Quantcast

GEEEESSSS!!!! To Think!!!!!

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
I can use up a lot of old tubes for $30, and I won't feel bad if it gets ripped, torn or lost. My tube fenders are usually a bit narrower than that too, to reduce the risk of trapping a rock or mud between the "fender and the stanchion.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Forgive my Cali coast mud riding ignorance, but do these things and their tube-based forefathers work well? As well as a hideous moto-style fender?
Anything helps...I know that when I used to ride with fenders on my bullit and chameleon it made a huge difference. We just didn't have any mud to ride in last year so we don't remember what it's like.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Forgive my Cali coast mud riding ignorance, but do these things and their tube-based forefathers work well? As well as a hideous moto-style fender?
I'd almost say better than a hideous moto fender, and it's not going break in a crash (like my Marz fender did this past weekend...hence the comparison)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So you pay 25 dollars more for that big ass ugly logo on the front of your bike?

Between headtube, stem, bars, headset, shifters and brakes, one thing my bikes do NOT need is more logos on the front.
my frame's head badge was created from a Pabst can. it rules.

Attachments

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
we took it one step further here in the good ol AZ. Duct Tape works great for a fender. 3 pieces and no having to use a tube. The best part is that you can write on it with a sharpie and heckle your peers.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
we took it one step further here in the good ol AZ. Duct Tape works great for a fender. 3 pieces and no having to use a tube. The best part is that you can write on it with a sharpie and heckle your peers.
The bigger question is why in the hell you need a fender in Arizona?
Do the drunk indians do a raindance for ya?;)

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
heavy monsoon activity this season, all our races in Colorado were wet this season. somthing about practicing in the wet and racing in the dry at every race.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
To think we have been cutting DH Tubes to make mud guards for our forks for some years now and no one came out with this before now..... I have to hand it to them, I didn't even think to Marketing something like this.

More about the product here:
http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/newsflash-new-mtb-neoprene-mud-guard-neoguard/
Yup, I spoke with those guys last week and have one coming to try out in about a week. Will report back. Currently they only have 2 handcut prototypes in. First production run comes out around nov 15ish.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
Anything helps...I know that when I used to ride with fenders on my bullit and chameleon it made a huge difference. We just didn't have any mud to ride in last year so we don't remember what it's like.
Yep, and even when it does rain we don't get real mud. More like wet grip tape, which is not quite as good as moist grip tape.