Quantcast

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Our big annual state hunting and outdoor show has been canceled this year. The vendor wanted to ban assault style weapons and folks went apes**t. You may have heard, the story went national. I've been to this show in years past and I don't remember seeing too many assault style weapons. Meaning being, this show is heavily influenced by hunting and fishing gear and tackle. The assault style displays were not a big vendor in the past. But the boycott was set by Cabelas and many followed to the point where it needed to be canceled.
bap bap bap bap....... bap bap bap bap bap.

http://www.abc27.com/story/20668912/eastern-sports-and-outdoor-show-postponed?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+abc27-EditorPicks+(abc27+-+Editor+Picks)&google_editors_picks=true

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
why not continue to have the weapons in gunshows, but relegate their trade to a back room, like old school pr0n in video stores (remember those?)

just have to realize there are ppl who love their assault weapon fappings & treat them appropriately. i believe this is a watered down version of what eric holder lobbied for some years back (but he was a little more broad sweeping, i believe) - shaming the consumer

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
hmmmm... very few actual sales of "assault" rifles?

i'm starting to see a parallel here...

republicans defend the rights of the wealthy despite the extreme unliklihood of them ever actually becoming rich....

defending their right to own "assault" weapons despite not actually being able to afford one...

:tinfoil:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
shaming the consumer
We still don't have the effective Canadian style cigarette wrappers, I doubt the commercial lobby/NRA will let that happen either...

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My gun is loaded
My gun is my God
My gun has no sympathy
My gun is my God
See me bow and pray
See me bow and pray
And it's with me everywhere I go
Everywhere I go
And it tells me everything I know
My gun is loaded
My gun is my God
My gun offers nothing
My gun is my God

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
defending their right to own "assault" weapons despite not actually being able to afford one...
"afford"? how many "poor" people overspend by > $100/month on cell/cable/drank in perpetuity? a one time pop for a nicely equipped AR (off-brand; not armalite) is far cheaper

i think i'll have to part ways w/ my right wing brethren on ARs. if the reasoning for ownership is 'for funzies' (it can't reasonably be used self-defense when there are far more practical options), then how would they also say the avg citizen can't own a barrett?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
"afford"? how many "poor" people overspend by > $100/month on cell/cable/drank in perpetuity? a one time pop for a nicely equipped AR (off-brand; not armalite) is far cheaper

i think i'll have to part ways w/ my right wing brethren on ARs. if the reasoning for ownership is 'for funzies' (it can't reasonably be used self-defense when there are far more practical options), then how would they also say the avg citizen can't own a barrett?

how many poor people do you actually know?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
why not continue to have the weapons in gunshows, but relegate their trade to a back room, like old school pr0n in video stores (remember those?)

just have to realize there are ppl who love their assault weapon fappings & treat them appropriately. i believe this is a watered down version of what eric holder lobbied for some years back (but he was a little more broad sweeping, i believe) - shaming the consumer
Crap, dood! You are becoming a LIB...:fans:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Crap, dood! You are becoming a LIB...:fans:
i choose to see it as being consistently pro-life, presuming that an AR is designed w/ the primary purpose of taking human life. which to me means: if it's going to be used (e.g., police/military), it should be legally & morally justified beforehand, as the recipient would have surrendered his/her right to life

branch davidians may disagree, and i'm ok w/ that

can someone here echo what is regarded as justifiable ownership of an AR? cops/military keep them in an armory off-shift; seems to me that translates to no justification for personal off-duty use, but i could be mis-reading policy

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003

right questions
wrong interviewer

why does he have to be such a tool? he could make his point if he had the ability to self-modulate

who are these chicks?
this is who

Last edited:

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
then how would they also say the avg citizen can't own a barrett?
They had a Barrett (bolt action) for sale (non-BATF) at the local gun store........was cool to check out, but WTF does someone "need" that, other than say to make a center mass shot at 1500+ meters.

i choose to see it as being consistently pro-life
:thumb:

can someone here echo what is regarded as justifiable ownership of an AR? cops/military keep them in an armory off-shift; seems to me that translates to no justification for personal off-duty use, but i could be mis-reading policy
This dovetails nicely with comments I've been sprinkling around FB land regarding those meme's where the 19 year old solider/marine is holding his weapon and something like "XYZ says 19 year olds shouldn't have assault weapons". The fundamental error in that logic is that soldier/sailor/marine had an a$$ ton of training before they were even allowed to touch said weapon..........unlike the vast majority of AR owners.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
i choose to see it as being consistently pro-life, presuming that an AR is designed w/ the primary purpose of taking human life. which to me means: if it's going to be used (e.g., police/military), it should be legally & morally justified beforehand, as the recipient would have surrendered his/her right to life
I am surprised that this line of reasoning gets so little traction in this country. It strikes me as a consistent and principled position.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
ok, you have current knowledge: when given on-base housing, what are the rules for gun ownership? back in the day it was "check em at the armory", but i was living in the dorms. is single family housing the same? are there exceptions?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Not to mention logially consistant...............not a trait I've encountered with my far right fundamentalist gun loving Christian friends......
I'll believe it if the so-called pro-life are against capital punishment and bombing reproductive care clinics/shooting doctors to save pre-human fetuses at the expense of real human beings that help their community.

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I'll believe it if the so-called pro-life are against capital punishment and bombing reproductive care clinics/shooting doctors to save pre-human fetuses at the expense of real human beings that help their community.
capital punishment doesn't knowingly take innocent human life

as for abortion clinics & doctors: not only the numbers statistically irrelevant (6million:1 since Roe), the pro-life movement does not justify nor defend those actions.

"pre-human fetus"? i'll take these remarks as trying to distance these clumps of matter from that of a human. godwin approves.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
ok, you have current knowledge: when given on-base housing, what are the rules for gun ownership? back in the day it was "check em at the armory", but i was living in the dorms. is single family housing the same? are there exceptions?
AF bases require housing residents to register any weapons they maintain at the house with the housing folks who then pass it on to the Law Enforcement operations folks. Any time you go to a call a decent, responsible desk sergeant will check the housing roster and advise the patrolmen if there are weapons registered to the home. Dorm residents are required to keep weapons at teh SP Armory. 1st Sgts can remove weapons from the home, given probable cause.

I cant tell you how many calls I have been to where I was advised "No weapons in the home..." and I walk in and find a bunch of guns and ammo just laying about. Dorm sweeps too...mostly pistols, lots of airsoft and paintball guns and Rambo knives. Pink fuzzy handcuffs too, but thats for another thread...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
So much for Christian forgiveness for sinners. Kill'em all then.

"pre-human fetus"? i'll take these remarks as trying to distance these clumps of matter from that of a human. godwin approves.
With zero authority on reproductive science you can't arbitrarily call something human because that is what your random guess is based on false subjective feelings. A fetus is not human being just as an egg is not a insect, fish, bird, reptile, etc until its full developed. You can't rewrite biology out of ignorance.

However we can say you are not pro-life because you happily worked for the US defense complex as we killed over 100K innocent civilian human lives in Iraq to help our further national interests. You pulled for that lie on here the whole time. You are a fraud.

Last edited:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
pre-human fetus....that's a new one.

I had a very cut and dry view on abortion.....until I saw my daughter's ultrasound. I'm not sure what I had been expecting to see. But it wasn't what I saw. I was surprised how active she was...

I still support someone's right to choose. But that experience made it abundantly clear that I'd never be able to choose that option.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
When I was in, you couldn't keep any privately owned weapons in the barracks. My barracks were basically an apartment, I had to myself because I was a sergeant. If you had your own gun, you could have it locked up in the Arms Room at your unit, which is effectively a huge safe like at a bank. Effectively, you couldn't own one if you were enlisted and not married. Only married/officers got on-base housing, where you MIGHT be able to keep it at the house, but I seem to recall it had to be in the arms room if it was owned by anyone that lived on post.

Military weapons were locked up 24/7, unless they were actually in use in the field. When we transported places, we had racks that we locked them all on. Tightly controlled. All hell would have to break loose before they'd ever issue AMMO to you on any US ground, except at the range. In some cases where the arms room could not be secured for some crazy reason, like lock malfunction or something, they might post an armed guard with something like 5 rounds around the clock, but that was rare and almost never happened.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
pre-human fetus....that's a new one.

I had a very cut and dry view on abortion.....until I saw my daughter's ultrasound. I'm not sure what I had been expecting to see. But it wasn't what I saw. I was surprised how active she was...

I still support someone's right to choose. But that experience made it abundantly clear that I'd never be able to choose that option.
watch out mmike...the others might point and laugh....

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
With zero authority on reproductive science you can't arbitrarily call something human because that is what your random guess is based on false subjective feelings.
well, let's take that to its logical conclusion: since - as you & you alone state - authority is necessary to categorize, nor may you arbitrarily call it 'pre-human'.
A fetus is not human being just as an egg is not a insect, fish, bird, reptile, etc until its full developed.
this statement is absurd. does 'fully developed' mean adult? fully developed lungs in utero? survives an emergency c-section, living in the NICU for 12 wks? natural childbirth only? how can you state i cannot say what it is, yet lacking the same "authority" you feel perfectly at liberty to say what it is not?

You can't rewrite biology out of ignorance.
and you can't re-write logic out of blind hatred for the other-opinioned

However we can say you are not pro-life because you happily worked for the US defense complex as we killed over 100K innocent civilian human lives in Iraq to help our further national interests. You pulled for that lie on here the whole time. You are a fraud.
so let's see where you put the pro-life goal posts today:
- active duty military developing software for space weather program == not pro-life?
- separate from active duty to return to EXACT position as a civilian == not pro-life?
- 4th calendar year developing software for separation/adjudication of maimed/killed soldiers == not pro-life?
- pre-staging suicide-prevention program for the army (1 of dozens) == not pro-life?

so even though i never worked w/ avionics, weapons, intel, translating eavesdroppings, infrastructure, logistics, cartography, communications, AWACS, radar, personnel, guidance systems...i'm made a fraud merely by who signs my paycheck? i suppose if i had a cleaning business that serviced a military installation i'd be just as culpable as filling my tank funds terrorism. haven't seen a leap that impressive since jesse owens in munich

might want to give this a tumble; juicing isn't the only way to cleanse yourself of toxins

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
This. I would never knowingly abort a child that I was responsible for creating...BUT, I am not forcing my views on another.