Quantcast

Freelap Status?

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
My freelap watch seems to have mysteriously quit working. The watch appears to function fine but won't detect the wands. I put fresh batteries in the wands but no luck. As soon as I press start on the watch, rather than flash "run" at me, the timer just starts, and doesn't stop at the bottom wand. I don't think one of the wands is damaged because neither seems to do anything.

Freelap-usa.com seems to be MIA...

Anyone have any similar issues or have experience dealing with them?

This little thing is sick I need to start actually using it over the winter!

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
If thats true, thats a shame. Guess the idiots that think a Ti spring is a sure fire route to a win over the Freelap system could be to blame. Hell of a system for training racers. Other than the price (which may have been enough) I can't see why it failed.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
I'm gonna try to contact them through one of the other websites and see how it goes.

Hopefully I can get it running without having to buy a new watch.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt

I just skimmed through it right before you posted that. Didn't find anything about resetting but I figured it out foolin around for a little bit.

Doesn't seem to have worked but I need to check the batteries in the wands again since they've been "on" since I figured out the watch crapped.

oh and fyi, Freelap Canada was super prompt with a helpful reply. They are covering freelap usa until new distribution is lined up. Assuming I can track down a proof of purchase he said they'll do their best to help out.:thumb:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
hahaha why did you take down that post?

so hows Bos America doing? you left that part of my quote out

edit: that comment solidified my original point

Last edited:

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
I think it is the procedure for erasing all the stored data, i think i just had to push down all the buttons for a couple off seconds. This has happend twice for me and it has worked both times.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
My brain is screwy sometimes, but I could swear everything used to advertise the watch for $129 and the wands for roughly $100. I never bought one, so I'll just move along now.

cglaeser

Chimp
Feb 7, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Doesn't seem to have worked but I need to check the batteries in the wands again since they've been "on" since I figured out the watch crapped.
Yes, check the batteries in the transmitters to ensure they are good. Also, you can check the battery in the watch by using the back light. Let me know if you need additional assistance.

Dwdrums00

Monkey
Mar 31, 2007
I have a brand new freelap watch and two polls for sale if anyone is interested. Everything is new and in the box; PM if you are interested.