Quantcast

Found a Rare Mountainbike Ferrari Colnago CX-60 Mountain Bike

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Was it the NRS that was intended to be ran with 0 sag?
yep

since it was designed by roadies who were skrd of suspension they layed it out so that any pedaling force just kept it topped out. Because bumps only need to compress suspension right? :rofl:

That 12ft horst link was how they did it. I can't remember any other dumbass design that did that, not intentionally at least

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
yep

since it was designed by roadies who were skrd of suspension they layed it out so that any pedaling force just kept it topped out. Because bumps only need to compress suspension right? :rofl:

That 12ft horst link was how they did it.
An Ochain would liven that right up.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Fair enough, I totally forgot how far away the rear chainstay pivot was from the rear axle. Maybe more like an early Rocky Element?
As far as design goals, both Giant and Specialized Brain were shooting for zero sag, ‘break the threshold’ type ‘efficient’ suspension. I don’t remember which came first, but they were equally bad.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I don’t remember which came first,
jfc

the nrs, by a few years

And no the brain shit wasn't designed to be run with zero sag, just have enough of a pEdAlINg pLaTfOrM that it also pedaledlikeahardtail™

the epic frames weren't any different than the nonbrain stumpjumper xc frames that came without the brain

and fuck you for making me remember I know all this stupid useless shit

Last edited:

jackie1

Chimp
Aug 31, 2023
I think it's a sexy bike. I get it that these are never made to beat what was out on the market at the time, but as far as looks, I've always loved it, being a car person myself.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
jfc

the nrs, by a few years

And no the brain shit wasn't designed to be run with zero sag, just have enough of a pEdAlINg pLaTfOrM that it also pedaledlikeahardtail™

the epic frames weren't any different than the nonbrain stumpjumper xc frames that came without the brain

and fuck you for making me remember I know all this stupid useless shit
The NRS was model year 2000, I was actually part of a group that tested different linkage points in the rocker arms in ‘99 and ‘00. I did contract work with the Giant race team at the time. I know a good bit about them, but I forget more.
I personally lost interest when the AC came out, which had changeable travel and progressiveness.
Looks like Brain came out in ’02.

jackie1

Chimp
Aug 31, 2023
It literally took me 2 years to find one of these. I know it was a limited run but it's just something I'm going to ride around the neighborhood and they weren't trying to rip me off on the price.