Quantcast

fts friday

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey has decided to join us for Haley's race in Grand Junction at the end of July. She's scheduling the hotel and finding things to do for the afternoon when we get there (Thurs) and the evening after practice (Friday).

Pretty stoked that she has finally decided to come out to a race. Amusingly this it the most remote and time consuming of all the races Haley has all season. Skipping practice and going straight to racing. Aggressive.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Front rotors and calipers on the 4runner.

Toyota updated caliper bolt size in 2016, I have a 2015, with 2016 bolt size.

Can't find that being changed kinda sucked having the thing apart and finding the bolt won't go in the new caliper.

I think this is my last brake job on a car, just not worth it to me anymore.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got the lawn and crap done quick enough to allow for a ride.

Now up north on said ride. Bear warning, but where's the warning for the raccoon sized mosquitos??

Double black tech to warm up....looks slick Rick

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Oh what a great way to start the weekend. Ruth picked up some really high quality steaks. Rib Eye for me , Filet Mignon for her. Did a dry rub of Sea Salt, Pepper and , sweet mesquite seasoning. Hickory BBQ briquettes in the webber kettle for indirect heat. 8 minutes on a side until they hit 135F, nice and rare. Fresh corn on the cob rubbed in butter. It was so good I ate it all not stopping to take a picture. Beer time

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I found an unopened pac of Swiss cheese in the cabin refrigerator. Had a cheese on wheat wrap. Mmmm free calories.
I recall on one of my easy days on TD eating two entrees somewhere then heading back to my cabin and ordering a pizza and couple of pints of ice cream to chase it down :D

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
nothing like getting so worked that no matter how much you ate you lost weight. We rode our Tri Bikes down Hwy 1 from Oregon to Los Angeles doing the motel thing. 8 days 900 miles doing between 100 and 138 miles per day. We ate like pigs and still lost 10-15 pounds each. damn I miss those days

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
made it to ct. nostalgic visit to tiny hometown. there was a beergarden social at the little library and some old lady invited me for a beer as i was walking around reminiscing. while i couldn't wait to get out of that tiny town as a 13yo, god damn was i lucky in hindsight. what an idyllic little place.

currently chilling at a brewery in the next town over waiting for some certainly INauthentic mexican food for dinner and enduring a crappy classic rock cover band while i wait...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cooked at my friend's lunch spot. His cook is in the Hospital. I may try dinner service tomorrow. I made the employee meal. Pan fried Haddock French over Pilaf or Spinach pasta and peas. Scored a bottle of Gran Vouvray for my efforts. I haven't cooked for anyone or used a sharp knife since before covid.