Quantcast

Getting Atomlab on the phone.

zachattack

Chimp
Feb 17, 2010
My wheel came messed up. Have emailed and called Atomlab to no avail for about a month now. Any advice? Dealer says its not there problem. Is there an Atomlab bat-line anyone knows about?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Good luck. I have been trying to get in touch for 2 months for illegal photo usage. My attorney will be attempting to contact them now. Maybe they will respond to that?

reidhresko

Chimp
Jun 27, 2006
PRB
had a hub issue and called the number maybe 60 times. Always goes to some dude's full voice mailbox. If you bought it through a dealer or store, try to get them to deal with it. Getting atomlab on the phone = not gonna happen.

zachattack

Chimp
Feb 17, 2010
Well ****. Looks like I'm s.o.l. The shop won't help, and the wheel is totally not able to be used. I never even rode it. The hub is drilled incorrectly and the bearing is loose. F*ck.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
find a new shop
Joking aside, this IS the shop's problem, not yours. Even if you "special ordered" the item, that doesn't absolve the retailer of responsibility.

Feel free to tell us the name of the shop who isn't helping you out with this problem.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Why are they still in business? All I hear from them is crappy producs and NO customer support. I understand people not knowing but shops should drop them for all the trouble they cause.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I sent you the guy I dealt with- he was super duper helpful and I'm surprised you're getting ****ty service now, honestly. You may also want to try facebook, as I believe the same guy now owns corsair and operates both atomlab and Corsair facebook pages.

He responded 3 hours ago to somebody else, so you'll probably have better luck.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Mike is a stand up dood all the way, so not sure why you haven't heard back. I bet he will take care of you, hes quite good, at least in my experiences.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hope it works out. I emailed them expecting to hear nothing, but he responded personally. I sent him a few shots of my then ~9 year old pedals, and he told me the parts I needed and sent them out to me for very cheap. He also threw in a fist-sized bag of pins- more than any one person could ever need, because he had them lying around...for free.

The service you're getting is more of what I expected to happen, but when he responded promptly and personally to my emails, I became a fan of the company.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Contact Lizard Skins. I believe they are (were) the Atomlab distributor, and they helped me get some support and ultimately some service parts a couple years back.

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
Contact Lizard Skins. I believe they are (were) the Atomlab distributor, and they helped me get some support and ultimately some service parts a couple years back.
they stop distributing them about 2 years ago. they may have some parts lying around but that's about it

mtbman1127

Monkey
Mar 10, 2008
Raleigh, NC
man sucks to hear that. I have never had any issues with them. Heck they even sent me a handfull of spokes for free the last time i cased a jump with my pimplites. I hope you get your problems resolved promptly.

zachattack

Chimp
Feb 17, 2010
I contacted them through facebook and got an EXTREMELY fast response. He is sending me a UPS shipping label today. I am very impressed with Mike at Atomlab. Thanks to Sandwich for the ideas on getting a hold of someone there.

Carcinogen

Chimp
May 5, 2011
Seattle
are you pre-tarded?

More small companies are running their biz off facebook and taking advantage of the interwebz newest craze.....if you can't figure that out you are not smart.
So you are saying that I should have to open a FB account just to get customer service? Also if that was the case shouldn't it be on their website?

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
wrong...

I forgot on RM that it is important to qualify any statement with the utmost detail and research. I should also say my statement is more of an opinion than a fact but these are a few of my observations:

- in my experience I have been seeing more and more of this
- it typically applies to small custom businesses owned by one or two people
- and FB is not used exclusively but rather the primary

Feel free to disagree if you have had other experiences. This is just a "trend" I have been noticing but haven't read anything official about it :rolleyes:

are you pre-tarded?

More small companies are running their biz off facebook and taking advantage of the interwebz newest craze.....if you can't figure that out you are not smart.

Yeah but to ONLY respond to customers in this way seems strange.
I'm all for the little guy hustling his goods in creative ways but to only use facebook is uber ghey.
Since atomlab uses the internet for facebook access why cant he(they) reposnd to emails after a while.
Not everyone has a facebook acount btw.

JayBear

Monkey
wrong...

I forgot on RM that it is important to qualify any statement with the utmost detail and research. I should also say my statement is more of an opinion than a fact but these are a few of my observations:

- in my experience I have been seeing more and more of this
- it typically applies to small custom businesses owned by one or two people
- and FB is not used exclusively but rather the primary

Feel free to disagree if you have had other experiences. This is just a "trend" I have been noticing but haven't read anything official about it :rolleyes:
All those words and nothing said.. You get a star..:thumb: