Quantcast

Furniture and you

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Snagged a microfiber couch, loveseat, and rocker a couple years ago. Got the scotch guard deal on it. Its survived baby puke on several occasions, as well as the normal drink spills. Dark brown solid color with recliners/foot rests that pop out on every end seat. When you put the feet out and recline the backs on the loveset, it nearly turns into a giant bed.

Only downside to the microfiber is it's hot to sit in the summer.

Absolutely haggle about prices with the furniture sales staff. I found them pretty willing to entertain just about any reasonable offer. Think we got our set for about $300 less than what they were asking. 0% for 12 months is good too.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan

I have this but in a different colour, was about $1800 from memory. Bought with a matching 3 seater sofa ($2000?-have to ask the missus). She convinced me to go expensive (for me) when we bought our house and I haven't regretted it.

andym

Chimp
Mar 30, 2004
va
We had furniture delivered to our house this morning. The salesman said they would be at our house between 7-11am. At 6:55 I'm feeding the cats and hear a truck outside. We got a deal on 2 couches and a chair from Rooms to Go for $884. Probably not the best quality stuff but when the girlfriend will probably want to replace it in 2 years then why not go cheap?

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
This store has made me accept that it is okay to like furniture...

http://www.lookmodern.com/

We bought a mid-century house this year; 1951, super excited about it. Somewhere between granny and modern. Filling it will take some time, but architect GF is enjoying curating the place. A few old CL finds below, have been moved to the building pictured below. Those ceilings and mantle are mint green, and the walls are covered with 1'x1' mirrored panels. Actually, almost the whole house was.

The best part of the house is that I have indoor fireside BMX opportunities...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The best part of the house is that I have indoor fireside BMX opportunities...

oh dear lord you better get that ladder out ASAP and start riding. I would kill to have a house with an indoor, bmx friendly pool. Literally, I would be ok with ending someone's life for it.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Johah Lidberg mixes in some jawesome flatland.. damn nice.
Yeah, I'd never heard of him until I bought the video a few years back. My favorite section in that video by far, and there are several great sections. Just reminds me of getting out and riding on my own on a nice day in the city. Does not, however, remind me of my (lack of) skills...

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
My dad was a furniture maker for like 10 years so like half the stuff in my house he made. It will be nice when I move out too, I will be able to build everything I need.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Can I come skate your pool? Love pool skating, it gives me a chubby.