Quantcast

... --- ... GMT foo TMG ... --- ...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Tax time! Employer's part is done and sent out.

Red pine flooring oil finish application on tap for today.

-10Fu this morning. Good day to stay inside.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ride night, so of course it must snow today. I think that makes four wednesdays in a row with snow.

And I'm sure by tomorrow or friday it'll be raining again. :rolleyes:

Coffee....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Not working today. REI and Costco with some returns I’ve been waiting on, and then showing up in street clothes at work at noon for what should be a lively faculty council meeting.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

29 freedoms and says "feels like 16" thanks to this fucking wind. Was expecting moar snow but got jack shit. This weekend is looking choice. Might try and put the bike and pooch in Frita and road trip to Gateway Green for some laps.

Other than the 60 mile trip home after purchase, I have only driven her to and from storage 2 miles down the road. Now that she has brakes and insurance, I want to see how she does

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What an eventful morning so far!! I got up early and swam 4000 yards, then I had a dentist appointment to get a cranky tooth fixed, then I got to work and there was leftover bacon, eggs, sausage, and coffee from a earlier meeting, then I was excused from a three hour meeting this afternoon. What a day it's been already!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

New Orleans was awesome! It was shocking to see how the outskirts were still trashed from Katrina, and the infamous French Quarter was every bit as dirty and smelly as I’ve read, but the city has tons of charm for sure.

Wife and I ate our way through with beignets, gumbo, jumbalaya, fried chicken (best ever), blackened alligator, crawfish po’boys, and some creole pecan pie. Hot damn was that stuff tasty.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mornin!

New Orleans was awesome! It was shocking to see how the outskirts were still trashed from Katrina, and the infamous French Quarter was every bit as dirty and smelly as I’ve read, but the city has tons of charm for sure.

Wife and I ate our way through with beignets, gumbo, jumbalaya, fried chicken (best ever), blackened alligator, crawfish po’boys, and some creole pecan pie. Hot damn was that stuff tasty.
Never been to Louisiana, still on the list to get checked off. But there's a great Cajun place I go to every time I have to head to my company offices in Alabama.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
i'm trying to cut back, shit was getting out of hand.
I quite completely back in October and boy did I pick a shitty winter to do it. Rain every goddamn week and minimal bike riding. O' well the few times its actually been dry enough to ride I could really tell the difference but this shit weather makes me wanna drink...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Quit my jurb today. 6 years full time plus one year remote before that. Jesus it feels good. I really liked what I was doing but jesus the company was a toxic pool of burnout and incompetence. Kinda worried going from buying movies to programming tv is a bad career move but I'm signing a new contract next week, the new company has good pay (old one didn't), good hr policies and nice people (old one didnt) and possibility for advancement (old one didn't) plus it's well known worldwide but I work in a small team and it's walking distance from my flat and 2m from a Cafe owned by my friend where all my friends often visit.

So yeah as soon as I sign that contract with that fancy pen my friends gave me I'm lighting up that Cuban cigar my friend gave me and hopefully some good whisky drinking with all my friends follows.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Work levels in the office have dropped substantially. Managers are sending out emails, but everybody has CNN up on their monitors with running text, and our Bloomberg and CNBC monitors are all showing the hearing.

Spent last night working on getting my Bullet Journal started and I was able to make a dent into my to-do list in the process. The next few weekends are going to be task heavy, but it should allow me to get my list cleared up and start focusing on getting important things done. Hopefully this helps get me more focused and brings the ADD into control manually, because I can't have Adderal.

what's for lunch today?
Bratwurst and taco soup.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Quit my jurb today. 6 days full time plus one year remote before that. Jesus it feels good. I really liked what I was doing but jesus the company was a toxic pool of burnout and incompetence. Kinda worried going from buying movies to programming tv is a bad career move but I'm signing a new contract next week, the new company has good pay (old one didn't), good hr policies and nice people (old one didnt) and possibility for advancement (old one didn't) plus it's well known worldwide but I work in a small team and it's walking distance from my flat and 2m from a Cafe owned by my friend where all my friends often visit.

So yeah as soon as I sign that contract with that fancy pen my friends gave me I'm lighting up that Cuban cigar my friend gave me and hopefully some good whisky drinking with all my friends follows.
hey man, i thought you'd been quiet lately. i know you'd been unhappy at your work, glad to see you finally decided to jump ship.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Work levels in the office have dropped substantially. Managers are sending out emails, but everybody has CNN up on their monitors with running text, and our Bloomberg and CNBC monitors are all showing the hearing.
i really should have bought in my air popper.