Quantcast

~~Hello Saturday~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My new Garmin says I slept like shit last night, which is weird because I feel like I slept great. Anyway, got a 5K to run. I'll let you guys know how I did...I know you can't wait to hear about it.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Day 10 of trailbuilding season done. Seems my body as finally adapted. Raining, so not much on the docket.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Woken up at 12:30am by Haley and a friend. Friend was having a bit of an emotional moment, unable to sleep and wanted to go home. Hard 'no' to that one. Study again for today.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
coffee, eats, then load the furballs into the car and head off to meet Ruth at the Showgrounds out by Sacramento. I get to drive the truck and horse trailer back home tomorrow, she will chill out in the Golf Sportwagen on the post competition drive home.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Up early. Our Air BnB host offered a Waipiʻo Valley tour that we just couldn't pass up. But we are also catching the red eye back to reality this evening so it's gonna be a hell of a long day.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Good day folks. I’m down in San Diego for work and the zoo gala. Last time I went pre covid, Joan embrey let me pet her porcupine. We’ll see how things go.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Argh, wife had a meeting in Orange County at 7:00, so since she was up at 4:30 to get ready, the whole household was as well. 5 hours of sleep should be enough for the day, right?

Gotta go down to Orange County as well for dinner at the parents house, 2 hour drive, early dinner, probably 3 hour drive home. I need a helicopter.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And... The washer has started leaking nowhere near the entry or drainage hoses. :banghead: FTS. Wifey gets to deal with this one.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Got everything but the couches moved out so the floors can go. The couches get moved after F1 quali and we leave for vacation. 4 days is gonna be nice. The weekends are pretty quiet there (Long Beach peninsula), so Monday and Tuesday should be glorious.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Made it a whole 30 minutes into the 1.5 hour car ride before my daughter threw up. Got her cleaned up and trucked on, with another puke a mere 20 minutes later.

So we turned around and are back home now.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
wife's bday but low key, as we just got home last night from a week at the hospital. mother in law coming this afternoon to "help" which is nice but also kind of a pain. need to go to lowes and get the stinky spray for plants in the front yard as the deer are chowing on them at night.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Wound up staying here another day since the shuttle fees alone to and from the hostel were going to be as much as a room at weekend rates. No point in paying more money for just another day. Knee feels better. Working on getting a shuttle back to the trailhead tomorrow morning.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Trying to work a bit, and kept hearing some banging just outside the door.

Thought maybe the wind was blowing paddles around, but someone built accommodations on top of a skull I found this winter...
IMG_20230617_131312523_HDR.jpg

#BirdsAren'tReal

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Want to know how you can tell that the karting is getting expensive? I just saw the lawyer up the street, whose son is racing but in a way more expensive class, getting a full shop pit vs. self-pitting (like us), having the engine rebuilt every two days on track, burning through tires within 2 days, etc. out front. He was mowing with a brand new mower. He's had a lawn service as long as we've been here and they're like $75/wk. Now he's mowing the lawn. I don't even want to guess how much he's spending. :shocked:

@jebfour KA80, pitting and coaching with FDM. I just...

On a positive note though, he is someone that we can travel with for the Grand Junction races. So it saves us all a little bit because we can throw the kart and gear into the trailer.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Want to know how you can tell that the karting is getting expensive? I just saw the lawyer up the street, whose son is racing but in a way more expensive class, getting a full shop pit vs. self-pitting (like us), having the engine rebuilt every two days on track, burning through tires within 2 days, etc. out front. He was mowing with a brand new mower. He's had a lawn service as long as we've been here and they're like $75/wk. Now he's mowing the lawn. I don't even want to guess how much he's spending. :shocked:

@jebfour KA80, pitting and coaching with FDM. I just...

On a positive note though, he is someone that we can travel with for the Grand Junction races. So it saves us all a little bit because we can throw the kart and gear into the trailer.
Who could have predicted motorsport was expensive :p

(I wish I could find the clip from Rush where Hunt's backer goes bust after trying to move up a class and fund an F1 team)