Quantcast

~~~Happy Friday Morning~~~

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Even the real thing got some variation of awesomeness. Just like wine. Some years are better and some producer are better. Of course I'm french canadian so our blood is 10% maple syrup.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Even the real thing got some variation of awesomeness. Just like wine. Some years are better and some producer are better. Of course I'm french canadian so our blood is 10% maple syrup.
yea, i don't have sugar maples. mine are silver maple, which are still good but don't produce as much.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
yea, i don't have sugar maples. mine are silver maple, which are still good but don't produce as much.
We did tap one maple one year. We boiled the water just a bit to make sure it was clean and used it in smoothies.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Stripping the new bike and putting all new parts on it today. Should be fun!

in other news, finally got around to signing up for TSA pre approval. Don’t know why we didn’t do this earlier....

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nah,. I

Nah, I learned to drive a manual after purchasing one.

Whatchu get?
I remember having to drive a guys STi home from the dealership because he didn't know how after just buying it. I taught him after we got it home. :rofl:

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'll take FTS for a hundred Alex.

Was able to get 50% discount on a new Borealis hub. They said they never saw a ratchet ring stripping a hub shell.
How old is the hub? if this hasn't been seen before, wouldn't it point to a manufacturing defect? or is it like a Shimano brake "never saw this before"?
So the dentist is installing my crown yesterday. She sticks this wrench in my mouth and I hear CLICK. It was a torque wrench. Like she was installing a head gasket. She didn't understand my amusement.
when I had my (dental) implant placed, she used a bone graft. I asked how she placed it, and she said "in carpentry terms, it's like a wedge to fill up a space, and the implant's threads bite into my bone on one side, and into the implant on the other".
We go through 2-3 gallons a year.
damn. I thought we went through a lot at 6-7 litres / year... but that's like, 11 litres!
it definitely does. to the point that the wife and i save the real stuff for ourselves and don't let the kids use it. we only get maybe a pint a year of it from him.
my kids were so used to maple syrup that they begged us for the corn syrup one time... so we bought it for them. They tasted it once and asked for maple syrup back!
coffee and oatmeal. The breakfast of old farts
oatmeal is the first food my 7 year old is able to eat again... had to make it extra "liquidy" for him, but he's loving it. peaches and cream for a change?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
How old is the hub? if this hasn't been seen before, wouldn't it point to a manufacturing defect? or is it like a Shimano brake "never saw this before"?
Well.... hub got more that 2000 miles on it... so I wasn't expecting anything from them, getting a new one for $125us seems like a good enough deal.

damn. I thought we went through a lot at 6-7 litres / year... but that's like, 11 litres!
We put it in effin' everything! Salad seasoning, salmon teryaki, oatmeal, wafles, you name it, E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G :)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I have a problem with not getting outside to get exercise. Gyms, exercise bikes, paid for "fitness" programs, and that rot are inane.
100% agree. I used to do a lot of gym oriented workouts, and still will out of necessity, but wholeheartedly agree that a less intense exercise regimen outside is infinitely more therapeutic for me than anything inside could ever be.
Nah,. I

Whatchu get?
08 Honda Fit Sport. A highly sought after vehicle with an illustrious history.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Zee workz. Our department quarterly meeting is today,
Yep. Just started the build. Plan on bringing that bitch up to Canada when its done so you can show me and Jenn your trails.
Nice. That'll be a blast. When you come up, be sure to spend a few days in Quebec...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I did the same, you learn quickly. I've yet to own a car with an automatic transmission.

Best thing I found to learn at first was going to a flat parking lot and learning to let the clutch out without using any gas. Gives you a good feeling of when everything starts to engage. After that everything is mostly pretty easy. Can even rev match while down shifting in my winter boots.

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
I did the same, you learn quickly. I've yet to own a car with an automatic transmission.

Best thing I found to learn at first was going to a flat parking lot and learning to let the clutch out without using any gas. Gives you a good feeling of when everything starts to engage. After that everything is mostly pretty easy. Can even rev match while down shifting in my winter boots.
If you tell me a single monkey doesnt know how to drive stick then i have lost even more hope in humanity. I look to all you old ass monkeys for the great info you provide. I am let down and deeply hurt. Also shaking my head