Quantcast

I am being credited...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
With inventing a tool that I didn't actually invent. I am being presented with an opportunity to profit from it also. I have no way to contact the actual inventor. Since he made me the tool, and gave it to me and only me, and I have the only other one in existence. I am not sure how to proceed. I am thinking if I take some of the proceeds and put it in the bank for him and then down the road, if I figure a way to contact him. Then we both win.... It just seems like an opportunity I shouldn't squander... Phuck.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I am thinking if I take some of the proceeds and put it in the bank for him and then down the road, if I figure a way to contact him. Then we both win.... It just seems like an opportunity I shouldn't squander... Phuck.
that would be a good idea. its money that you never expected anyway, so leaving money tucked aside for him wouldnt be a loss. make sure you keep the interest you make off of it though.
how hard is it really to find this person? did he "disappear" after he made you the tool?

edit: if you cant find him, you get to keep the money

Last edited:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Does the other party have a patent on the tool? No? Then get thy ass to the patent office, post haste!

Be a good American and capitalist and profit!!! :thumb:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
that would be a good idea. its money that you never expected anyway, so leaving money tucked aside for him wouldnt be a loss. make sure you keep the interest you make off of it though.
how hard is it really to find this person? did he "disappear" after he made you the tool?

edit: if you cant find him, you get to keep the money
I am thinking of donating it to a wothy cause.. We both worked for Toshiba together, We both got laid off.... I'm a weasel. Not a thief... The last contact I had with him was in Ann Arbor MI 3 years ago.... His Nextel/Sprint # goes right to message. And I have not heard back from him...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
With Ciaran on this one; Get a patent on it. if the dude shows up, sell him the patent for $1 and ask to keep the current revenues generated. He wins longterm because you locked up the patent for him and you win until he shows up.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
finding people is not really all that hard.

facebook, linkedin, twitter, HR at your old job, zabasearch, public records, etc. The list goes on.

If you know his first and last name chances are likely you could find him.

Add a middle initial or an old phone number and the odds begin to increase pretty well....