Quantcast

Fresh Deity on Sicklines.com

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Eric had said the new stuff was gonna be fly, and I've got to agree.
New pedals please :thumb:

http://www.sicklines.com/2010/04/22/2010-deity-components/#more-8199

Lightweight concave magnesium body
Thin 17mm profile
DU bushing and double micro sealed bearing axle
Machined red anodized aluminum pins
Proprietary forging design for Deity only
Claimed weight: 357g
MSRP: $100
New saddles look tasty.

And a new frame for the DJ crew.

Edit: How did I miss this?!
Cranks and BB

Redesigned from the ground up
48T splined system
Reinforced spline boss on the front
Double butted Cromo arms
3D laser cutting process at all welds
Lengths: 165mm, 170mm, 175mm
Colors: Light blue, White, Black
Claimed Weight: 629g (with hardware)
MSRP: $124

External BB for 3 piece cranks
CNC machined from 6061 T6 aluminum
Compatible with 68, 73, and 83mm shells
Oversized spanish bearings
Comes with spacers for all shells
Claimed Weight: 164g
MSRP: $45
Hell, that is $169 for a crank set and BB weighing in at 793 grams!
...and a great looking setup at that.
Fvck me!

Last edited:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Im liking the topsoil bars; while all you shorties are slamming your front end with flat bars, my giant butt is in XC position on a DH bike! JACK UP THEM BARS WOOT!

Thank you, that is ~all.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Looks killer! can't wait to deck out the Superco with new Deity goods!

Those peds are the magnesium version, those pins will not be on the al ones. I'm guessing those castle top pins are necessary for the mag peds for a better anchor on the pedal. Alu pins too, fine for my DJ bike, not so much for DH.

Find a pic of the sprocket to go with those hot cranks!!! Just as cool!

Last edited:

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
Wow I haven't seen those cranks yet either, looks like I will be getting a set of those.
The pedals and direct mount stem also look good, but the new dirty-thirty's look god awful IMO

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Looks killer! can't wait to deck out the Superco with new Deity goods!

Those peds are the magnesium version, those pins will not be on the al ones. I'm guessing those castle top pins are necessary for the mag peds for a better anchor on the pedal. Alu pins too, fine for my DJ bike, not so much for DH.

Find a pic of the sprocket to go with those hot cranks!!! Just as cool!
You stole Doc from us! We want him back!

Signed,

NYC

Where the heck is that waaaahmbulance?!

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Looking at all the stuff at Sea Otter first hand, I was really impressed. The fit and finish of their components has reached a higher level. The direct mount stem and black-lable bars stood out the most.

And that hardtail was really nice in person too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
question about the cranks... does the claimed weight of 793g include a spider? or do they make a sprocket that is multi speed chain friendly that is less than the weight of a spider + chainring?

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I am in the market for a new set of DH cranks and after all the reviews and my own research I have pretty much landed on getting a new set of Saint cranks/bb. However, after seeing these it got me thinking. It looks like cost and weight are very comparable between the two (cranks + bb + chainring). Is there a big difference in strength? I know Saints are strong but I am guessing the cr-mo arms are even stronger and they have a lifetime warranty.

Anyone have any experience on the older version of the Vendetta crank set? What are the pros and cons as it may relate to a more “traditional” set up like the Saints?

BTW, this new stuff does look killer. I can see those pedals on my bike before the end of the year. Very nice.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I had the older Deity cranks. They took a bit of tinkering to get set up right and keep tight. The Vendettas were supposedly a big upgrade, but I don't have any 1st hand experience.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Agreed.
That version would be sweet on my hardtail, and the regular version would be straight on my dh rig.
Their new stuff actually looks good.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Wow, some of that kit looks great.
I can't believe how many different companies are selling different versions of those pedals. What factory makes them? Not that this is bad, especially if you have the ti axles. They're a good shape, and thin and relatively light even for the ally/steel axle ones. The mag/Ti,ally versions must be close to the lightest possible.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Diety's really looking good, can't wait til its all available ... should be just a few more weeks ....according to the site.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Brown delivers the goods like Rob Halford.

Pedals are light! They are a bit smaller than I expected, but time will tell.

The Topsoil bar is nice. Gonna put that 29" high-rise on the trail bike.

The Enoki grips feel nice. Like moose heads, I can't wait to mount em.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wow, I figured if I baited that hook it would catch something, I just didn't think it would be so soon.
don't 'bate with hooks. especially the hooks I know you have.

also, why the enoki grips? I've tried grips with that pattern before and wasn't too crazy about them. I'm running the classics right now and am very happy with them actually.

edit: it's been a slow day. see my hot sauce espresso poll for further proof

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
went Enoki to try something different. slim grips feel too slim for my meatpaws, and i've got the sunline fatty's right now, but i'm growing displeased with them. was gonna go back to standard, but the Enoki looked interesting. i like the hex profile. i was worried they'd be too squishy, but the livingroom test says probably not, and that the size is comfy. i'll have a ride report on them as soon as i have a ride. there is a big annual hook meeting this weekend, so it will be next weekend before they see any trail time.

Pslide

Turbo Monkey

straight out of the big book of far east compents
I don't think little bike companies can afford the costs of the tooling, so the manufacturer will cover the tooling costs in exchange for letting them share the design around. Thus you get catalog parts. Or at least I think that's how it works.

Would be interesting to know if the Deity boys designed it or someone else.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
HT produces probably most of the little brands pedals and is probably the biggest pedal producer in the world, volume wise :)
Maybe 4th at a stretch, Wellgo, VP, and Shimano are huge and there are a couple other big players too.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Well, I mounted up the Enoki grips and the Decoy pedals and did a curbside test drive. The Enoki grips feel great; not too big, not too much sponge. The Decoy pedals feelt super light when I picked them up. On the bike, they are a little small feeling; the pin spacing isn't much different from the Crampons I just swapped out, with the biggest difference being that the Deity pedals have a shorter distance from the axle to the rear pin row. They do feel nice and grippy on the 5.10 shoes though, and I'd even say more so than the Crampons (1st gen).

Trail test this weekend.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Set up my Deity stuff last week, Black Label bars cut down to 30", DM stem, Decoy V2 pedals, V3 cranks 165mm, external BB, 36t chainring.
The cranks were super hard to get on and off the spindle the first time.

After 2 days riding on the stuff. The cranks are stiff and really put the power down. The Decoy V2s grip very well especially with 5.10s. I had Point 1 Podiums and my feet would pop off in rockgardens, not a problem with the Decoys.
The bars are a perfect rise and bend for me but I always liked the Dirty30s. The stem although it is a little heavy, it is the stiffest I have tried yet. I have had Point 1 dm, Twenty6 dm and Sunline dm.
The Fanthom dm and BL bars really give a great feeling and control on the front end of my Giant Glory 2010 with Boxxer Team.
I know the weight wennies will complain the stem and cranks are a little heavy but the control and durability are worth it to me.