Quantcast

Go Sanjay!!

Sgt Brown

Monkey
Feb 19, 2002
Trabuco Canyon, CA
stoney98 said:
I think we need to set up a "buy sanjay a helemt" fund, that way he can get exactly what he wants, and he can't complain tat it doesnn't fit.
I'm pretty sure Andrew Neethling gave Sanjay his old Giro Mad Max helmet last year in Durango. He never wears it. It may not fit anymore after the dread where cut off......? But, he's got one.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
stoney98 said:
That is a good point. I guess I need to fall back to my favorite quote of all times:
"Experience: That most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C.S. Lewis

Sanjay, learn from other people's experiences before you have to learn the hard way. Imagine in Waddell didn't have a fullface on? And he's a better rider than you. Fluke accidents occur, preventing those worst case scenarios can sometimes be so easy.

You do realize that if you get hurt because you don't wear a fullface it's like saying a big "fuk you" to all your friends and sponsors who support you because did not care enough about their worries of your safetly to listen.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for you to simmer on. Just think about walking up to Donnie and saying that "Fuk you, I don't care enough about you, to acknowledge your worries for my safety by wearing a full face", then Roger, Mike D, you parents, Alex, and everybody else who has ever stressed that you need to wear a fullface. Then think about wearing one and just how horrible it would be to wear a Troy Lee carbon that someone is willing to buy for you. Most people never get the ability to even wear one. Open your eyes and have some gratuity for those who want to see you succeed and SURVIVE!

-Stone
can i get an amen brotha? :p

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
we've offered him many free helmets and he simply refuses...soemthing about them being too hot and blocking his vision...plus I think he thinks it's more hardcore for him not ot wear one:think:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Transcend said:
Sanjay rocks the house to be sure, but please, someone try and convince him to wear a full face helmet?

Some kid in the pro class at mt snow destroyed himself in a moto helmet during race runs, i blew myself up as well. Without a full face i would be missing teeth and a jaw right now.

Sanjay, boss, wear a full face please.
My friend Perry (pink Intense/Outback team) wrecked himself in practice on Wednesday. Hit one of the "land mines" just after the start. The result? A level 2 brain bruise (fancy word for cuncussion I think), a chipped tooth, a bit tongue, a night in the hospital, a destroyed D2, BUT HE IS ALIVE AND WELL NOW!!!

He scared the crap out of the team mate he was riding with b/c he was uncontious with his eyes open and had blood dripping out of his mouth when they found him. Turns out the blood was from the bit tongue, but he was still out cold for ~1 minute. Luckily he was on his feet the next day.

IronhorseCT

Monkey
Feb 20, 2002
Trumbull,CT
I was on the lift when Perry went down..My heart was in my throat because he was infact lying there lifeless for what seemed like an eternity...I am happy to hear that he is well, but those same land mines would take out one of my "mates" with some shoulder/ rib stuff and kill another teamates racerun with a blowout...Strange thing is, it seemed like a pretty easy section, but add speed and you have trouble...

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Me and Travis were standing just down the course when Damien Sanchez went down in Pro finals. That was scary $hit! We helped carry him back up to the top w/ the EMTs. Then, after they re-opened the course Zink exploded in the EXACT spot but it looked worse. He got up from it but was definately shaken up. Mt Snow is a scary course when it's dry & fast!

-ska todd

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
dump said:
that a good one :thumb:
Thank you, thank you...I'll be here all week...

(wanna hear something really funny? I have a German/Asian-Indian friend named Gottfried, who has gone by "Moni" ["sunny" in his mom's language] since he was a baby. So I always assumed you were Indian until D told me otherwise. Even funnier, my friend Moni is from Pittsburgh, too.)

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
MikeD said:
Thank you, thank you...I'll be here all week...

(wanna hear something really funny? I have a German/Asian-Indian friend named Gottfried, who has gone by "Moni" ["sunny" in his mom's language] since he was a baby. So I always assumed you were Indian until D told me otherwise. Even funnier, my friend Moni is from Pittsburgh, too.)
that's craziness!
i'm not in pittsburgh anymore! i'm in SF now :)

Dylan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2002
San Diego area, California, USA
Way to go PHOTO-BITCH!!!! (he know's what i'm talkin about.......he was my photo-bitch at Snowshoe!.....sorta! haha)

anyway, i'm a bit late on my congrats to him for mt Snow, but f-it.....i'm sure he'll win again soon! I'll congratulate him there!

About his helmets.....yeah, he is one crazy SOB. screw the fit...well, you definately want a good fitting helmet, but i'd much rather wear an "uncomfortable" fitting full face than a skate helmet on a DH course!!! Unfortuantely he might soon learn their limitations (knock on wood). hell i've offered to even replace his roach-ass, cracked, zip-tied, pastey colored skate helmet....but he likes "PRO-TEC's"! I've gotta Bell skate lid here for ya FOOL! & it isn't cracked!!!

Anyways, he definately ripps!!! defiantely has a bright future in front of him. WAY TO GO.........PHOTO-BITCH!!! haha

cheers,

-D-

(FINALLY got myself a good digicam...still learning how to use it, but i'll be shooting a lot more now. here's some pics from SNOWSHOE. I'll try * update my site soon w/ a stack of photos from Big Bear & WV (sorry, didn't get to Mt Snow)......as long as i can steal some time away from the paintroom)

Attachments

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I (my roommate actually) gave him a brand new pro-tec probably 3 months ago, he says he only uses it for DJ :mumble:

If that guy kills himself i'll kill him.

he's an awesome rider and even a better person, but sh!t happens, as Waddell could attest. maybe if people just keep harassing him, he'll do it to shut people up. :D

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
ill give some insight.

Sanjay broke the bcd on friday, he then got todd's backup SGS on sat and never even practiced on it, DW then gave him his own Ironhorse DW link bike that he won on. And if i remember he was just sitting around doing nothing when he missed his podeum (sp?)

todd, which part did those 2 pros wreck bad on, im guessing its the same spot i ate it at.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Stoney and others, I am pretty sure that I have finally found a helmet that I would be comfortable racing in. I want to get myself a Troy Lee moto helmet. I feel way more safe when it comes to protecting my head wearing my old busted up skate lid than a D2. Yeah my face isn't protected, but my head is from concussions. I have popped right up from falls that I am sure others in D2's would have got knocked out.

Luc, I already sold that D2. It just paid for my race entry fees for SnowShoe, Mount Snow and other expenses I have had on my trip.

I did in fact race Weagle's bike at Mt. Snow. It fit me way better that Todd's medium SGS. I used Todd's bike for Fridays practice. It was just way too big for me too ride. I took 2 runs on it and fell about 10 times.

My BCD worked great for me at SnowShoe. It fits like a glove. I really like the way the suspension soaks up the hits and it pedals great. The rear end is super stiff and had plenty of mud clearance. The couple runs I took on it at Vermont were also great. It sucks up those fast, harsh, high speed hits great. While I liked Dave's bike, I cant wait to get back on my BCD and ride Whistler and then the Idaho and Snowmass nationals.

Oh and I missed my podium because myself and the people I was traveling with were trying to figure out how the hell we were going to get out trailer back to Phoenix. The person who drove us and the trailer took off without us (drama) and we were stuck trying to figure **** out. I was still able to go there and stand on the podium, but it was by myself.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Metal said:
Yeah my face isn't protected, but my head is from concussions. I have popped right up from falls that I am sure others in D2's would have got knocked out.
Sanj,

NO helmet can protect you from a concussion. Those happen when your head decellerates rapidly, but your brain's inertia keeps it moving and it smacks against the inside of your skull...

MD

D

Dingus McGee

Speaking of the Sanjay Media Empire, the new Decline has a Pixie and a Cruiser jump shot in their SOC coverage while MBA has nothing.

Noticed while Freereading in Safeway yesterday.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Dingus McGee said:
Noticed while Freereading in Safeway yesterday.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!

I had Black Diamond Freereading jib fest at the local bookstore, they have all the new rags yo!

D

Dingus McGee

punkassean said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!

I had Black Diamond Freereading jib fest at the local bookstore, they have all the new rags yo!
Word! I fully sessioned the rack, snaking Barneys and givin props to gromz.

Litter is the only Megazine I will pay for right now....when thing$ are phatt I will pick up Dizirt, etc.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
sanj, this is the 2nd year in a row you hit the road with a (ummm) challenged female (not including the snowmass/idaho leg of your trip...eh-hem). so wassup with that? your diplomacy to not mention their names is admirable.

very sweet shots dylan has of you from wv. my fave is the one on the right. really captures the eerie fog, thick woods, fierce conditions and your full-throttle zen style. i likes.

i agree with everyone here about your half-a-helmet and all, but i gotta say, downhilling in general is inherently dangerous and not a single one of us deny ourselves the fun just because it's less safe than flat land riding. you could easily tell us all to stop downhilling because it's dangerous. know what i mean?? it's a relief none-the-less to hear you've finally found something comfy to save that infectious smile from whatever a full-face might be able to protect.

rock on rock star!

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
chromegoddess said:

i agree with everyone here about your half-a-helmet and all, but i gotta say, downhilling in general is inherently dangerous and not a single one of us deny ourselves the fun just because it's less safe than flat land riding. you could easily tell us all to stop downhilling because it's dangerous. know what i mean?? it's a relief none-the-less to hear you've finally found something comfy to save that infectious smile from whatever a full-face might be able to protect.
The carnage I have seen from DHing is NOTHING compared to the carnage I have seen from road riding accidents. I don't think I need to go into any detail *shudders*. I handled insurance claims for my shop and met many people with some very nasty injuries. Mainly bike vs. car. Then there were all the repairs we would have after the big race weekends from people crashing.

I will always maintain that road racing/riding is 100X more dangerous than DH. A roadie may only crash only .01% as often as a DHer, but it only takes 1.