Quantcast

Graviy East #3 Windham Race Report

Gravity East

Monkey
Apr 22, 2011

Gravity East Series Race # 3, Windham Mountain, Windham NY​

The Gravity East Series rolled into Windham Mountain for GES Race # 3 at Windham Mountain in Windham NY. It is located in the heart of the Catskills and for the second year in a row hosted the World and the UCI World Cup Mountain Bike Festival. There were over 17,000 screaming fans, 32 countries represented and the activities and festivities were broadcasted to over 60 countries and streamed lived over the internet via Freecaster.tv.

On an incredible weather weekend the GES hosted race # 3 on a separate course inside the World Cup venue and had 188 riders participate in the event.

In the Elite Women category Karen Eagan (Highland Mountain) from Lowell MA came out of her brief retirement edging out current GES point leader Anne Galyean (East Coast Gravity) from Chapel Hill NC by just a mere one tenth of a second to take the win. Eagan had not competed since October 2010 when she last raced in the GES Finals at Blue Mountain in Pennsylvania.

Elite Women

1st Karen Eagan (Highland Mountain) Lowell MA
2nd Anne Galyean (East Coast Gravity) Chapel Hill NC
3rd Rae Gandolf (Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.) Zanesville OH

In the Elite Men category a great competition took place with a very large turnout with some international flavor & youth. Chris Higgerson (Xprezo/TLD) from Deansboro NY led the field by over four seconds and took the win and represented for the USA. A pair of 17 yrs. old team mates from Ireland riding for the Nukeproof Junior Team came in 3rd & 4th.

Elite Men

1st Chris Higgerson (Xprezo/TLD) Deansboro NY
2nd Riku Lansko (GT Bikes) IRL
3rd Christopher “Kipper” McGlinchey (Nukeproof Jr. Team) Belfast IRL
4th Dan Sheridan (Nukeproof Jr. Team) Dublin IRL
5th Nathan “Tinman” Vials (Steve Peat Syndicate) London UK

An honorable mention goes to the following riders for being in the top fastest times off the top of the mountain but in a non-elite category.

1st Nikolas Dudukovich (One Ghost Ind.) Port Matilda PA Cat 1 18-Under 3:30.59
1st Chris Patton (Gravity Project) Bethel CT Cat 1 19-29 3:32.92

The Gravity East also held the “Lars Masters Challenge” benefit race with 100% of entry fees for the event being donated to the Arthritis Foundation, 27 30+ Men and Women competed following the GES race. The Gravity East is proud to continue to donate to a great cause.

Lastly congratulations to Aaron Gwin USA for winning the UCI World Cup DH race with a blistering time of 2.24.037 a solid 2.3 seconds off the nearest competitor.

The Gravity East Series rolls on for race # 4 in two weeks to Seven Springs Resort in Seven Springs PA the weekend of July 23 & 24.
For complete results, point standings and further information please visit our website at www.gravityeastseries.com or check us out on Face Book.

See You on the Mountain

Last edited:

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
I think i figured out why I lost my chain during my run.

I'm pretty sure I was drinking the night I put the bike back together and it's totally possible I forgot to route the chain over the lower roller of the MRP guide. It wouldn't be the first time, but it also wouldn't be the first time it's jumped out of there (where it was post-race run) either.

still excited to see any pics and video from the Race. What a great course and a great weekend!

monni

Chimp
Dec 9, 2009
Finland
2nd place in Elite men is Riku Länsiö, but that sure can be a hard one to get right. Oh and he is from Finland, not Ireland.