Quantcast

~~~humph it’s Thursday~~

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Yep, kiddo was 6 months old when the Dow/DuPont buy out decided that I didn’t need to work for them anymore
Guy at my last place got laid off 2 weeks after his wife died of cancer.

My wife got laid off from her last place while she was on maternity leave with our 2nd son.

Fuck companies. Except mine, I like mine. Until they lay me off too.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Begrudgingly acquired a new cell phone. Galaxy S23 ultra. Thing is a god damned monster but I want the camera and I'm tired of having my current phone and it's weak ass battery tethered to the charger.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
One thing about this location is it's surrounded by chain restaurants. From McDonald's to PF Chang's, there's something for everyone. Turns out the food cart pod that was 6 blocks from my old office is 15 minutes straight down Walker. Super lamb gyro saves the day.

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Re-mounted a rear DHR 2 (exo+) tyre with cushcore+ in 4 mins 27 seconds yesterday. Pretty pleased with myself. :p

Also just wanted to re-recommended Muc-off sealant. That stuff is great, stays sealant-y way longer than Stans for example.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Re-mounted a rear DHR 2 (exo+) tyre with cushcore+ in 4 mins 27 seconds yesterday. Pretty pleased with myself. :p

Also just wanted to re-recommended Muc-off sealant. That stuff is great, stays sealant-y way longer than Stans for example.
i tried the wtb stuff last summer in my DH bike with good results. got some muc off in RMSS and will give that a try.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
i tried the wtb stuff last summer in my DH bike with good results. got some muc off in RMSS and will give that a try.
It’s also super easy to clean up. When it’s liquid it genuinely washes off with water. Only once it gets hard is it harder to remove, but still just takes a bit of a scrub with warm water and a dish sponge.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
i was gonna say, i've had no complaints with the WTB stuff. my DH bike has been sitting in my workshop untouched since the end of october and they're still holding air. granted they've gotten a little low, but nothing problematic.
4 tires on our summer bikes are flat. And I need to pump up the fatbikes every rides. Even after probably adding 1/2 liters of the stuff. It just jizzed out of every tiny holes without ever sealing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Talked to the school counselor for a bit. Said from the top down, administration can't tell who started it, just that when it's been witnessed the girls were the guilty parties. It came to awareness because some of the boys' parents called to complain about them coming home with bruises and scratches. Given that the girls involved are largely a group of girls that don't get along, they feel this is not a social group vs. social group issue.

I brought up some names on the boy side who Haley has mentioned as problems in the past, which she said I was just checking off the list, and the same for girls that Haley doesn't get along with who we assumed were also involved, which she confirmed. It works out to about 1/3 of the 5th grade. It was like Lord of the Flies apparently.

As a whole, the 5th grade in the district has been having behavioral issues. They were 2nd and 3rd grade the two years where the school was either shut down or had substantial impacts related to COVID. So only mildly formative years...