Quantcast

Good day

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Same old trails but I am sure the constant trail building will happen anytime soon but it was still a good day. No real sign of the rain from yesterday except a fallen tree on BMW, few people and perfect weather.

Terrier

Chimp
Sep 11, 2007
Same old trails but I am sure the constant trail building will happen anytime soon but it was still a good day. No real sign of the rain from yesterday except a fallen tree on BMW, few people and perfect weather.
so...no signs of mud at all?
I stayed home because I was betting on conditions that mirrored the first weekend (or was it the 2nd)??
Anyway, I tried to convince myself I was better off not going...
...didn't work....

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
so...no signs of mud at all?
I stayed home because I was betting on conditions that mirrored the first weekend (or was it the 2nd)??
Anyway, I tried to convince myself I was better off not going...
...didn't work....
You missed out. Obviously there was a LITTLE bit of mud, but it was nowhere near as soupy as opening day. Everything was open but Alpine and Indycross (I think), and it wasn't so muddy that you really lost speed anywhere.

The rain ended last night at like midnight/1 AM so I was pretty sure it would be pretty decent riding conditions. I love that the waterpark is closed now, makes everything so much better.

Luckynumber13

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
NJ
yeah it was pretty nice today, the conditions were pretty nice, defenitly dont regret it

was wet in only a few places, not bad at all, the only thing i could complain about is that the dirt seemed eroded, there were rocks everywhere

Does anyone know how that guy who fell on Phantom is feeling

I just saw his helmet, and it was all bloody. Hope he's alright

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
yeah it was pretty nice today, the conditions were pretty nice, defenitly dont regret it

was wet in only a few places, not bad at all, the only thing i could complain about is that the dirt seemed eroded, there were rocks everywhere

Does anyone know how that guy who fell on Phantom is feeling

I just saw his helmet, and it was all bloody. Hope he's alright
Right before he fell, a young lady had a nasty spill off flume drop. Hope she's ok as well. We were on the lift and just saw her bike come flying out of the trees. Scary stuff.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Right before he fell, a young lady had a nasty spill off flume drop. Hope she's ok as well. We were on the lift and just saw her bike come flying out of the trees. Scary stuff.
damn huckers! just because bender use to huck and crash doesnt mean its the cool thing to do...

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
yea id rather be pinned and crash, doesnt take as long.
true, and you dont get as hurt sometimes because looking at the ground for like 3 seconds definitely makes you fall the wrong way where as when your pinned as soon as you know your falling you just make your hands into a fist and look for a landing.

Tweety

Chimp
May 30, 2007
Thanks for asking. The little lady, my lovely bride, suffered a broken collar bone, 2 dislocated fingers, and probably a mild concussion, based on the nausea and headache she's been suffering for a day or so. They admitted her to the hospital, and still haven't released her due to the nausea. We've got a b!tch of a drive (NJ to ATL), so a day or so of good drugs and rest will hopefully take the edge off it. They actually airlifted her to Morristown b/c there's not a trauma unit nearer to Diablo. I think she was more miffed that the ER cut her Flak Jacket and wedding ring than anything.

The fellow that fell off Phantom was OK. He was also either airlifted or ambulanced to Morristown. He sliced his hand open pretty badly, and had a concussion, but was very coherent and not seemingly otherwise banged up.

Two things:
1) HUGE thanks to the EMTs at Diablo. They responded quickly and professionally, and HUGE thanks to Diablo for having them on site. Thanks also to everyone that helped on trail. Mountain bikers are the bomb.

2) Diablo rocks. We really enjoyed the trails before the accident. I love the mix of natural terrain, ladders and gNARLY rock gardens.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Thanks for asking. The little lady, my lovely bride, suffered a broken collar bone, 2 dislocated fingers, and probably a mild concussion, based on the nausea and headache she's been suffering for a day or so. They admitted her to the hospital, and still haven't released her due to the nausea. We've got a b!tch of a drive (NJ to ATL), so a day or so of good drugs and rest will hopefully take the edge off it. They actually airlifted her to Morristown b/c there's not a trauma unit nearer to Diablo. I think she was more miffed that the ER cut her Flak Jacket and wedding ring than anything.

The fellow that fell off Phantom was OK. He was also either airlifted or ambulanced to Morristown. He sliced his hand open pretty badly, and had a concussion, but was very coherent and not seemingly otherwise banged up.

Two things:
1) HUGE thanks to the EMTs at Diablo. They responded quickly and professionally, and HUGE thanks to Diablo for having them on site. Thanks also to everyone that helped on trail. Mountain bikers are the bomb.

2) Diablo rocks. We really enjoyed the trails before the accident. I love the mix of natural terrain, ladders and gNARLY rock gardens.

glad to hear that your still positive about it. hope she feels better and heals up.

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
aghhh sucks to hear about that. im sure shes pissed about the wedding ring too. but good to hear shes doing ok. Healing vibes!

C. Rider

Chimp
Sep 6, 2007
I hate to see riders getting hurt, i saw the guy who fall on the fired road from the lift, then i saw the guy that crash on phantom in my way down and then I saw the girl at the bottom of flume from the lift, crazy day.

I hope all of you guys heal up fast.

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY

Two things:

Big healing vixbes to all that went down this past weekend. Tweety, sorry to hear about the wifey. Hope she heals fast. I was the one giving you some guidance at the start of your day.

Tweety

Chimp
May 30, 2007
Big healing vixbes to all that went down this past weekend. Tweety, sorry to hear about the wifey. Hope she heals fast. I was the one giving you some guidance at the start of your day.

Thanks man, and thanks for the tips!

We're finally back in the ATL. The ride SUCKED, but I'm glad it's behind her. She's not thrilled with joining the "collar bone bump club". She's feeling better tho, and still stoked about her new (to her) Demo.

B

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have a bump on each side so its a perfect match but I am not sure if you should make that suggestion just now.

Was she the one on the black and green Demo?

Tweety

Chimp
May 30, 2007
I have a bump on each side so its a perfect match but I am not sure if you should make that suggestion just now.

Was she the one on the black and green Demo?
Yep, that'd be her. I think I'll hold on the suggestion. Looks like she's gonna be putting in a ton of miles on the trainer over the next few months!