Quantcast

Fresh track for Worlds training in Châtel

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
It was getting hard to watch the WC season go by without any racing so we made a fresh track with a real timing system with splits, course tape and marshals. We invited a bunch of pros and had 3 days of real world testing and tuning. It was pretty sweet and felt like a mini World Cup. Here’s the video.

I invited the freeriders to push the racers and in the end Vinny T qualified for Worlds. Go Vinny!

A9F99DEC-247F-4B20-90A6-FBB6498DC273.jpeg

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
It was getting hard to watch the WC season go by without any racing so we made a fresh track with a real timing system with splits, course tape and marshals. We invited a bunch of pros and had 3 days of real world testing and tuning. It was pretty sweet and felt like a mini World Cup. Here’s the video.

Hellz yeah. I would like to ride this "track" of which they speak.

Also...y u dress your team like giant gangly smurfs?

Also, the 'murican monkeys expect to see you at Snowshoe next year...assuming there still is a 'murica after November. @jackalope will be your point person for entry and entertainment.

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Hellz yeah. I would like to ride this "track" of which they speak.

Also...y u dress your team like giant gangly smurfs?

Also, the 'murican monkeys expect to see you at Snowshoe next year...assuming there still is a 'murica after November. @jackalope will be your point person for entry and entertainment.
Fucking A!!! I would so love to celebrate bikes with you guys at Snowshoe!!!
Surprisingly enough many people like the white and blue..... I’m not part of that group. Rather than argue about the hottest color ways, I prefer to make sure the bike works well suspension and geometry wise. Also, they are well aware that I’m not super picky so long as we make black bikes and black clothing...

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/

I invited the freeriders to push the racers and in the end Vinny T qualified for Worlds. Go Vinny!

View attachment 150268

is there a POV video of the track?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
On Pinkbike it said that Marine Cabirou was there as well. Didn't she diagnose with Covid fairly recently? Is she healthy again?

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Yes, she was there absolutely sending it! She had the Covid a while back and has been tested multiple times since then. She has been feeling strong for a bout a month. She said she felt like she had no energy for 2 weeks but then her energy came back. Flo Payet also had it and took him almost 3 weeks to be healthy again.

All the WC DH athletes and team members have to have very recent negative test results in order to get into Austria and race Worlds. It’s a big logistical challenge for everyone to get results within the 2 day window.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Marine made a strong race at the p2v invitational. She took all the big jumps and drops with style while Tracey, the only other female, went for a much safer ride...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

View attachment 150268
looks like fun. But is it a "legit" "full-on" "world cup track"?!?!

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
looks like fun. But is it a "legit" "full-on" "world cup track"?!?!
I think so and we could make it much faster with bigger jumps pretty easily. In steep and greasy places like Chatel it is easier to make a hard track than an easy track, imo. That’s not my idea of fun but whatever that means....

Also, I was joking about Vinny T qualifying for the French Worlds team. His red Marzocchi fork on the blue and white frame looked like he was ready to rep La France.

Last edited:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament

Niiiiice!
Can't wait to get back up there and have a play on that (Maybe not the road gap, cos I can't jump big stuff for shit, & once you hit 50 you don't bounce no more).
Hopefully August 2021.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Niiiiice!
Can't wait to get back up there and have a play on that (Maybe not the road gap, cos I can't jump big stuff for shit, & once you hit 50 you don't bounce no more).
Hopefully August 2021.
The good line on the road gap was pretty difficult and you landed in ruts and off camber. The track is a lot more challenging that it looks like on video. Gimme a ring if you come out next summer.