Quantcast

Fox 38

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
So is it the stanchions again, does anyone know if the non Kashima stanchions on the 36's had issues?
I know some had a bad steerer to crown interface.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Is the zeb the ebike version? Its mentioned on a few listings for the 2021 Trek Rail.

Is the zeb the ebike version? Its mentioned on a few listings for the 2021 Trek Rail.

$11K US, ignoring taxes, for an electric whale...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Not just for ebikes. It's srams answer the the 38, or something. Whether it comes with creaking steerers or plastic internals or if oil is optional is tbd

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Unrelated but up and coming youtuber Cameron Zink says save your money and get a marzocchi 58 instead of the fox 40.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Daaaaaaaang. Wonder if he will land a sponsor soon. He's got some dope edits
He should join competitions wherein he can display his mastery of bicycle tricks. It just might help him get more subscribers as well as these sponsors you talk about.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Not complete without sram word salad:

"A properly designed 15mm axle can be as stiff or stiffer than a 20mm axle"
I see your "properly desinged" and I raise you an "aesthetic considerations":

RockShox said:
The larger diameter stanchions and stiffer overall chassis are best suited to long travel Enduro bikes (170-190mm) and also eMTB’s. The overall aesthetic of ZEB means the fork is suited to larger diameter frame tubes such as those found on eMTB’s.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
The arch looks rather ugly on Zed.

But I’ll probably run one on my next bike. I like my Lyrik a lot. And I don't think I've ever had a creaky RockShox CSU.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
"We didn't do that here but we just wanted you to know we could have"
A properly designed inverted fork can be just as stiff as a traditional.

All it takes is more $$$ for design and execution.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
A properly designed inverted fork can be just as stiff as a traditional.
All it takes is more $$$ for design and execution.
Stiff as a traditional is easy if you ignore the increased weight to get there. The last version of the inverted Ohlins (never released) was impressively close on the weight and stiffness of a traditional fork. I can‘t remember for sure but I think the axle was 25 or 30mm.

Who needs a fork stiffer than a 40?

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
Stiff as a traditional is easy if you ignore the increased weight to get there. The last version of the inverted Ohlins (never released) was impressively close on the weight and stiffness of a traditional fork. I can‘t remember for sure but I think the axle was 25 or 30mm.

Who needs a fork stiffer than a 40?
Fatties hucking e downhill bikes?