality of life don't get blinded by the $. That said, I hope it's the kick ass job you think it is.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah my brother currently works for another part of development for the company so I have a pretty solid insider view. All signs point to awesome. =]

Thanks again everyone. I really hope I can nail the next round of interviews.

Last edited:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Slow process, but I finally got an email today to set up a in house interview.

Just waiting to see when they want to meet in person. I thought the job had fallen through, but this is a VERY good sign.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
"Slow" process? I'll say. It's been 3 months. You sure you want to work for them? :D
eh, the GF's company took at least that long to bring her in for an interview and make her an offer. She's 1.5years in and loves it there.

HR is the problem man...those people are dumb as bricks but not as supportive.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks everyone.

Yeah apparently the people they have been interviewing have been "weird, awkward, and antisocial" and that isn't what they are looking for in this position.

I like to think I am a pretty normal guy. Not your typical software nerd.

Interview is tomorrow. They had me set aside 5 hours for it...

Last edited:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks man. I hope it does too. If I get this job my life would be changing quite a bit. I am nervous. If this doesn't work out, I do have a backup gig offered to me for 20k+ less pay. But I don't know if its worth it.

It isn't the government, its a VERY large compute/electronics company.