Quantcast

$$FriDaY GMT$$

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
^ I would fear entangling that in the front wheel

Morning! Last night ride was humid as fvck, today is shaping to be the hottest day of the season yet. It is BALLS hot there and it's not even 8:30AM yet. I think I'll skip Thunder this weekend - it's gonna be balls hot there, too.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
vacation starts at the end of the day. the fuckit quotient is high, but the boss keeps piling on the work. :think:

oh well, I get it, there's lot's to do. So onwards and upwards!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Note to self, 2017 birthday party planning:

1. Never do a kid's summer birthday party during the week: it's hot, it may rain, cranky kids will show up from being outside in all day summer camp. Do it on a weekend when the kids are fresh and you are, too.

2. Never order corporate pizza for party, even if your commercial driven kid pleads for it: it sucks, the pies are microscopically small and the company will demand to see your ID before they turn over the pizza. Really. Small pizza will further infuriate cranky kids when the food runs out prematurely (see above).

(Beyond that, party was awesome, Kid #1 had a good time!)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
HAPPY FRIDAY YALLLLLLL.

May there be less work and more riding for all!

I feel like a bag of bricks today. Supposed to do a quick ride tonight with a buddy.

I'm thinking DH tomorrow if the weather holds up...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Another rehearsal last night way the hell down in Highlands Ranch (Mountain Vista HS). Therefore I am le tired after that plus a busy day at work.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies! If I had known how to work the camera in my new phone I would have had an awesome rattle snake in the trail picture to post... you'll just have to take my word for it. It was average size, not coiled and not in a hurry to move. It rattled a bit when it finally left the trail.

Today's plans include rest, I've had 4 decent rides this week, tomorrow will make 5. :)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Finally got up for a early morning ride to ride with some of my friends. Warm morning but a good ride. Then dropped off the kids at camp and rode to work with the wife. Very hot day today but humidity not too bad. I could drink a ice cold beer right now though. Something like this

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
My work ID badge/key card randomly stopped working about a week ago, and got my replacement an hour ago. I punched a hole it so it would hang the long/portrait orientation from my keyback (that also has a few keys), as it only comes with a cutout to hang it the horizontal/landscape orientation, which annoyed me. Badge no longer opens doors as I managed to punch a hole through the inner brains.

Someone isn't going to be pleased.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I just fired an employee. Not a fun thing to do, especially when the employee is a perfectly nice person. I had to do it, but now I feel like shit.

Anywho, life goes on. I've got an Olympic triathlon Sunday and the weather is looking beautiful for a late-July race.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

1. Never do a kid's summer birthday party during the week: it's hot, it may rain, cranky kids will show up from being outside in all day summer camp. Do it on a weekend when the kids are fresh and you are, too.

2. Never order corporate pizza for party, even if your commercial driven kid pleads for it: it sucks, the pies are microscopically small and the company will demand to see your ID before they turn over the pizza. Really. Small pizza will further infuriate cranky kids when the food runs out prematurely (see above).

I've had good luck with make your own pizzas but only if you have AC in the summer time.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Hooray for Friday (means camping weekend with the family)! Big storms last night so I went to the gym while the kids had gymnastics. I am so out of shape....starting to worry about being able to enjoy a very long ride planned in a month

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Finally got up for a early morning ride to ride with some of my friends. Warm morning but a good ride. Then dropped off the kids at camp and rode to work with the wife. Very hot day today but humidity not too bad. I could drink a ice cold beer right now though. Something like this

That looks delicious. And its only 12. :dead::panic::shakefist::think::wait:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Only 12?

I am pretty sure you can drink beer at all times of the day. Ok maybe a coffee with breakfast is better but from then on it all fair play.
My workplace has a dumb no drugs/alcohol policy. Otherwise the fridge would be stocked!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yay. Another buddy just signed up for the ride tonight. And I know his fridge is filled with beer and good food. :brows:

This day could not go slower.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
'Morning. I just fired an employee. Not a fun thing to do, especially when the employee is a perfectly nice person. I had to do it, but now I feel like shit.

Anywho, life goes on. I've got an Olympic triathlon Sunday and the weather is looking beautiful for a late-July race.
Involuntary termination is the suck but sometimes nice people are just bad at their jobs... it takes me about 90 days to let someone go after I have informed them that their work is not satisfactory. If they choose not improve or are simply not capable of improvement then it's all on them. Letting dead weight go is always a net benefit to the team and I need to focus on those paying the bills.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley's sick, so I've been working in the yard all day while she zones out the Paw Patrol.

Got to whip out the old man/Dad card at some teenagers across the street. They've been making a ton of noise and bumping gangster rap loud enough that it bothers Wifey while she's working. Turns out, kid has an old-ass base model Saturn and his was getting his "thug dance" on in the street. Politely yelled to him: "Dude it's a Saturn. Do you really want to draw extra attention to yourself?" Music was turned down and it hasn't gone up since. :horns:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
post ride stoke level is also high. 4000' climbing for two fun old school descents (Beehive and Raiders for the NC monkeys). Creek beers were drunk. Just ordered indian food...most excellent.